Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default training - vehicle interiors

Hi all,

This has probably been asked before. Sorry if that's the case. Any recommendations for a class, an instructor, a thread that talks about self defense in the context of an assailant in the backseat of your vehicle?

Cheers.
    Last edited by just.tim; February 27th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: training - vehicle interiors

I wouldn't disclose your particular scenario to anyone. Keep it on the generic, such as you unwittingly forgot to lock your car, or the perp was able to get into your locked car, and hide in the rear floor and took you by surprise when you were seated.

Keep in mind that if you are acting as an agent for an established company, and you take action in violation of their established rules, you may find that you have more on your plate than merely being discharged. Their insurance company could settle in a manner putting you in the position of being/looking wrong if defending a subsequent litigation.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I wouldn't disclose your particular scenario to anyone. Keep it on the generic, such as you unwittingly forgot to lock your car, or the perp was able to get into your locked car, and hide in the rear floor and took you by surprise when you were seated.

Keep in mind that if you are acting as an agent for an established company, and you take action in violation of their established rules, you may find that you have more on your plate than merely being discharged. Their insurance company could settle in a manner putting you in the position of being/looking wrong if defending a subsequent litigation.
    Good point. I will edit instead of relying on internet anonymity.

(Bucks County)

Consider keeping a can of pepper spray foam in your car, hidden but within reach. The foam will be less likely to blow back than regular pepper spray.

It is non lethal and it won't deafen you like a gun shot might in such a closed off space like a car interior.

You should be careful of every spray in the car because there are allergenic odors as well as make you unsteady steering wheel steering.

May I suggest that you, OP, that you contact a PA Bar association, licensed attorney who has three credentials: 1. specialized, PA State specific knowledge of PA's Justification defense; 2. where his or her knowledge results from actually engaging in self-defense trials of wrongfully accused, but otherwise innocent defendants; and 3. Where he or she has advanced credentials in firearms instruction, e.g., Tom Givens, Clint Smith, Massad Ayoob. The internet is not a place to gather that advice, and especially on gun forums (yeah, I know "fora" is the correct term). Otherwise you'll be exposed to the chance that it may be better to be carried by six than judged by 12 or, at least to have the authorization to carry into prison a continuing supply of vaseline. Back channel me here, and I'll give you a recommendation.

TB605
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; March 16th, 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: additional info