Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Default NRA Under Fire By Partner Companies

Boy, things are really looking bleak. Even more so than after Sandy Hook and Las Vegas.

It looks like at least two large companies are ending their affiliations with the NRA:

Enterprise car rental ends NRA partnership

Enterprise Holdings -- which runs the Enterprise, Alamo and National car rental groups -- posted tweets Thursday evening saying the perks will come to an end by March 26.

A spokesperson confirmed Friday morning that its NRA partnership will end next month.

As of Friday morning, the NRA no longer listed Enterprise, Alamo or National among the rental companies that give it members discounts.
    NRA-branded Visa card dropped by First National Bank of Omaha

First National Bank of Omaha said Thursday it won’t renew a contract with the National Rifle Association to offer an NRA-branded Visa credit card after receiving complaints from customers amid an intensifying national debate on gun control.

“Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA,” the nation's largest privately-owned bank said in a post on its Twitter account. “As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa card.”
    I just got the NRA credit card a few months ago, as it gives you 5.0 % back on gasoline and sporting goods purchases. I guess I'll call them up and give them some "customer feedback" of my own and cancel my card.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: NRA Under Fire By Partner Companies

This is about the third thread on this topic I've seen.
    Check the "National" subforum as well as the "Lounge".

I don't think things are "bleak" - I think the idiots are just screaming louder this time.
    I'm not convinced that the screaming and ranting will be enough.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I don't think things are "bleak" - I think the idiots are just screaming louder this time.

Ever the optimist! I salute your coolheadedness in the face of seemingly shitty news.

(Bucks County)

Exactly.....2 can play that game......NRA and supporters needs to go on offensive....we did when Mullah O was there and we prevailed
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

I seldom go in the Lounge, and I somehow missed the thread in the National subforum.

I hope you're right about the screaming, but it feels different to me this time, like there's blood in the water. We seem to be in an age where emotion and "feelings" trump everything else, including logic.

(Crawford County)

What we need to turn the tide is an attempted mass murder of politicians that is thwarted by gun toting security. Oh that’s right we did......but they were the wrong party.

(Susquehanna County)

I cancelled my Enterprise membership, cancelled 2 rentals for April and May and told them "As a life member of NRA you have just stated you no longer desire to do business with me. I request you transfer my accumulated points to Doctors without borders" Now to book cars through a non-political company that concentrates on renting cars
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Ever the optimist! I salute your coolheadedness in the face of seemingly shitty news.

Well, having seen and heard the same people screaming for gun and magazine bans for the nearly two decades that I've been actively pro-2A, I've heard it all before.

The fact that the media went all out "BAN GUNS" on that very day of the shooting and the fact that they mobilized children, did have me concerned at first. I'm not as worried now because the laws don't just "change" because a bunch of idiots want it - there's a process, and while I'm not an expert in the workings of government, I know that it's not that easy.

It also helps to see these people being exposed - these child puppets and their handlers. The left likes to scream and get vulgar and they think that the person who shouts the loudest wins. I would suggest that their screaming, ranting, property-burning protests and such that they have enjoyed over the last few years has completely backfired and people are fed up with their shit.
    Why do you think Mr. Trump won the election?

There's a fight to be had, but I don't see the need to give up hope, or to sit and do nothing.

(Chester County)

The idiots have identified and worked on targets that are not on our radar and make little to no difference to us. Others will soon step up to get the benefits of having a great demographic served up on a silver platter. I very much doubt that the screaming idjits will step up and get enough Bank of Omaha credit cards to make up for the lost NRA revenue.

They just devalued an "evil bank" to gain a day in the news. If the bank is that stupid, it's good we found out now. This kind of stupidity doesn't grow in the wild; it must be cultivated.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Crawford County)

Well, having seen and heard the same people screaming for gun and magazine bans for the nearly two decades that I've been actively pro-2A, I've heard it all before.

The fact that the media went all out "BAN GUNS" on that very day of the shooting and the fact that they mobilized children, did have me concerned at first. I'm not as worried now because the laws don't just "change" because a bunch of idiots want it - there's a process, and while I'm not an expert in the workings of government, I know that it's not that easy.

It also helps to see these people being exposed - these child puppets and their handlers. The left likes to scream and get vulgar and they think that the person who shouts the loudest wins. I would suggest that their screaming, ranting, property-burning protests and such that they have enjoyed over the last few years has completely backfired and people are fed up with their shit.
    Why do you think Mr. Trump won the election?

There's a fight to be had, but I don't see the need to give up hope, or to sit and do nothing.
    To be fair, the bulk of the NRA’s financial support comes from the gun industry subsidies. That membership could be dwindling is of minor concern to them. What they really look at is the total contribution. As such the NRA represents the interest of gun and ammo manufacturers; not members. My guess is that the slide fire Company failed to forward their “share” to the gun lobby or they were such a small piece of the market that the nRA didn’t care. If Colt manufactured the bumpstock and sold one to every gun owner in America......the NRA would have defended it to the hilt. Which it could easily have done because it is clearly a legal piece of plastic which does nothing to change a legal firearm into an illegal machinegun. And it is not a part of an illegal system. In fact, if you install it on an illegal machinegun.....it makes it perform like a legal semiauto or it makes it malfunction completely.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast