Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Redistricting by PA Supreme Court to give Democrats a better chance

I heard an interview with the PA Speaker of the House this morning.

This scenario is ridiculous.

Cliff notes:

*Redistricting is done after every Census. It was done in 2011. It was been used in 3 elections and Democrats and Republicans have both won elections.
    *The new map was APPROVED by both Republicans and many Democrats and signed by the Governor.
    *This is a FEDERAL elections map.
    *A 3-judge FEDERAL Court Panel upheld the map 2-1.
    *Eric Holder with direction of Obama formed a group to sue and try to redraw maps in states all over the country as payback for President Trump winning.
    *The Democrats took it to the PA Supreme Court that has no jurisdiction on a FEDERAL law, but they sided with the Dems anyway.
    *Going to the proper US Supreme Court now which better rule that the challenge and the PA Supreme Court's decision are BS and keep the map that was legally and properly approved.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    If we get rid of Gov. Wolf and keep the Republican majority, we can amend the PA Constitution to bar the PA Supreme Court from ever touching the map again without legislative consent.
    It's a Federal Congressional Map, it's already out of their jurisdiction. Wolf can't touch is now either...if the law is followed.

That's a problem for Dems though.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    That's what I would like to see happen. Make THEM go to court to try to enforce an illegal ruling.

I'm not a legal expert, but I wonder if instead of trying to get Federal courts to overturn the ruling, we might file a million individual civil rights or whatever is appropriate lawsuits against the court and individual judges in Federal court.
    Article II
    THE LEGISLATURE
    Legislative Power
    Section 1
    The legislative power of this Commonwealth shall be vested in a General Assembly, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

In PA, the judiciary has NO legislative power.

Article V
    THE JUDICIARY
    Unified Judicial System
    Section 1
    The judicial power of the Commonwealth shall be vested in a unified judicial system consisting of the Supreme Court, the Superior Court, the Commonwealth Court, courts of common pleas, community courts, municipal and traffic courts in the City of Philadelphia, such other courts as may be provided by law and justices of the peace. All courts and justices of the peace and their jurisdiction shall be in this unified judicial system.

Supreme Court
    Section 2
    The Supreme Court

(a) shall be the highest court of the Commonwealth and in this court shall be reposed the supreme judicial power of the Commonwealth;

(b) shall consist of seven justices, one of whom shall be the Chief Justice; and

(c) shall have such jurisdiction as shall be provided by law.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; February 23rd, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

(Fayette County)

Post Re: Redistricting by PA Supreme Court to give Democrats a better chance

The PA Republican Senate and House leaders' first mistake was to appeal to the SCOTUS, thus conferring legitmacy and power on the PA SC's order.

The Republican-led PA General Assembly should have IGNORED the Order as a blatant, UNconstitutional usurpation of its legislative power by the judicial branch.

In short, the PA General Assembly should have let the PA SC pound sand.

Even if the League of Women Voters who brought the suit sought to appeal to the SCOTUS, or if the PA SC called for review by the SCOTUS, the onus would have been on them, not the General Assembly.

The case would then have been argued over the legislative power usurpation by the PA SC, not the PA SC's UNconstitutional Order.

(York County)

In Federal Court - Lawsuit: 100,000 noncitizens registered to vote in Pennsylvania

I wonder if the PA SC took these voters into account??? I wonder how many vote Republican vs vote Democrat?

I wonder how many vote to protect our 2nd Amendment Rights?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tered-vote-pa/
    ================================================== ==========
    One man, Felipe Rojas-Orta, canceled his registration last year, filing a handwritten note saying he was not a citizen. He had, however, registered as a Democrat and voted in three separate elections, including most recently 2016, the year of the presidential race.

Another woman had her registration canceled in 2006 as a noncitizen, yet re-registered to vote twice — and cast ballots in some elections. That woman is still active in the system, the lawsuit says.
    ================================================== ==========

Last edited by ImminentDanger; February 26th, 2018 at 06:11 PM.

(Bucks County)

Republican voters always have to overcome the 20% fraudulent vote factor.

Oh wait, Pharaoh Obama said there was no voter fraud.

My mistake.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Republican voters always have to overcome the 20% fraudulent vote factor.

Oh wait, Pharaoh Obama said there was no voter fraud.

My mistake.
    I'm always curious about those districts where 106% of the registered voters voted (D).

It's like they counted wrong... or something...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12