(Bucks County)

Default Re: Field & Stream/ Dick's Sporting Goods pull "Assault Weapons"

Can we just start calling them Cock's?

I see a lot of possibilities here.

https://www.myparkingsign.com/xp5/materials.aspx

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Have you not seen one of their stores, EM? Stone and granite everywhere, great lighting, lots of stock on the shelves, packed full of customers. Like REI but with better variety.

How could I NOT shop there?

I get the reference, but I will also state that the very last time I've been inside a dick's Sporting Goods store was the very next day after they announced they were removing all black rifles after the Sandy Hook shooting.
    I walked in to see if it was true and to see what the shelves/racks looked like after such a move.

Remember that at the time, Dick's had built up a MASSIVE lineup "evil" sporting rifles which was reflected by the photos and listings in the sale circulars found in the paper every Sunday.
    When I walked in and back to the gun counter, I saw racks that were FILLED with rifles and shotguns - not a single spot left empty. All AR15s were gone and replaced with "acceptable" guns that allowed soccer moms to breathe a sigh of relief - the baby-killer rifles were GONE. (well, not really - Dick's was just dicking people over and playing a game - they kept the rifles and sold them at their newly opening Field and Stream)

I walked out and vowed not to return unless they reversed their stance. (and underhandedly selling them at Field and Stream doesn't count)
    I didn't go back for 22LR when it was impossible to find elsewhere.
    I didn't go back to buy much needed winter clothing when it was on sale.
    I didn't go back. Period.

I CALLED them and requested my Dick's SCORE card be deactivated - and told them why.
    I cut up that card and I never went back.

This time around, it's even WORSE what they are doing.
    I know some people focus on them previously refusing to deliver AR15s that were paid for (which was really shitty), but for crying out loud, that's just money - they actively shit on your rights and EQUATED YOU TO A MURDERER for simply owning/wanting to buy an AR15.

THIS time, they not only "played the hero" by "removing the AR15 from their stores" (again? such "conviction" on their part), BUT they are ALSO CALLING for the BAN of Semi auto rifles AND mags over 10 rounds!
    They aren't JUST not selling them - THEY WANT THEM FUCKING BANNED from POSSESSION! And they are going on anti-gun news networks to make that stance LOUD AND CLEAR.

But yeah, they have boots you like, or golf shoes, or whatever... so go shop there, because "what's the big deal?"
    I won't. And I never will.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I know some people focus on them previously refusing to deliver AR15s that were paid for (which was really shitty), but for crying out loud, that's just money - they actively shit on your rights and EQUATED YOU TO A MURDERER for simply owning/wanting to buy an AR15.

THIS time, they not only "played the hero" by "removing the AR15 from their stores" (again? such "conviction" on their part), BUT they are ALSO CALLING for the BAN of Semi auto rifles AND mags over 10 rounds!
    They aren't JUST not selling them - THEY WANT THEM FUCKING BANNED from POSSESSION! And they are going on anti-gun news networks to make that stance LOUD AND CLEAR.

But yeah, they have boots you like, or golf shoes, or whatever... so go shop there, because "what's the big deal?"

I hear you and I've also stopped shopping at Dicks. Matter of fact, I needed something small the other day and guess who had it locally: Dunhams.

But I think you're wasting your breath to some extent. Plenty of people on this gun forum either don't own guns, own maybe one shotgun/rifle/handgun, don't think people need ARs, or are 2A patriots only when it's convenient.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I get the reference, but I will also state that the very last time I've been inside a dick's Sporting Goods store was the very next day after they announced they were removing all black rifles after the Sandy Hook shooting.
    I walked in to see if it was true and to see what the shelves/racks looked like after such a move.

Remember that at the time, Dick's had built up a MASSIVE lineup "evil" sporting rifles which was reflected by the photos and listings in the sale circulars found in the paper every Sunday.
    When I walked in and back to the gun counter, I saw racks that were FILLED with rifles and shotguns - not a single spot left empty. All AR15s were gone and replaced with "acceptable" guns that allowed soccer moms to breathe a sigh of relief - the baby-killer rifles were GONE. (well, not really - Dick's was just dicking people over and playing a game - they kept the rifles and sold them at their newly opening Field and Stream)

I walked out and vowed not to return unless they reversed their stance. (and underhandedly selling them at Field and Stream doesn't count)
    I didn't go back for 22LR when it was impossible to find elsewhere.
    I didn't go back to buy much needed winter clothing when it was on sale.
    I didn't go back. Period.

I CALLED them and requested my Dick's SCORE card be deactivated - and told them why.
    I cut up that card and I never went back.

Wait.....

How cheap of .22 are we talking here?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie2006 View Post
    I do not think big box stores should be selling firearms. Half of the people that are doing the transaction or even showing the firearm to a customer are clueless and usually can not offer any useful information.
    Well, shit. If that's the standard for whether a store should be selling something, there would be very few stores selling very few items.

The guy from Dick's was pissed.
    Probably because he works in retail more than anything else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Like REI but with better variety.
    A better variety of shitty goods. No thanks.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Wait.....

How cheap of .22 are we talking here?
    The reality is there are plenty of ‘boycotters’ in this thread who’d go to dicks incognito if they had a 50% off all ammo sale.

(York County)

Wouldn't it be ironic if the lefties/antis pick up on their hypocrisy?

They flat-out pulled a fast one six years back, just moving the guns to F&S. NOW they're self-righteously getting rid of AR-15's (from 35 F&S stores which means they didn't have that many anyway), BUT they still continue to sell .223, 7.62 and .308 semi-automatic rifles - many of which can accept 20-30 round magazines - at ALL their 600+ stores. They still continue to sell .223 ammo (including hollow-point), etc. at ALL their 600+ stores.

The lefties got hoodwinked, really. Dick's became their poster child and got huge PR & kudos among them for basically taking one rifle out of a tiny share of their stores.

I doubt the anti's are sharp enough to figure it out, but if they did, Dick's could end up worse off. Nothing angers people quite like feeling they got snowed...

I'm not excusing Dick's at all. I don't like any of it, of course. I don't like the slippery slope factor, and I don't like Dick's pandering. Just saying I'd have a laugh and a wink at karma if the other side ends up pissed off at them too.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    The reality is there are plenty of ‘boycotters’ in this thread who’d go to dicks incognito if they had a 50% off all ammo sale.
    50% off all ammo? At that point, given the loss they'd likely be taking on each box, it would be nearly the -duty- of anti-Dick's folks to go buy as much of it as possible.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    50% off all ammo? At that point, given the loss they'd likely be taking on each box, it would be nearly the -duty- of anti-Dick's folks to go buy as much of it as possible.
    Hmm, maybe have a point there. Regardless, Fudd shooters don't care about dicks.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast