Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Information sought on NEF/H&R pistol

Hello Everyone;

There used to be a member of this forum who was considered an authority on these pistols. If he is still here, I would like to ask him (can't remember his "handle") his opinion on the NEF R92 "Ultra" pistols and how that model compares in quality to other NEF/H&R pistols. I'm interested in feedback from anyone else who owns one, collects them, or otherwise has experience with these guns. How do they hold up with use? Are there parts that break frequently and if so, what part would that be? What model was considered the top of the line of these revolvers (the 999 maybe?). Thanks for any response that you might have for me.

Woodsman

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Information sought on NEF/H&R pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman 22 View Post
    Hello Everyone;

There used to be a member of this forum who was considered an authority on these pistols. If he is still here, I would like to ask him (can't remember his "handle") his opinion on the NEF R92 "Ultra" pistols and how that model compares in quality to other NEF/H&R pistols. I'm interested in feedback from anyone else who owns one, collects them, or otherwise has experience with these guns. How do they hold up with use? Are there parts that break frequently and if so, what part would that be? What model was considered the top of the line of these revolvers (the 999 maybe?). Thanks for any response that you might have for me.

Woodsman
    Sadly he has passed away. I thoroughly enjoyed his posts on those old guns. His forum name was 32 Magnum. Knight0334 is knowledgeable on them maybe he can help.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montgomery County)

Thank you MPan72 for your reply to my post. I had given up on the idea that someone was going to reply. I am sorry to learn that 32Magnum had passed away. In the meantime I had searched the internet for info on these guns and there isn't much out there. There is a book (expensive at $89.95 for a copy) by a fellow who also passed away a few years ago named Bill Goforth which is a sort of "bible" on the H&R guns; 628 pages long. I understand that the NEF R92 is a near copy of the H&R 904 so that would have been a source of info, but the asking price is too steep for me, at least right now. I'll bet there is a lot of interesting info in it though. Thanks again for your reply.

(Delaware County)

I would reach out to Knight0334. He has helped others with H&R info.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.