Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default FTL possession and timelines question

I am closing on my house on April 3rd and have a Milsim game (blank fire) I am going to in May that I would like to have a PTR for. Also seems like a good idea to get a rifle while I can, this is a big part of the reason I am moving here from NJ.

In theory if I order a rifle (gunbroker or similar site) can I have it shipped to an FTL while I sort out DLs and permits? I know the time line is challenging (6 weeks) but I am thinking I might be able to pull it off if I am not waiting on the order after the permit.

Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FTL possession and timelines question

Sorry, I can't really help you with that one.

In for the LOLs.

(Jefferson County)

Purchases/orders will probably be at your FFL within 1 week. Most common carriers require firearms to be shipped overnight.

So, when your FFL receives it(probably within 1 week of purchase online), you better be ready to perform the proper transfer within a couple days unless you and the FFL work something out otherwise. Many FFL's don't want to sit on a gun for weeks.

Not sure what you mean by permit. ...no permit is required to purchase a gun in PA.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Pike County)

That is kind of what I thought. I just meant getting my license/residence switched over.

You're going to do what to the who now?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    You're going to do what to the who now?
    I'm not sure, but I think it involves massive quantities of Tylium.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Blair County)

I am an FFL as well as a PA Dealer, both are required for a PA Background check. I usually will hold a mail order firearm for 6 months or more if arraigned before hand. Be aware that many on-line sellers will ignore a complaint if older than three or five days from delivery (rightfully so). I almost always require a PA Drivers (valid) as identification. It must have a street address, not a PO address. So, if dealing with an FFL that you can work with, and are aware of complaint/return seller policies, you may let mail order forearms "stack-up" in an FFL's care. A LTCF, issued by the Sherriff or Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the county/city where you reside is a good thing, for handguns, but it is of no help when acquiring a firearm. In PA there is no "registration" of common long or handgun style firearms, including so called semi-auto "assault rifles". I hope this helps.
    Steve

(Pike County)

Called Milsim West, it is like modern military reenacting using mixture of airsoft and realsteel rifles for blank fire. It's basically a game for idiots that hate themselves dig holes to sleep in and get rained on. There is no making it sound interesting, it is a bunch of sweaty people with too much disposable income playing war.

I am getting the rifle either way, it is a personal favorite and I have been stuck in crappy gun hating states for the last few years.

It requires dylithium not tylium.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWag View Post
    I am an FFL as well as a PA Dealer, both are required for a PA Background check. I usually will hold a mail order firearm for 6 months or more if arraigned before hand. Be aware that many on-line sellers will ignore a complaint if older than three or five days from delivery (rightfully so). I almost always require a PA Drivers (valid) as identification. It must have a street address, not a PO address. So, if dealing with an FFL that you can work with, and are aware of complaint/return seller policies, you may let mail order forearms "stack-up" in an FFL's care. A LTCF, issued by the Sherriff or Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the county/city where you reside is a good thing, for handguns, but it is of no help when acquiring a firearm. In PA there is no "registration" of common long or handgun style firearms, including so called semi-auto "assault rifles". I hope this helps.
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, this is helpful and seems pretty similar to NC actually.