Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Car rental and banks severing ties with NRA

I travel with my CCW,all legalized and done with the TSAs protocol. I will not patronize any business that trys to negate our 2A rights and these car rental companys can no longer rely on my business !

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I will not patronize any business that trys to negate our 2A rights and these car rental companys can no longer rely on my business !
    Few thoughts to consider...

1. Companies who choose not to align with the NRA are not actively negating anyone’s rights... for most, it’s a business decision and has nothing to do with being anti.
    2. Companies position their marketing strategies to maximize profits, so they tend to avoid controversial/heated issues, like guns and religion.
    3. Your boycott list must include hundreds of companies and products.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Few thoughts to consider...

1. Companies who choose not to align with the NRA are not actively negating anyone’s rights... for most, it’s a business decision and has nothing to do with being anti.
    2. Companies position their marketing strategies to maximize profits, so they tend to avoid controversial/heated issues, like guns and religion.
    This is very different from simply not offering NRA discounts in the first place.

Two weeks ago their business decision and marketing strategy was to align with the NRA. These policy changes were announced with press releases and tweets from their corporate accounts, pretty unusual for group discount terminations. This is clearly intended to communicate to the gun grabbers that they are on their side. Very well, I believe in their freedom of association and their freedom of speech. Now I will exercise mine.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    This is clearly intended to communicate to the gun grabbers that they are on their side.
    Or, perhaps they simply wish to distance themselves from the controversy.

(Delaware County)

Yes and if the disdain for these companies continues from gun owners, the rental companies in question will come back in the fold. Only a matter of time. For the non NRA members that would not get the news regarding this policy, gun stores and gun shows should make every effort to place signs at their venues advising of companies that are not tolerant of firearm owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    This is very different from simply not offering NRA discounts in the first place.

Two weeks ago their business decision and marketing strategy was to align with the NRA. These policy changes were announced with press releases and tweets from their corporate accounts, pretty unusual for group discount terminations. This is clearly intended to communicate to the gun grabbers that they are on their side. Very well, I believe in their freedom of association and their freedom of speech. Now I will exercise mine.
    this.
    they are catering to the whims of fools on an errand to make their life hell because NRA appeared on their website.
    if they were doing anything other than virtue signaling, it wouldn't fit so perfectly with the anti-nra cries.
    even if they come back in the near future, they are emboldening the libprogtard anti's who will have that renewed sense of winning as they attack everything else to further the agenda. while we continue to lay back, simply arguing over whether we will provide business to these companies anymore.

i mean, gun owners still shop at dicks. NRA numbers 5m, that's a fraction of people even among gun owners, this is all about money to the companies. it just emboldens the left as a side effect.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i mean, gun owners still shop at dicks. NRA numbers 5m, that's a fraction of people even among gun owners, this is all about money to the companies. it just emboldens the left as a side effect.
    I buy all my running shoes at Dicks, because they have good inventory and their prices are reasonable. Boycotts are for social justice ‘martyrs’ and have little impact on company revenue.

I buy all my running shoes at Dicks, because they have good inventory and their prices are reasonable. Boycotts are for social justice ‘martyrs’ and have little impact on company revenue.
    doesn't being a martyr require a sacrifice?
    we're hardly sacrificing anything if we just choose to do business elsewhere, with loud displeasure.
    i mean, do you read much MSM? i don't. i chose to take my ad revenue generation elsewhere.
    bank puts up a "no guns" sign. you stop carrying? break their policy(kudos to you)? or take your business elsewhere, they've made it known that you are not welcome.

the nice thing about this country is that you are still free to enjoy dicks to your heart's content. just as i can avoid dicks like the plague and we're still online buddies, no one is going to line you up against a wall for it.
    well, unless the left takes hold again.... there will be round ups then.

there is a difference between this and what the left does, lining up and blockading stores in protest.

Edit: can someone rep jak for his love of dicks please? i have to spread more of my poofa love around before giving him more.
    (punctuation... makes a world of difference)
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Sometimes boycotts are simply the equivalent of having a moral compass and there's no delusion of running the offensive business out of business.

(Berks County)

can someone rep jak for his love of dicks please?

Got him.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast