Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newport, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,866
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    I'm assuming if you have such a cordial relationship, you're in the same political party. The fact that you had confirmation of what we've all been saying for literally decades leads me to that same conclusion.

    It's the same argument I've had with Dems over and over. "Nobody wants your guns, they just want some reasonable restrictions." And I've said, over and over, voting Dem is voting for the destruction of the 2A. Some people refuse to believe it because the NRA or other pro 2A groups have been very effective in shutting things down. And even not being able to shut things down, minimize the damage like putting a sunset on the AWB.

    Yes, Dem movers and shakers are out to remove the private ownership of firearms. Refuse to believe it at your own peril. This is more confirmation and one more example to be held up to those that need to be convinced.

    “AR15s are not the problem alone. Yes, it's the most popular military-style rifle, and it is designed to kill people effectively. But banning one model of weapon will just make people switch to other, equally effective killing machines. If you banned the Toyota Camry, would people stop buying midsize sedans? No, you'd just end up with more Honda Accords on the road. If you want to fix the problem, you have to ban all semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic means the weapon is loaded with a magazine (or belt in some cases) with multiple rounds; and for every trigger squeeze, one bullet is discharged. There is no real need for these weapons in civilian use. They aren't necessary for hunting, where the point is to kill the animal with one shot. It is only useful for killing a lot of things in a short amount of time or having fun at a gun range. I think our children's lives are more important than a fraction of the population's fun shooting a bunch of rounds quickly at a range. They'll cope.

    Handguns are far more responsible for gun deaths in America than semi-auto rifles. You mentioned the kid who brought a gun to school as only having a "handgun, not a semi-automatic." Well, almost all handguns are semi-automatic. They have magazines and one bullet per trigger squeeze. Though most handgun rounds aren't as deadly as rifle rounds, it's inconsequential at short range. And handguns are far easier to conceal than a rifle. With the exception of maybe revolvers (which have 5-6 round max before reloading), I believe handguns should be outlawed. The Virginia Tech massacre, the most deadly school shooting in American history, was accomplished with handguns only. Don't underestimate their lethality. I think military style rifles only account for about 2% of gun deaths each year. If you want to solve the problem, semi-auto handguns have to go, as well.

    If we really want to make a difference in gun deaths, we need to do WAY more than universal background checks and better mental health screening. Banning all semi-automatic weapons would make that difference. Keeping shotguns, revolvers, and bolt-action rifles legal accomplish all the typical, common uses of guns. (Bolt-action rifles are typical hunting rifles that you have to reload between shots.) With these types of firearms legal, you can still hunt, defend your home, and compete in sport shooting.

    Combine the following with the semi-auto ban.
    Government buy-back program of all semi-automatic weapons. Once a grace period for turn-ins ends, possession will be a felony without a special (and rare) license for Federally approved dealers and collectors.
    Gun licenses for all who want to continue to own approved firearms. Licenses will be granted by completing a comprehensive background check, psych evaluation, safety training, marksmanship training, and meeting strict storage requirements. Storage requirements would include safes, weapons unloaded, with ammo stored separately. Licenses expire after a certain number of years and all the requirements must be completed again for license renewal.
    Registration of all firearms.
    Insurance for all firearms. If your gun is used in a crime or if there's a accident with your gun, your insurance company is liable for damages. Let the insurance market set rates based on their analysis of risk. Then, people can decide if it's financially worth it to own a gun.
    Finally, here's your counterarguments for the most common pro-gun arguments:
    Pro-gun argument - assault weapons aren't an actual thing. Banning them won't make a difference.
    Counterargument - none. This is true. Classifying a gun as an "assault weapon" is something people who know nothing about guns do. Having a bayonet stud (a place to mount a bayonet) used to be one way to classify a gun as an assault weapon. Last I checked, we don't have a bayonet problem in this country. Talk about banning semi-auto guns instead of made-up things like "assault weapons."
    Pro-gun argument - 2nd Amendment guarantees my right to bear arms!
    Counterargument - sure, it does, but there can be limitations. And in case anyone needs a history lesson, the individual right to bear arms has only existed since 2008. From the adoption of the Constitution until the DC v. Heller decision in 2008, the 2nd Amendment had never been interpreted to mean private citizens have a right to own guns. (Thanks, Scalia.) But that decision is now the law of the land and precedent for future court decisions. Nevertheless, even in Scalia's majority opinion, he asserts that there are limitations to the 2nd Amendment. Weapons allowed should be those in common use at the time. And limitations should be made on "dangerous and unusual" weapons, per previous precedent in United States v. Miller. I argue that semi-auto firearms should now be considered "dangerous and unusual," given their lethality.
    Pro-gun argument - if law-abiding citizens get rid of their guns, criminals won't follow the law, and we'll be in more danger.
    Counterargument - this is an argument against having laws. Since criminals don't follow the law, there should be no limits on anything. Also, when we do outlaw things, it can work. Purchases of large quantities of ammonium nitrate fertilizer was restricted after the Oklahoma City bombing, and there hasn't been a similar bombing since. We outlawed fully automatic weapons, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. in the 20th century, and what has happened? We don't see violence with those types of weapons. Most weapons used to commit crimes are purchased lawfully. If we change the laws, it will work to reduce gun deaths.
    Pro-gun argument - if we ban guns, people will just use knives or baseball bats
    Counterargument - there are plenty of incidents around the world of mass stabbings or clubbings, etc. Show me one that is as lethal as a mass shooting.
    Pro-gun argument - we need armed security guards in every school
    Counterargument - do you trust the security guard won't become a mass shooter? The Texas church shooter was an Air Force veteran. The Pulse nightclub shooter was a security guard. Further, it's relatively easy to get the drop on a security guard. Shoot him first when he's not expecting, then keep going. That's what the Pulse nightclub shooter did. It's not difficult if you draw first. Columbine had armed security, too. Adding more guns to schools adds more risk, it doesn't reduce it.
    Pro-gun argument - it's a mental health issue, not a gun issue *or* guns don't kill people, people kill people
    Counterargument - The United States has the same rates of mental illness as other developed Western countries, but we're the only ones with this type of violence. The mentally ill are actually less likely to commit crime than those who aren't mentally ill, which many find surprising. Also, those who are mentally ill are more likely to become the victim of a crime than those who don't have mental illness. It's a common refrain to hear "anyone who would do that must be crazy." That's not true. Being a murderer doesn't actually mean you are mentally ill, which is why you hardly ever see successful insanity defenses in trials. And if "people kill people," then we really should stop giving all these people guns, right? We don't allow private F-22s or nuclear weapons, do we? Why? Because people would use them to kill other people. People use people-killing machines to kill people. Go figure.
    Pro-gun argument - We, as a society, have turned our backs on God. This is why crime is getting worse. We need God/Jesus to heal people's hearts, not get rid of law-abiding citizens' guns.
    Counterargument - Crime has actually decreased overall in recent decades. Things are getting better, not worse. Murder rates and violent crime overall have trended down as we've advanced as a society. Mass shootings have remained steady, though, because angry people have easy access to guns.
    Pro-gun argument - we need guns to fight against the government in case it becomes tyrannical.
    Counterargument - I doubt semi-automatic weapons will defeat a tyrannical government with fighter jets, bombers, tanks, artillery, drones, advanced cyber capabilities, and nuclear weapons.
    Pro-gun argument - gun registrations will make it easier for the government to disarm us
    Counterargument - The registration is necessary to keep track of deadly weapons in case they are used in a crime, or in case a law-abiding citizen commits a crime that revokes their right to guns. There's over 300 million privately owned guns in America. If the government wanted to take everyone's guns, they'd do it the same way they would if there wasn't a registry: by going door to door and searching everyone.
    I truly believe we need to do far more than anything advocated by most mainstream gun control organizations like Everytown and Moms Demand Action. We need to follow the lead of countries like the UK, Australia, and Canada. They've figured it out. Why can't we?”
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

    "He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

    "Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,680
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Not this guy or the guys I work with. We have had the discussion and the conclusion was, we wont be doing it. Besides ill be too busy scuba diving my guns out of the local lake.
    Daycrawler, where are you a cop? Just curious, you don't have to say.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South East of disorder
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Daycrawler, where are you a cop? Just curious, you don't have to say.
    I sent you a PM. Just curious as to why?
    Proud to be an A.P.D.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Switch off your troll brian for a sec.
    This isn't just a rando Democrat. He's the boss you reach after 2 hours of playing.
    As others have already said, those of us that have been actively involved have known for a long time that the Liberal goal is to repeal the Second Amendment.
    Liberal fixation on the Civil War and Lincoln are part of this overall drive to invalidate the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment.
    If everything before the Civil War was evil, and the country was recreated under Lincoln, then the Second Amendment can be seen as unprotected and invalidated.
    The Liberals have been pushing this concept relentlessly to school children, with the hope of raising the next generations with no attachment to the Bill of Rights.
    Things are moving rapidly Arctic, you may soon find yourself unable to continue as you are, and you may be forced to choose a side in this conflict.
    To vote Democrat or Independent Progressive, is to vote for the total nullification of the Second Amendment.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,680
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I sent you a PM. Just curious as to why?
    If I ever get pulled over Im going to ask for daycrawler (thats when the cuffs go on)
    I'm always curious as to where forum members work/live, puts things in perspective.
    I always thought you were delco, my stomping grounds.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Monroeville, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    "The left is not out to ban all guns, just the scary black Assault Rifles"
    "Just the tip, right? You're not going to shove the rest of it in, are you?"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,709
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Switch off your troll brian for a sec.

    This isn't just a rando Democrat. He's the boss you reach after 2 hours of playing.
    If he is the boss after 2 hours of play, what does that make Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton (for brevity I'm not going to continue to name names). They have all called for complete bans and confiscation.

    Congratulations on your enlightenment.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Watsontown, Pennsylvania
    (Northumberland County)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    737

    Default Re: PLEASE READ: Progressive Leader in Philadelphia Admits True Agenda

    knew this already,but WOW, just WOW. shows what we are up against.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Video: Democrat Admits Obama Agenda Is Total Gun Ban
    By PocketProtector in forum National
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops