Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Proposed: Must be 25 to own a semi-auto long gun

I'm old enough to veto regardless of which age you pick there, carry on.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; February 22nd, 2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Fayette County)

Sorry, Marjorie Stoneman Douglas HS kiddies, you will have to shut up.

No free speech rights until age 25. The inherency of your First Amendment recognized free speech rights has been revoked by fiat order of the AG of the United States. Now, sit down and shut up until you reach the government-mandated age for free speech rights which has been raised to 25 years of age.

You have now entered a "stroke of the pen, law of the land" free speech-curtailment zone. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    25 is a arbitrary number, how did they arrive at this magic number? What scientific evidence do they have that says once a person turns 25 they can handle a semi-auto "long gun".

Laws should not be made by emotion but by logic. I am so sick of some ignorant person saying "but we have to DO SOMETHING".
    For those snowflakes who still live in their parents basement till 26 so they can stay on their insurance , probably.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    The frightening thing is I know people on our side of the argument that would jump on this for guns or cars or whatever because, "Well, I know what I was like when I was a teenager" or "Oh, yeah, I wouldn't trust my 17 year old with blah blah blah." And maybe those statements are true, but it's just further proof that we're infantilizing our youth to the point that today's 18 year old has the mentality of an 8 year old a century or two ago. It's not a good trend, but I do know a couple families who are raising their kids right, so maybe there's hope!
    Parents today don't want to be parents. They don't want to put any rules or restrictions on their kids because they still resent the restrictions their parents put on them growing up. They want to be their kids friends.

I hear people say, "Oh my kids don't listen to a thing I say or do a thing I tell them , ha-ha-ha-ha."
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Parents today don't want to be parents. They don't want to put any rules or restrictions on their kids because they still resent the restrictions their parents put on them growing up. They want to be their kids friends.

I hear people say, "Oh my kids don't listen to a thing I say or do a thing I tell them , ha-ha-ha-ha."
    So true! One of my wife's coworkers has this absolute brat of a son that she's coddled for the last fourteen years, and only now is she trying to get him to do chores and apply himself in school, so on so forth. And, surprise: he won't listen to a damn thing she says, and she can't figure out why. Had she not spent so much time trying to be his friend and laughing off his attitude whenever it reared its ugly head, maybe this wouldn't have happened! Drives me nuts.

I appreciate the restrictions my parents placed on me growing up. If anything, I wish they had gone further and shoved more responsibility onto me at an earlier age. I should've been doing more chores, and I should've had a part-time job. Or, if not the part time job, then I should've been getting pushed hard to pursue some sort of skillset, whether business or creative oriented. I did a little of those things, but not nearly enough in my opinion, and I've been scrambling ever since to catch up. I don't know how the current bunch of snowflakes will ever catch up.

(Luzerne County)

How old does someone need be to steal a gun?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I don't know but they need to raise that age too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Will it be sold to buy school supplies after the theft? 4th grade would be a good starting point.

(Delaware County)

How about mandatory enlistment into the military at 18 for 2 years? Then at 20 they can buy a beer and a gun if they want. As an 18 yr old the military taught me a lot. And I think it would help set young people on a more direct path In life. Give them honor and pride and an appreciation for our country and what it was founded on.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    How about mandatory enlistment into the military at 18 for 2 years? Then at 20 they can buy a beer and a gun if they want. As an 18 yr old the military taught me a lot. And I think it would help set young people on a more direct path In life. Give them honor and pride and an appreciation for our country and what it was founded on.
    Forced service? Sounds like communism.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast