Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Looks like we better ban hands, fists and feet! *

(Something I wrote and emailed to most of my list):

Below is from an annual FBI Uniform Crime Report. Homicides by weapon used.

Note 2015 shows rifles (includes the dreaded AR and AK) at 252; Hands/fists/feet at 624.

(** Sarcasm, of course). However:

Hands/fists and feet present an embarrassing problem for those bent on controlling things. It leaves them without an object to demonize. They do get a break when a knife is used...1544. England is trying to address that method. When they succeed perhaps taxpayer-supported NPR, The Guardian and Mother Jones will pass along how to do it.

So, in 2015, 252 homicides were by "assault rifles" and other types of rifles. In other words, AR-15s and AK-47s and 74s and other so-called assault weapons comprise less than the 252 cited. If anyone finds that break-out, please tell me.

There are 337 schools in Broward county, which have existed for years. 3200 students in the school the shooter chose. Looking at the numbers of days and years, numbers of schools, numbers of children, the probability of a school child being murdered by any means is so low it looks something like .001654%.*

*Not meant to trivialize or suggest doing nothing. But I am suggesting creating difficulties for uninvolved, blameless citizens who own and use modern sporting rifles that represent an extremely low use in crime is not only unfair to many millions of law-abiding citizens, it will do nothing to stop anyone with a plan and an imagination.

Harden the schools. We hardened airports and airlines. We hardened mass events everywhere. We are hardening our borders. We harden places that involve large amounts of money.

Harden the schools. If they don't, those responsible are putting money ahead of safety. You do not harden a school by putting up $50 "Gun Free Zone" signs...you soften it.

Regarding the much-maligned NRA "buying congress" and interfering with proposed gun laws, some interesting perspectives:

Of the estimated 350 million souls in the United States, the NRA represents 5 million members who belong voluntarily and pay dues voluntarily. It took the NRA 20 years to spend 200 million dollars...millions with an M...on legal communications with law makers in an effort to safeguard all citizen's rights. Yes, non-members are getting a free ride.

The multitudes of unions in one year spent several Billions...with a B....on political contributions and lobbying;

many of whose members must join and pay dues, and see their money spent in ways they would not, with no voice in that spending...including 92% of political contributions going to the Democrat party.

The NRA being the main or even a major cause of gun deaths is just not worthy of a reply.

May I pose a question re children being kept from guns? Would the young people who were members of the ROTC, who acted so bravely during this latest shooting, fall into that category?

More questions: Consider that calling for guns (police) during a school shooting results in a delayed interruption of the shooter. Assuming a (very generous estimated) three-minute delay before the shooter is confronted, with the shooter shooting one student every 6 seconds, doesn't the delay potentially equal 30 students dead or injured? Shouldn't some consideration be given to lessening/eliminating that delay? This scenario presupposing the shooter has defeated a hardened school?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2011-2015.xls

Default Re: Looks like we better ban hands, fists and feet! *

To paraphrase a famous quote, "Violence is rarely the solution to a problem, but when it is, it is the only solution." When evil walks into your life, there is no time for discussion, mediation or meditation. React effectively or die.

(Philadelphia County)

I have a black belt in Karate.My hands and feet are "registered" as deadly weapons.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Venango County)

The concept for barring hands and feet is really not as ludicrous as it sounds.

Basically, we will have an anti-violence law. You won't even be allowed or excepted for self-defense use of force let alone use of deadly force.

I believe the U.K. has done so.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch