Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Redistricting by PA Supreme Court to give Democrats a better chance

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...gop/352364002/
    "If it stands, the revised map is almost certain to improve Democrats' chances in more seats this year."

Who would have guessed?? <sarcasm>

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Redistricting by PA Supreme Court to give Democrats a better chance

Democrats will take 4 more seats with this map by default. If there's a "wave", they'll take up to 6.

(Lackawanna County)

There is a serious constitutional issue with their map; the court does not have the authority to change the map, especially not on their own...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Juniata County)

I was unaware the courts had the legal authority to draw maps in PA. I'm pretty sure that is assigned to the Legislative bodies of the States.

The Legislature should call their bluff, and ignore it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

If we get rid of Gov. Wolf and keep the Republican majority, we can amend the PA Constitution to bar the PA Supreme Court from ever touching the map again without legislative consent.

New R. governor signs a bill to send the referendum to the people and the people vote on it. Democrats will of course flip their shit and freak out--which they should. But if a Democrat-owned court wants to draw another map in the future or an all-Republican court... it better do it with agreement from the legislature or it's not going to get a map no matter what it rules.

(Delaware County)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...-20180219.html

This is a big deal and shows how elections (of judges) have consequences. The dems using courts to advance their agenda? Shocking. We could lose our majority GOP delegation in Congress. Not good. Only hope is for feds to put a stop to it.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Holder Statement on New Map in Pennsylvania

February 19, 2018

Washington, D.C. — Today, Eric H. Holder, Jr., Chairman of NDRC and the 82nd Attorney General of the United States, released the following statement on the map issued by the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court:

“The fair map issued by the state Supreme Court is a major victory in the fight against gerrymandering in Pennsylvania and around the country. This new map will finally allow Pennsylvanians the opportunity to choose their elected officials and have a congressional delegation that more accurately reflects the political desires of the people.

“Governor Wolf’s rejection of a map last week that would have continued Republican gerrymandering highlights how important it is that we elect more Democrats who will fight for fairness. Republicans all over the country should be on notice – their days of partisan map-rigging are numbered.”

NDRC recently announced Pennsylvania is on its Electoral Target list for 2018. The targets include the states that were the most badly gerrymandered by Republicans in 2011 as well as states where Democrats have an opportunity to protect against Republican gerrymandering.

The NDRC is the first-ever strategic hub for a comprehensive redistricting strategy that includes winning targeted elections, reforming the system, advancing legal action and building the infrastructure needed to achieve a fairer redistricting process.

Our goal is to restore fairness to our democracy by undoing the Republican gerrymandering plaguing our country and creating fair congressional and legislative maps that reflect the will of the voters.

https://democraticredistricting.com/holder-statement-on-new-map-in-pennsylvania/

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I was unaware the courts had the legal authority to draw maps in PA. I'm pretty sure that is assigned to the Legislative bodies of the States.

The Legislature should call their bluff, and ignore it.
    That's what I would like to see happen. Make THEM go to court to try to enforce an illegal ruling.

I'm not a legal expert, but I wonder if instead of trying to get Federal courts to overturn the ruling, we might file a million individual civil rights or whatever is appropriate lawsuits against the court and individual judges in Federal court.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Montgomery County)

This is not good once again Democrats setting up elections and out right election fraud next will be NJ gun control wtf is wrong with people not seeing this is outright illegal. When do courts have the right to make election maps.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    If we get rid of Gov. Wolf and keep the Republican majority, we can amend the PA Constitution to bar the PA Supreme Court from ever touching the map again without legislative consent.

New R. governor signs a bill to send the referendum to the people and the people vote on it. Democrats will of course flip their shit and freak out--which they should. But if a Democrat-owned court wants to draw another map in the future or an all-Republican court... it better do it with agreement from the legislature or it's not going to get a map no matter what it rules.
    Democrats have a habit of ignoring laws they don't like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast