Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PICS Status delayed to Undetermined

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    If you'll take a look at the portion highlighted in red, you will see he is undetermined and starting an appeal.

You seem to be missing information that was posted, and fairly hostile. We are supposed to be polite to the new users here.

But his story is entirely consistent with being in "Contempt of Cop". As in, "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride." Officer knows that there is no offense, but he is going to teach the person a lesson by making them go through the system for a while. A week is a long time for this, but not out of the realm of possibility. Given no further action was taken, it shouldn't be an issue as long as the OP can show that what he related was accurate.
    Please don't use that green color my eyes are throbbing.

(Berks County)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanginobili View Post
    All,

So I got the letter in response to my appeal and the reasons for my undetermined status are as follows:

Warrant: 10/19/2011, I believe this may be an unpaid ticket? But I'm not sure, will be confirming tomorrow. If so, I'll pay it, but I believe 18 Pa C.S. ss 6105 (c)(1) states that a warrant for a moving violation is not disqualifying in PA. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Arrest: 3/27/2011, Domestic Violence, will have to follow up, but I did call about this earlier in the week and they couldn't find anything. Will keep you updated.
    You need to consult with a attorney that specializes in gun law at this point.
    Anything else would be grossly irresponsible and reckless given the information you posted above.
    Best of luck to you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I'd most strongly suggest you follow the very solid advice below! Phil Kline (Gunlawyer, mentioned previously) would be a great place to start.

It sounds like there may have been a mix up of records between Ohio and PA; perhaps you have a really common name?

Please don't take any chances of making things worse on yourself; the PA state police have been somewhat proactive regarding prosecutions for lying on 4473s recently (NOT saying you lied, just could be construed that way). Best of luck resolving your situation.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You need to consult with a attorney that specializes in gun law at this point.
    Anything else would be grossly irresponsible and reckless given the information you posted above.
    Best of luck to you.

(Erie County)

Thought I'd update everyone, so I did have a warrant for an unpaid parking g ticket, that was paid. As far as my charge I received a case disposition letter from the city it occurred in stating: there is no record found with the Municipal Court Clerk of Courts office for the above charge by arrest date submitted. About a week ago I got the decision indicating that I am not prohibited from owning a firearm. Thanks everyone.

About a week ago I got the decision indicating that I am not prohibited from owning a firearm. Thanks everyone.
    Congratulations! Now go get some training and build up a nice collection. Get your LTCF and carry everyday.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Jefferson County)

Thought I'd update everyone, so I did have a warrant for an unpaid parking g ticket, that was paid. As far as my charge I received a case disposition letter from the city it occurred in stating: there is no record found with the Municipal Court Clerk of Courts office for the above charge by arrest date submitted. About a week ago I got the decision indicating that I am not prohibited from owning a firearm. Thanks everyone.
    Congrats!

I apologize for any trolling that you may have faced here.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Glad it worked out for you.
    Please get some training so you can use your firearm safely and effectively.
    The guys here can help you find what you need if you don't know where to start.
    Stay legal and stay safe.
    Best of luck to you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123