Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trey gowdy

Default Trey gowdy

I used to think he was a smart man...
    Now, not so much

(Chester County)

Default Re: Trey gowdy

Rep Gowdy. For a Southern boy, did you just have a brain fart?

(Wayne County)

He doesn’t need to be re-elected.

(Westmoreland County)

I did not finish this set piece interview. Trey is hedging, which is strange because he's retiring from Congress. Maybe he does not want to jeopardize a Federal Judge position in the future?

To me the core issue is the Safe Schools Act and the failure of the Security State.

Since 1990 US Schools have been Target Rich Zones because teachers and responsible adults on campus have been disarmed by force of law. Five year prison term for possession of a firearm. This "guns are bad" magic thinking has perversely shown "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns". Instead of acknowledging failure we need more of that same foolish thinking?

The PATRIOT act and other "security state" measures were supposed to find "terrorists". OK, how did that the school shooter at Parkland make all of those violent posts, people called the FBI and local police, "see something, say something" while he talked of being a school shooter, but nobody bothered to detain him for at least questioning? Is that foolish young man not a terrorist?

How does an unemployed school kid get himself an AR15 and "lots of magazines"? Where were his 'care givers'? Did they give him the money?

How about the shooter in Los Vegas, whose motives are so opaque that we still don't know why he spent thousands of dollars and tossed away his life to do it? Oh, the FBI isn't sure. They'll have a report some time before the 2018 elections, when it can become part of the Democrat's campaign against 'gun violence'. The FBI seem to know how many times Trump's nephew met with "Russian government representatives" but they don't know why this yo yo shot at over "five hundred people"?

Civil rights? Probable cause? I see - one individual's rights are sacred. The rights of over three hundred million US citizens do not matter?

Our news media are deceitful trash, lower than prostitutes. Working for gigantic Corporate media conglomerates who sell our rights for some fame and a little profit. The Elites just want to dominate us, easier done if we cannot shoot their goons and henchmen when they show up.

Rep Gowdy should have stayed away from them.
    Last edited by GeneCC; February 22nd, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

The gun control lobby keeps forgetting an important fact - most gun control supporters have short attention spans. A tragedy strikes, people get upset. Children are toted to rallies.

Eventually the pain passes, only families still care and quite a few do not "blame" firearms. If people really hated firearms nobody would buy them in the first place.

Gun owners have to live with gun control laws so they have more motivation to oppose it. Bloomberg and the rest are trying to make activism more permanent but hate and anger are tough to sustain in the long run. Even the crusader mind is tough to sustain when most people just don't care.

(Westmoreland County)

I apologize for seeming insulting but this needs asking for emphasis.

Who gave these kids access to President Trump? Why did he agree to see them in front of the press?

Who is paying the hotel rooms and airfare for these kids? Who gave them time from school? Who arranged a visit with the President on such short notice?

Something sounds arranged about all of this - I am not suggesting any "Deep State" business or conspiracies. I figure it's some big shots in New York. Maybe Mike Bloomberg called Trump and personally asked him to do it? Some progressive outfit paid the bills.

Mr. Trump has a decision to make - does he want his "base" to back him? He ran with strong support from gun owners. Even as a one term President does he want those people to support him as he goes about his work?

The people who have tried to wreck his Presidency since he was elected would be happy to leave him "high and dry". So that they can hold the cards.

(Wyoming County)

OP- WOW just fucking wow.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    That's my sentiment exactly. I never expected that out of Trey Gowdy.

(Perry County)

Pretty clear he know he doesn't need to kiss the ass of his base any longer. Also pretty clear that he's a hardcore statist after all of his years in government.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Yep. I always thought trey was a straight shooter, and very honest. Now I realize he is just a retard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast