Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Field & Stream/ Dick's Sporting Goods pull "Assault Weapons"

I doubt anyone believes you are personally responsible, but most people don't have a direct line to this Stack guy, and you and the other employees are the public face of the company. You're just going to have to dig in and accept the temporary blowback or search for new employment. If you really support the second amendment, I recommend the latter.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Dicks about to announce new policy about firearms in their stores.

Funny, like everybody else in the industry is going to follow Dick Head's lead.

Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dick's to stop selling AR's

According to the media support for fun control since this shooting has grown. All these years gun control has lost popularly with the general public. It seemed that people realized that gun control had no effect on crime and tragedies like mass shootings.

I don't know if it was actual independent thought or a new generation that didn't believe the propaganda. Most polls overwhelmingly said no to gun control no matter how it was worded. I don't think it was simply a matter of Second Amendment supporters flooding the polls.

Now the polls have swung the other way. So called supporters have said "Enough is enough". Politicians and high profile gun guys are supporting and proposing restrictions and bans. Companies that are leaving the NBA and making their own changes detrimental to gun Rights are seeing their stock prices go up.

I'm suspicious. Is it all propaganda? One side of the narrative being completely ignored? I'm honestly perplexed and confused and leary.

What is different? Especially in light of all the screwed up details of ignored red flags and warning signs. From local law enforcement and the FBI. The deputies that waited to enter the school and that no laws would have stopped it from happening.

Sandy's Hook failed to change the gun control debate. Las Vegas and the others no change. Now with this shooting even some here are proposing negotiations and compromise.

So help me understand. Is it simply the media making a huge push? The usual propaganda?

And with Trump suddenly switching gears, pissing off and on Second Amendment supporters ; suggesting ignoring due process as well, taking on the NRA etc. I'm now, as strange as it is, seeing Toomey, other Democrats and news organizations such as the Washington Post and HuffPo defend gun owners.

Seriously, WTF?!!

(York County)

Very well said, and it's great to see the next generation has a few people that are still willing to actually work their way up the company ladder! I think the majority of forum members can empathize with what you are going through; we know you have no control over policy. Fortunately PA is a right to work state, so if Dick's actions (or is it Ed? ) bothers you that much, and you can see the writing on the wall, begin looking for employment elsewhere.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Well if they can sue for not baking a cake we should be able to sue for age discrimination. Told my 20yr old daughter last night to go try purchasing a rifle at Dicks to see if they refused her. She wouldnt go for it though...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Well if they can sue for not baking a cake we should be able to sue for age discrimination. Told my 20yr old daughter last night to go try purchasing a rifle at Dicks to see if they refused her.
    Send her out to rent a car. See how many places refuse to rent to her because of her age.

(Centre County)

the difference I see is the gov't already regulates the minimum age to purchase a firearm or buy alcohol, anyone can buy a cake or whatever. But I guess this does not matter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by diputs View Post
    the difference I see is the gov't already regulates the minimum age to purchase a firearm or buy alcohol, anyone can buy a cake or whatever. But I guess this does not matter.
    Government regulates the minimum age to drive a car too.

(Allegheny County)

Instead of throwing out the ridiculous notion that "they are discriminating based on age", maybe use half of that brain energy to be pissed about something factual - like the fact that they are touting themselves as some sort of champions of public safety for removing a particular style of rifle from their stores AND preaching for the government to BAN them along with "high capacity" magazines?

For fuck's sake, this isn't an "age" issue, it's a
    WE WANT THOSE GUNS BANNED issue.

(well, not you old-fashioned, hunter-types, we still need your business, so we will sell guns to YOU)

(Bucks County)

Welcome to POOFA Scott! Good first post.

Anyone who would berate employees for (little Dick) Eddie's decision is an idiot.

Lots of people work for assholes. Most have responsibilities and can't just say, Fuck you, I quit!

I would also recommend seeking other employment at an employer who shares your values. It makes a difference.

Hang tough, tell it like it is, and don't be a Dick.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast