Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: NRA Under Fire By Partner Companies

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    You know every time you say that shit it just pisses off those of us who are not NRA supporters even more. Nothing says "Join me" like being insulted. And we have seen yet again this year exactly what your sell out quisling organization really thinks of our rights.
    I really don't have any interest in what you feel. If gun owners haven't joined the NRA by now I believe they are a freeloaders riding on the backs of those that have been paying the way to keep gun rights. Bloomberg has made his money quite effective by using useful idiots on you tube joker channels.

I've been a member of the NRA since about 1980. I don't think I can remember a time when I used any kind of discount or coupon that was offered by the NRA. The only thing I'm interested in that the NRA does is lobby politicians to convince them not to attempt through legislation to take away rights affirmed by the US Constitution. I've had some disagreements over the years with some of the people that were NRA board members but generally I'm not displeased with the actions they have taken to protect my rights. I can judge a person or organization by who their enemies are. The NRA is the enemy of the leftists and their lapdogs in the press.

One of the main reasons why the NRA doesn't have all the power it needs to prevent politicians from doing the wrong thing is because freeloaders won't show up to vote or won't pony up the cash it needs to influence those that will take away rights. Whenever I read things like "The NRA let this or that happen" all I can do is shake my head and wonder what kind of idiot that owns guns doesn't know how things actually work at this point. The NRA doesn't make legislation nor does it approve it. The only thing they can do is influence politicians with the promise of votes and money to do what is needed to be done.

Many of the you tube jokers have no idea about power and how it's used and abused but that's because of the tiny bit of knowledge they possess when it comes to power, money and government so they are easily manipulated.
    Last edited by JenniferG; February 26th, 2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Does the NRA permit anonymous members? As in, you sent the money for a life membership, and so you are a member - but they have no idea who you are or how to contact you, but you at a +1 to their membership roster.

And to be clear - I'm talking about BEING a member anonymously, not simply donating money to them anonymously, which does NOT result in you being a +1 to their membership roster.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Does the NRA permit anonymous members? As in, you sent the money for a life membership, and so you are a member - but they have no idea who you are or how to contact you, but you at a +1 to their membership roster.

And to be clear - I'm talking about BEING a member anonymously, not simply donating money to them anonymously, which does NOT result in you being a +1 to their membership roster.
    But if you're anonymous how could they possible send you several hundred pounds of junk mail per year, send you hundreds of emails and inundate your voice mail with phone calls?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But if you're anonymous how could they possible send you several hundred pounds of junk mail per year, send you hundreds of emails and inundate your voice mail with phone calls?
    I learned years ago to take charge of my membership. I called them on the phone and told them I don't need any of their offers or coupons and that I show up to vote in every election and contribute money when I have money to contribute. The woman operator understood and I've never received any more calls or junk mail in my mailbox after that. I didn't get angry or act undignified I just explained I do what I have do to be a responsible member of the NRA and citizen of my state and country. I get the American Rifleman magazine and that's all I get in my mailbox. I contribute to the NRA-ILA a couple of time during the year. If I feel like wearing NRA gear I'll buy and have bought shirts, jackets and knives from the NRA store in the Made in USA section.

EDIT: I do get the voter guide post card before elections. They aren't 100% reliable because of the politicians not being 100% reliable. That's why they call them voter guides.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I learned years ago to take charge of my membership. I called them on the phone and told them I don't need any of their offers or coupons and that I show up to vote in every election and contribute money when I have money to contribute. The woman operator understood and I've never received any more calls or junk mail in my mailbox after that. I didn't get angry or act undignified I just explained I do what I have do to be a responsible member of the NRA and citizen of my state and country. I get the American Rifleman magazine and that's all I get in my mailbox. I contribute to the NRA-ILA a couple of time during the year. If I feel like wearing NRA gear I'll buy and have bought shirts, jackets and knives from the NRA store in the Made in USA section.
    Which is great....but you're still on their list.

(Chester County)

Which is great....but you're still on their list.
    If that's the case a Postal Money Order can be sent without having to disclose your name and address.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If that's the case a Postal Money Order can be sent without having to disclose your name and address.
    Yes - I understand I can just donate money to them. For that matter, I could just make up a fake name and address to avoid being on their list. But that was not my question.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Yes - I understand I can just donate money to them. For that matter, I could just make up a fake name and address to avoid being on their list. But that was not my question.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish... or avoid. I suppose you could use an alias and a non-identifying email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) along with the post office money order. If you need a postal address, either rent a PO Box or just use a fake postal address. There might even be services that accept mail and throw it away... dunno, never looked.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish... or avoid.
    I thought I was clear. My question was whether one could be a member, anonymously, so that one would not be on any list nor have any documented association with the NRA - and yet they could legitimately add +1 to its membership roster.

I suppose you could use an alias and a non-identifying email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) along with the post office money order. If you need a postal address, either rent a PO Box or just use a fake postal address.
    As stated above - yes - in the post you quoted - I know one can LIE. But that was not my question, which was, does the NRA accept anonymous membership?

(Bucks County)

Why would someone want to be anonymous? I can easily mark emails as spam and block phone numbers if I choose, however I'm proud of my membership, not ashamed of it.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast