Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: PSP Firearms Unit learned something new...

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I wonder how many people they illegally denied?
    You know, it could have been a lot - UNLESS the FFL doing the transfer/sale knew the law. I have run into the law a lot because of where I have my shop (3 miles outside PSU University Park) and the large number of students that come through my shop. If the FFL didn't know the law about dual state residents and students they would have just told the buyer "Sorry, can't do it - get a PA DL and PA address and we can do it then." But many going to school here don't want to change their state of residency because after the graduate they are probably headed somewhere else. I am also them main shop that the firearm buying foreign nationals (those with certain US visas are allowed to get hunting licenses and can buy firearms) come to because other shops in the area don't want to deal with them. So - I had to get up to speed on those laws.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I've never had a problem getting along with the PICS folks.
    I really don't either unless they try to quote me a law that I know for a fact is not true. This was one of the times I knew I was right and they DID acknowledge I was correct and they weren't. It was a very cordial conversation with the supervisor.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Nice to hear about such a good interaction. I personally don't believe the PSP to be a nefarious anti-gun organization.
    Pretty much in 17 years in Pa and interacting with PSP quite a bit they are Pro 2A,Consider the Honesdale PSP barracks an Officer is dutied to cover over 420 sq miles on his tour and realizes they are 30-45 minutes away from crimminal activity.Thank GOD for local Volunteer ambulances that respond pretty much under 10 minutes.Living rural does have its drawbacks !

(Monroe County)

Thank you and We need an dealer subforum for this stuff.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Pretty much in 17 years in Pa and interacting with PSP quite a bit they are Pro 2A,Consider the Honesdale PSP barracks an Officer is dutied to cover over 420 sq miles on his tour and realizes they are 30-45 minutes away from crimminal activity.Thank GOD for local Volunteer ambulances that respond pretty much under 10 minutes.Living rural does have its drawbacks !
    I agree that they are Pro 2A. My brother was once broken down along the Schuylkill and a passing trooper stopped to offer assistance. My brother got in the back of the cruiser for a couple minutes and at one point said 'I guess I should have told you that I'm carrying.' (Right or wrong is irrelevant.) The trooper replied 'That's fine, just don't shoot me in the back of the head.' They conversed for a few minutes until the tow truck arrived and both went on their way.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    We had one trooper, who I think has since retired that used to have a hard on for screwing with Fire and EMS folks. Wrote up a department in the neighboring county for "impersonating" a police officer because their roto-ray had a red, green, and blue light on it.

Eventually one of the EMS Chiefs had a come to Jesus conversation observing that he had a dangerous job, was awfully far from a hospital, extremely far from a trauma center and that the hands that knew how to stop the bleeding might suffer an unfortunate loss of recollection.

After that he found some other innocent members of the public to harass.

But in generally I've only had positive interactions with PSP, even when I was in the wrong.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Awesome thanks for posting!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I've never had a problem getting along with the PICS folks.
    Well, of course, it helps to be PICy about your friends!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Tioga County)

I have never had a problem with and PSP in Tioga county. I have had a couple of young local LEO give me grief. One got fired. One moved on anyway. I don't know why. Maybe a a job with better pay.
    USNRET '61-'81

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12