Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dick's to stop selling AR's

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Why would it be? Federal law doesn’t specify that a retailer must sell anyone over 18 a rifle.
    I am just assuming things here. All for some learning.

But, if a baker must bake a cake for any customer, why is Dicks/walmart allowed to pick and choose their customer?
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post

But, if a baker must bake a cake for any customer, why is Dicks/walmart allowed to pick and choose their customer?

"HOMO" is a PROTECTED CLASS.

"18" is NOT.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "HOMO" is a PROTECTED CLASS.

"18" is NOT.

Now that they cannot buy guns they have no choice on whether to be a protected class or not.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "HOMO" is a PROTECTED CLASS. "18" is NOT.
    EM has your answer.

It's not a Federal issue (i.e. not covered by the law), unlike discrimination based on sex - which, at its core, is what discrimination against homosexuals is.

Age discrimination may very well be illegal under state/local law - it will vary based on where you are.
    Last edited by free; March 2nd, 2018 at 11:43 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Well then, did not know, I figured age was a protected class kinda thing.

Interesting, thanks for the education
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Schuylkill County)

I wonder if riots are happening and we just aren't hearing about them?

(Allegheny County)

Well then, did not know, I figured age was a protected class kinda thing.
    It is, for those over 40 looking for a job.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/di...nation/agedisc

Now, what would be really interesting, is if Trump announces that the Federal Govt is not going to contract with any business that refuses to sell rifles to those over 18 (much like Obama did regarding minimum wage). However, I am not sure how much stuff the feds by from Dicks and Walmart anyway.

What makes it MORE interesting is the same issue affects rental car companies. A lot of places will not rent to those under 25, or 24, or maybe 21. But in some states, like NY and MI, they have to rent to anyone over 18 who otherwise is eligible. However, they CAN charge them an extra fee due to young age contributing to high risk.

It's not much of a stretch to guess this is how things may fall with respect to the gun issue. Companies can argue younger people are high risk, and thereby add a surcharge to the cost of the rifle that they have to sell, under law.

We will see how it goes (:
    Last edited by free; March 2nd, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Field & Stream/ Dick's Sporting Goods pull "Assault Weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Arms Dealer View Post
    Ok, I have ghosted here on and off years and I never saw the need to post. And I have general idea of what kind of reaction this may get. I am not here to troll or break any rules...
    Good reminder Scott. We know that a lot people that work in your industry are guys like us. Who wouldn't want to work around guns and sporting goods all day? You sound like a good guy (I know the one gun counter worker at the Dick's in Mechanicsburg was an actual dick) and no one here should beat you up.

I personally don't care what your employer does at this point. After the Sandy Hook shenanigans and then sending those evil guns to your store to sell for a nice profit, I vowed I'd never shop at Dick's/F&S. It's unconscionable for a company to behave that way. This is just a further wake up for some folks I know that were still running in for ammo sales and poo-pooed the post Sandy Hook actions.

Ultimately, I think you'll be out of a job. I don't think F&S will stay in business with just Fudd business. Dick's will probably stay afloat due to their broad inventory. I hope you're looking for a new job now so you don't have to compete with your co-workers when the ax falls.

As for Ed Stack, everyone that is tired of eating the shit he stirred should be handing out pre-printed business cards with his home number, cell number, office number along with contact addresses both electronic and physical. He's the one that deserves that vitriol, you should all make sure he's the one that gets it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Welcome to POOFA Scott! Good first post.

Anyone who would berate employees for (little Dick) Eddie's decision is an idiot.

Lots of people work for assholes. Most have responsibilities and can't just say, Fuck you, I quit!

I would also recommend seeking other employment at an employer who shares your values. It makes a difference.

Hang tough, tell it like it is, and don't be a Dick.
    QFT. Exactly what I was thinking to post in response to Scott. I also repped him for his first post.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    QFT. Exactly what I was thinking to post in response to Scott. I also repped him for his first post.

I didn't rep him, but I did extend an invite to the April group shoot here in Pittsburgh.

I despise the company he works for and it sickens me to hear that anyone here shops there - I even take some issue with the "we just work here" line of thought, but I'm not a complete "Dick".

I'll even let him shoot one of my AR15s - and any other "unacceptable" gun that Field and Stream won't sell.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast