Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Field & Stream/ Dick's Sporting Goods pull "Assault Weapons"

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Luzerne County)

I love the letter!!

Problem is, gonna take a while to affect the bottom line..
    By then, this will be a distant memory..
    And a bean counter will dismiss this as a .000001 discrepancy..

Yet I agree we ALL need to try!!!

(Washington County)

Default Re: Dick's to stop selling AR's

Hey guys,
    I wanted to thank everybody for the warm welcome. And I wanted to give a quick update while I was on my lunch break.

The ill planned, poorly executed, self inflicted drama continues. All pulled ammo is back except the 7.62x39. The mini 14s are back as are the moss berg 590DMs. All of which is liable to change 3 more times before Monday.

Also yes I am looking for a new job, I just want to have one lines up before I put my two weeks in. One of the places I was considering applying was cabelas. And that brings me to more bad news.

According to two of our managers who used to work for Cabelas, effective Monday morning they will pull ARs and or raise the age to buy to 21. This information came from the back channels, I would say it's more reliable than a tabloid, less than the gospel.

Also for your enjoyment, we have had our first positive customer feedback. A woman called and said that she thought Ed a Stack was a man of incredible moral charecter and a hero and I stopped listening after that. She did say that she doesn't shoot or hunt but she would come buy socks or something.

I think I prefer being cussed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll even let him shoot one of my AR15s - and any other "unacceptable" gun that Field and Stream won't sell.
    bring out the ak's!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Arms Dealer View Post
    Hey guys,
    I wanted to thank everybody for the warm welcome. And I wanted to give a quick update while I was on my lunch break.

The ill planned, poorly executed, self inflicted drama continues. All pulled ammo is back except the 7.62x39. The mini 14s are back as are the moss berg 590DMs. All of which is liable to change 3 more times before Monday.

Also yes I am looking for a new job, I just want to have one lines up before I put my two weeks in. One of the places I was considering applying was cabelas. And that brings me to more bad news.

According to two of our managers who used to work for Cabelas, effective Monday morning they will pull ARs and or raise the age to buy to 21. This information came from the back channels, I would say it's more reliable than a tabloid, less than the gospel.

Also for your enjoyment, we have had our first positive customer feedback. A woman called and said that she thought Ed a Stack was a man of incredible moral charecter and a hero and I stopped listening after that. She did say that she doesn't shoot or hunt but she would come buy socks or something.

I find the Cabela's rumor incredible if true. It would mean Bass Pro would as well since they just bought Cabela's. Further, I don't think there are enough Fudd's to support that many virtue signalling gun/hunting stores.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    bring out the ak's!

Sadly, I only have one of those (which I will bring), but I have more AR15s (more than 2/less than 50) than a liberal snowflake could emotionally handle.

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys,

Someone realized that there was no sense losing money on all that ammo profit when no liberals are crying about the ammo that kills babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sadly, I only have one of those (which I will bring), but I have more AR15s (more than 2/less than 50) than a liberal snowflake could emotionally handle.
    I don't own any of those evil evil weapons. I heard they sneak out at night and do unspeakable things.

(York County)

Ok, I have ghosted here on and off years and I never saw the need to post. And I have general idea of what kind of reaction this may get. I am not here to troll or break any rules. The first thing I did was read the forum rules and the section at the top about internet anonymity was very close to what brought me to the forum today. If you were to meet me in person you and I would very likely get along fine. We likely share the same interests, voted for the same candidates, We agree that ATF should be a convenience store, and we drool over the same stuff at shot show. With that said I work at Field and Stream. I have for three years, since my store opened. I started out in freight and worked my way up to full time, then to the gun counter. It was a great place to work. I liked the job, I like my coworkers, and I like the managers. It was a lot of fun, selling new shooters their first gun, selling people the tools they need to defend themselves, selling the rifle to a new hunter he would take his first buck with. Not to mention getting paid to put together sweet AR packages. Which brings me to the headline of this post.

At 07:00 Wednesday morning CEO Ed Stack made the decision that DSG/F&S would no longer be associated with mass shootings. An email was sent out company wide ordering all stores to pull MSR parts and accessories, "high capicity" magazines, select ammo, and of course those scary black rifles. This includes everything from Magpul, PSA, and Wheeler Engineering. Besides the dreaded Armalites, we will no longer carry Mini14s, Mini30s, PC9s, CMR30s, Sub2ks, M&P15-22s, or any other tactical looking weapons. The ammo we pulled includes all .223, 5.56, 7.62x39, tactically packaged 22lr such as Winchester M22, and federal 6.8 spec in the bronze msr packageing even though the Remington UMC 6.8 was left on the shelf. Also on the chopping block are weapon mounted flash lights, 25 round 10/22 mags, 33 round Glock mags, 15 round bodyguard magazines, and 5.11 morale patches including the American flag. Also included was a new policy where by we would no longer sell firearms of any kind including BLACK POWDER to anyone under 21. This was billed as Ed Stack taking a stand. When we were told I replied no this is Ed Stack walking right off a cliff and taking us with him.

The reaction in store was unanimously negative. Everyone and I mean everyone, not just the gun guys, but camping, fishing, hunting, the freight team, the apparel girls, and the cashiers were all against it. We all think it's stupid, we don't think it will fix anything or save "even one life". There are, for the moment at least, employees at the gun counter who are no longer able to buy what they are paid to sell. It is disgusting. But we didn't make the policy and we couldn't change it. So we followed orders and pulled it all. At some point between the time we were ordered to pull and the time we opened the doors Ed Stack made his stand with a safe interview on good morning America with George Stephanopolis. After that he retreated back to his ivory tower to do what ever it is elitist millionaires do when they aren't trying to ban guns.

That left all of us lowly employees down here on the firing line to take heat from irate customers. Which we did at 09:00 when we cracked the doors open. The public response was also overwhelmingly negative, which is fine. As I said we agree on this. The customers who came in the store were respectful. That's not to say they were not pissed or passionate, quite the contrary. But when you are staring at another human being and you can see on their face and hear in their voice, that they feel the same way about an issue that you do, you tend not feel the need to torch them with out mercy. We got a lot of "this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen " "I will never spend another dime here" "you guys will loose a lot of money" "well you just made your competition very happy" "I want to cancel my loyalty card and my credit card" "I just wanted to see if it was true" "you have lost my business" and many other such things. But they didn't make it personal. The phone calls on the other hand...

Toxic, vitriolic, hate very similar to what has been posted here about the company in the past. My department lead was mother F'd and called a communist. I was called a coward by someone on the phone who bravely hung up the phone before I could respond. The cashiers said that we have received death threats. There are several reasons for this. First the people who never worked retail don't understand that the store level employees / managers make 0 decisions on policy and yet it is my fault that you can't buy that new rifle you wanted. I mean it took us over a year to convince the office that we should get steel toed muck boots. When we had 3 dozen customers a week asking our footwear guys for them. Another is that when you are safely once other side of a computer screen or phone and you have anonymity you can say whatever you want with out fear of losing your teeth.That's not to say that I would get into a fight over this policy. I wouldn't. The point I am trying to make is this.

Before you call one of our stores, DSG or F&S, remember that the voice on the other end of the line is not trying to take your rights away, probably thinks this policy is stupid, and might be there because they can't afford to change jobs at the present. Mercilessly torching the 18 year old female cashier, the 30 year old navy vet in fishing, the 45 year old store manager who is just trying to put his kids through college, or the 25 year old second amendment supporting gun loving firearms salesman does nothing to bring back the ARs. The threats, profanity, and hate towards people who agree with you does not help the cause or represent gun owners in a good light. And does not apply heat where it should be.

I am fairly certain this decision was made by Ed Stack Unilaterally. That's not to say ther are not people at the office who agree with him, but I think that this is his personal ideological crusade. I think he is following his principals, misguided though they may be and I think he truly believes what he is doing will save lives. I don't but my opinion is irrelevant. Never mind the fact that 95% of murders and 82% of mass shootings occur with hand guns. Let's ban those scary assault rifles the high capacity clipazines, for the children. Never mind the fact this 19 year old just got back from Iraq, he can't handle a gun. Never mind the fact that an 18 year old single mom has a restraint order out on her ex and just wants to get a gun to defend herself her child. And forget the African American shop owner in Ferguson or Baltimore who's entire life savings are in his store and his wife and children live upstairs, and thousands ofout of town professional protesters show up in his city after a police shooting. To rape, pillage, loot, and destroy large swaths of the city. Surely no one needs more than 10 rounds.

Anyone who would like to send there response to these policies somewhere the might be heard the mailing address for the corporate office is 45 court street, Coraopolis, PA 15108. Address your letters to Ed Stack. DSG customer service telephone number is 1 877 846 9997. I don't know anyone who works at CS but they have likely been catching hell also. They didn't make the policy either so please be polite but passionate. And of course just like the rest of us here. Buy your guns elsewhere.

Thank you for reading my novel I hope you have a wonderful weekend. God bless
    Great first post, thank you and welcome.

FWIW, I haven't and won't 'torch' anyone who works at Dick's. I just haven't shopped there in years over their stupid policies (and high prices, and long waits at checkout) and certainly will continue to NOT shop there.
    DGAF

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I find the Cabela's rumor incredible if true. It would mean Bass Pro would as well since they just bought Cabela's. Further, I don't think there are enough Fudd's to support that many virtue signalling gun/hunting stores.
    I'm a regular customer at Cabela's. I probably spent $2K there last year on clothes, ammo, reloading stuff and odds and ends. If they pull a stunt like that they'll be hearing about it.

Gander Mtn is now owned by an anti gun prick as well. No I don't think there are enough Fudds to keep all these places open.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast