Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Public Protection Orders for Confiscation of Firearms - Senator Daylin Leach

I'm betting there will be, (thought), laws against domestic violence and guns for start. Then later, laws for thoughts against politicians.

Default Re: Public Protection Orders for Confiscation of Firearms - Senator Daylin Leach

Well, well, well...this POS had a bad weekend:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/two-month...ressional-bid/

Two months following misconduct allegations, Sen. Daylin Leach withdrawals congressional bid

In a statement posted to Facebook Saturday night, Pennsylvania State Senator Daylin Leach announced the official end to his congressional bid.

About two months ago allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment against Leach surfaced, with several ex-staffers and colleagues -- including eight women and three men -- sharing detailed accounts of Leach’s unwanted advances.

In light of the allegations, Leach announced in December that he was “taking a step back” from his campaign, suspending for the time being. Other Pennsylvania politicians, including Governor Tom Wolf, called on the democrat and Temple alum to resign.

Despite these calls from colleagues, Leach instead penned an op-ed for the Philadelphia Inquirer, apologizing to anyone he made uncomfortable, insisting, “I have always been a somewhat touchy person in conversation with both men and women and, therefore, I always assumed it was OK.”

In January his opponent, 7th District Republican Rep. Pat Meehan, dropped his bid after his own set of sexual harassment allegations surfaced.

Now Leach is officially withdrawing himself from the congressional bid, cementing the move with a lengthy Facebook post that does not mention the allegations but briefly refers to his op-ed.

Leach began his statement by talking about how he always dreamed to grow up and work in Congress among progressives, saying, “My fantasies never included Louie Gohmert, Paul Ryan, intractable partisan gridlock, or endless fundraising.”

Leach cites the election of President Donald Trump as a factor of pursuing office further in the first place, writing, “As destructive as I told people he would be as I campaigned for Hillary in 2016, his awfulness exceeded all of my expectations,” he wrote.

“I typically do not back down from a challenge, but the more these individuals direct attacks at my family -- including my children -- the more we, as a family asked, ‘is it worth it?’ and ‘what’s the big payoff?’” he wrote.

He concludes to say how proud he is of the progressive movement and that he wishes the other candidates well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ent/ar-BBJC4kL

State Sen. Daylin Leach won't run for Congress after reports on harassment

In a lengthy late-night Facebook post that name-dropped Robert Frost, Robert Kennedy and President Trump, state Sen. Daylin Leach made it official: His stalled congressional campaign is finished.

Mr. Leach’s statement, which was posted online shortly after 10:30 p.m. Saturday, came a little more than two months after the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Post-Gazette and the Philadelphia Daily News first reported that eight women who had either worked for Leach or the Pennsylvania Democratic Party had accused the three-term senator of subjecting them to unwanted physical contact or sexually charged conversations.

Some fellow Democrats, including Gov. Tom Wolf, immediately called on Mr. Leach to resign and abandon his attempt to unseat Republican U.S. Rep. Pat Meehan in what was then the Seventh Congressional District. But Mr. Leach initially demurred, opting to announce that he was simply “taking a step back” from his campaign as he assessed the fallout from the allegations.

A Wolf spokesman said the governor did not have any statement to release about Mr. Leach’s decision Sunday night.

Mr. Meehan, meanwhile, dropped his reelection bid in January, after it was reported that he’d spent nearly $40,000 in taxpayer money to settle a former aide’s sexual harassment complaint.

“I believe the people who have spent the most time with me the past few months would say that I am making a dedicated effort to listen and learn,” Mr. Leach wrote Saturday.

“Some people, most of whom I have never met and don’t know anything about me personally, seem unwilling to accept that. I typically do not back down from a challenge, but the more these individuals direct attacks at my family — including my children — the more we, as a family asked, ‘Is this worth it?’ and ‘What’s the big payoff?'”

Mr. Leach will instead remain in his state Senate seat.

“I think he made the right decision, and I’m glad that he made it at this point,” said State Rep. Mary Jo Daley, D-Montgomery, who announced Tuesday that she would run for the Fourth District seat.

That makes her one of three women seeking the Democratic nomination, in itself remarkable in a state that presently has no women serving in its congressional delegation. Ms. Daley has been active with Emerge Pennsylvania, an organization that seeks to prepare women to run as Democrats for public office.

“I can tell you that one of my major interests for a long time has been getting more women elected,” she said.

Ms. Daley had private conversations encouraging Mr. Leach to abandon his campaign for Congress. Another candidate for the seat, State Rep. Madeleine Dea, D-Montgomery, had publicly called on Mr. Leach to step away from the race. She also noted the importance of women running to fill the seat.

“Our delegation has no women,” she said. “It’s time for a woman.”

No woman has served as Pennsylvania governor or as a U.S. senator from the state, and only seven have been elected to represent the state in the House of Representatives.

Shira Goodman, a prominent gun control advocate, is the third woman seeking the Democratic nomination.

Mr. Leach’s decision will undoubtedly have reverberations in Montgomery County’s newly redrawn Fourth Congressional District, which already already attracted a crowd of Democratic candidates. The redistricting gives the typically divided Montgomery County a district that represents 90 percent of the county.

The Fourth District seat is currently held by Republican Scott Perry, who is among the members of that party fighting the redistricting plan in court.

The lingering uncertainty over Mr. Leach’s plans created a headache for the state Democratic Party. Thanks to his liberal bona fides and outsize social media presence, Mr. Leach had plenty of name recognition and money, with a reported $180,000 on hand as of Dec. 31. But he also had heavy baggage: Running for higher office in the #MeToo era after being accused of inappropriate behavior by multiple women seemed like a dicey proposition.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; February 26th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Wayne County)

Ah how sweet it is!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123