Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: Proposed: Must be 25 to own a semi-auto long gun

Can't we just make shooting children with guns illegal? Seems like that would work the best.

(Allegheny County)

We'll isn't 18 an arbitrary age? Why not 8? The 2nd amendment doesn't stipulate an age. If kids are too immature to vote at 18 are they responsible enough for a gun? I think it's an issue worth exploring via science rather than emotions.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    We'll isn't 18 an arbitrary age? Why not 8? The 2nd amendment doesn't stipulate an age. If kids are too immature to vote at 18 are they responsible enough for a gun? I think it's an issue worth exploring via science rather than emotions.
    Eighteen may be arbitrary but in the U.S. it is also what we recognize as the age of majority. You're a child until you hit 18, then you're an adult. Everything should be the same when someone crosses the threshold from child to adult. No tiered system.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Will the new law prevent someone under 25 from illegally obtaining a semi-auto long gun?
    Toujours prêt

(Lebanon County)

So can die for our country at 18 though? Wait should say die for another country.Stupid Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I'll give you a "trade" for raising the age to posses a semi-auto long gun. As more people are killed by automobiles than guns, raise the driving age to 25 too. lets see how that floats.

A local to me woman was killed last night by a 17 year old who drove her car into the oncoming lane. The sotry does not say but my wife was close to the scene last night and asked a Trooper who said it was a teenager who was texting or using their god damn phone while driving in the rain and fog. Yeah and 1`6 years old's should be allowed to vote.

http://www.poconorecord.com/news/201...tim-identified

I know people 50yrs old who can 't responsibly handle a firearm , or a motor vehicle , or alcohol.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Wow. Sucks to be them.
    I can do all three at the same time.
    And yeah, I know- it's a gift.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Chester County)

Mass murderers don't obey gun laws! So any attempt to "pick a mandated age" for the purchase of one of those EBRs is guaranteed to fail, especially where mass murderers are concerned. (Reminder: most were or are on a healthy dose of mind-bending pharma just before or during these incidents)

Why is it so difficult for some to see this???? (Hint: there must be an agenda or two behind these recurring events!)

It's clear to me that a lot of somebodies are confusing motion with progress... (Hint: gun control advocates will readily trade-off two steps forward for one step back ALL DAY LONG. Their bills have been pre-written just waiting for another upcoming mass shooting. Those with the proposed legislation know exactly what they're doing - and over a decade or two of this incremental posturizing is sure to achieve their long-term goals).

If there are no objections RIGHT NOW to losing unalienable rights (for the good of the children), the Constitution is toast...
    - bamboomaster

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This nothing more than throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks.
    Here's one - repeal the Gun Free Schools Act. This law is causing more shootings.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast