Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Proposed: Must be 25 to own a semi-auto long gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    $%%^^&&&* !! Guy calls Rush, says he is a life member of the NRA, a veteran, and a hunter. Says he would like to see 25 years of age to own a semi-auto in trade for reciprocity.

I see.... at eighteen a person can sign a contract, be in a War zone making life and death decisions including shooting and kill others, go out on an Ambulance call to save someone's life, do one of the most dangerous things most of us do - drive a car - but they're not "mature enough" to buy a semi-automatic rifle?

As our friend Jennifer put so well, someone is tossing things against the wall to see what sticks. This is one of those items that smells like the stuff we pour on rose beds.

(Berks County)

They can make it 65 and I'm still good. The hell with you youngins...

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    $%%^^&&&* !! Guy calls Rush, says he is a life member of the NRA, a veteran, and a hunter. Says he would like to see 25 years of age to own a semi-auto in trade for reciprocity.
    So.....they are going to give Marines and Army infantry Springfield rifles until they are 25?

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    25 is a arbitrary number, how did they arrive at this magic number? What scientific evidence do they have that says once a person turns 25 they can handle a semi-auto "long gun".
    The same scientific logic that says you can still die for your country at 18. No logic at all!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This nothing more than throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks. What I would like to see is reform of the FBI, a reform of our education systems starting with stop recognizing the teachers union as a bargaining unit and an overhaul of the mental health laws that protect both the mental health patient and the public.
    Hey, stop making sense.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I'll give you a "trade" for raising the age to posses a semi-auto long gun. As more people are killed by automobiles than guns, raise the driving age to 25 too. lets see how that floats.
    Actually since most Regressives are centralized in urban environments, take "Uber"/ Lyft/ Taxi/ public transport, they'd probably be all over this.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    25 is a arbitrary number, how did they arrive at this magic number? What scientific evidence do they have that says once a person turns 25 they can handle a semi-auto "long gun".

Laws should not be made by emotion but by logic. I am so sick of some ignorant person saying "but we have to DO SOMETHING".
    Because it takes 18-24 year olds aka fighting age males out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I'll give you a "trade" for raising the age to posses a semi-auto long gun. As more people are killed by automobiles than guns, raise the driving age to 25 too. lets see how that floats.
    LOL... says the 73 year old who likely doesn't have kids at home that would need a ride everywhere.

(Berks County)

This one's tough...those kids are young enough to keep their parents' health insurance until they're 26, they live in their parent's basements into their thirties, how can you argue that they're old and responsible enough to own a gun? Maybe what they need to do it change that from age based to criteria based, and the same with voting. In the military? check, check. In the basement? no check.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

The frightening thing is I know people on our side of the argument that would jump on this for guns or cars or whatever because, "Well, I know what I was like when I was a teenager" or "Oh, yeah, I wouldn't trust my 17 year old with blah blah blah." And maybe those statements are true, but it's just further proof that we're infantilizing our youth to the point that today's 18 year old has the mentality of an 8 year old a century or two ago. It's not a good trend, but I do know a couple families who are raising their kids right, so maybe there's hope!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast