Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Another §912 M1 Possess Weapon On School Property - 2/14/2018

I really doubt that he was "hunting".

But unless he was found to be doing something horrific with that high powered weapon of mass murder, he should get a stern talking to and that's it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

But unless he was found to be doing something horrific with that high powered weapon of mass murder, he should get a stern talking to and that's it.
    That about sums it up.

I did stuff like this as a kid. There were patches of woods next to our elementary, Jr. high, and high schools, where we rode dirt bikes and shot BB guns.

I realize that we live in a "different (bizzarro) world" today, but firearms charges for BB guns is just stupid.

If he was found to be shooting at the school, kids, or destroying property, then the appropriate charges should apply.

(York County)

Post Re: Another §912 M1 Possess Weapon On School Property - 2/14/2018

This is Jack's mother and I would like to thank you for your feedback and support. I would also like to share my side of the story and how horrific I feel that the PA system is.
    My son is diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, and an undefined mood disorder. He is in no way a threat to this community. Jack's passion is hunting and boxing. He loves small game. One day he refused to go to school and unknowingly, he went rabbit hunting on the property behind our house. Unfortunately, he did not realize what he was doing behind the chain link fence of the public school. When we was apprehended by the police, he indicated that he was "hunting for lunch" which does not sound like an odd response considering my child.

I called the police department and the officer that held him that day spoke to me and understood the circumstances. He refrained from sending him to Central Booking and I picked him up explaining the errors and the repercussions of his actions. The officer informed me he would receive paperwork in the mail explaining what needs to be done for fingerprinting, etc. Jack came home humbled and understood what he had done. The rest is history...

The following week (7 days later) the Shrewsbury Regional Police showed up at the door to arrest him. He spent 1 wk in PRISON before the judge requested a hearing on this case. It was decided he would remain with me on GPS monitoring and go to River Rock Academy until Graduation (18 yrs of age).

Wk 1 of Probation:
    The GPS monitor broke. After numerous attempts to fix it I was told that Jack broke it and I had to bring him in to replace it. Who is paying for this? Me.
    Wed, 2/28 was Jack's first day at River Rock. He gets up at 6:30 and ready when the van comes but is sick to his stomach about going to a Juvi facility and refuses (ODD).

Thu 3/1 - Jack finally goes back to school and I inform Vigelnet that I will be in Friday to replace Jack's ankle bracelet and he'll be signing his bond papers.

Fri 3/2 - I call Vigelnet to let them know Jack is coming in to replace his GPS bracelet. I call River Rock Academy to let them know I am picking Jack up from school to replace his bracelet, sign his bond papers and hopefully contact the lawyer to meet with him again.

45 mins before I am to pick him up from school, the school calls me to tell me that the police have picked him up for violating his parole.

- Jack's anxiety and sick to attend River Rock 2/28
    - Got over his anxiety because he wanted to follow the rules 3/1 and 3/2
    - 1 wk of a failed GPS system
    - Back in Prison 3/2. Might I add, when the police came to SCHOOL to obtain him, they said "Your Mother is here to get you"...that makes me sick.

I am going to fight for my child. He does not belong in this sick corrupt system. You will see me all over PA, Please Please support me because I plan on taking the region down.

I was on school property today with my handgun.
    Honestly, I cant believe how many children didn't die.
    Then again, school was closed, and I was just walking my dog.

Oh the humanity.

(Wayne County)

You go get them mama.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I was on school property today with my handgun.
    Honestly, I cant believe how many children didn't die.
    Then again, school was closed, and I was just walking my dog.

Oh the humanity.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    You go get them mama.
    Retain a lawyer that specializes in gun law.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This should be an ARD case at worst, but he apparently was hunting unlawfully, and prior courts have held that a paintball gun is a "weapon" (almost anything is a weapon, you can kill someone with a bag of marshmallows or a glass of water.)

It really hinges on whether the woods are school grounds, and whether he KNEW that he was on school grounds. That's his best argument in the hypothetical that's presented by the news story (I assume that all news stories are partially fiction); that he carefully stayed off what he knew were the school grounds and stayed in the adjacent woods. Mistakes in fact are defenses in cases where you have to intend to commit the elements of the crime.
    Good Lord I don't want to know how you kill someone with a marshmallow. Leave me some snippet of innocence.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrobenius View Post
    This is Jack's mother and I would like to thank you for your feedback and support. I would also like to share my side of the story and how horrific I feel that the PA system is.
    My son is diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, and an undefined mood disorder. He is in no way a threat to this community. Jack's passion is hunting and boxing. He loves small game. One day he refused to go to school and unknowingly, he went rabbit hunting on the property behind our house. Unfortunately, he did not realize what he was doing behind the chain link fence of the public school. When we was apprehended by the police, he indicated that he was "hunting for lunch" which does not sound like an odd response considering my child.

I called the police department and the officer that held him that day spoke to me and understood the circumstances. He refrained from sending him to Central Booking and I picked him up explaining the errors and the repercussions of his actions. The officer informed me he would receive paperwork in the mail explaining what needs to be done for fingerprinting, etc. Jack came home humbled and understood what he had done. The rest is history...

The following week (7 days later) the Shrewsbury Regional Police showed up at the door to arrest him. He spent 1 wk in PRISON before the judge requested a hearing on this case. It was decided he would remain with me on GPS monitoring and go to River Rock Academy until Graduation (18 yrs of age).

Wk 1 of Probation:
    The GPS monitor broke. After numerous attempts to fix it I was told that Jack broke it and I had to bring him in to replace it. Who is paying for this? Me.
    Wed, 2/28 was Jack's first day at River Rock. He gets up at 6:30 and ready when the van comes but is sick to his stomach about going to a Juvi facility and refuses (ODD).

Thu 3/1 - Jack finally goes back to school and I inform Vigelnet that I will be in Friday to replace Jack's ankle bracelet and he'll be signing his bond papers.

Fri 3/2 - I call Vigelnet to let them know Jack is coming in to replace his GPS bracelet. I call River Rock Academy to let them know I am picking Jack up from school to replace his bracelet, sign his bond papers and hopefully contact the lawyer to meet with him again.

45 mins before I am to pick him up from school, the school calls me to tell me that the police have picked him up for violating his parole.

- Jack's anxiety and sick to attend River Rock 2/28
    - Got over his anxiety because he wanted to follow the rules 3/1 and 3/2
    - 1 wk of a failed GPS system
    - Back in Prison 3/2. Might I add, when the police came to SCHOOL to obtain him, they said "Your Mother is here to get you"...that makes me sick.

I am going to fight for my child. He does not belong in this sick corrupt system. You will see me all over PA, Please Please support me because I plan on taking the region down.
    Why does the parent give unsupervised access to an emotionally challenged child , anything remotely resembling a gun? If he was walking empty handed he'd been ok. This fits the pattern of that kid who killed his mom before he went and shot up the school a few years back. Getting a record now might save a catastrophe in the future.

And before you say it, I know, not my child.

Knowing the background of the story changed how I felt about the whole thing.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Agree completely, I’m so confused about our law enforcement I got nothin. IM NOT dismissing any shootings. But come on. After they figure out what’s going on. The only comment that the kid should here from the officers is “ how fuckin stupid do you have....” geeez a B.B. gun

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    That about sums it up.

I did stuff like this as a kid. There were patches of woods next to our elementary, Jr. high, and high schools, where we rode dirt bikes and shot BB guns.

I realize that we live in a "different (bizzarro) world" today, but firearms charges for BB guns is just stupid.

If he was found to be shooting at the school, kids, or destroying property, then the appropriate charges should apply.
    Agree.... I’m just as confused. Being cautious absolutely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast