Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Kasich turns back on 2a

https://articles.cleveland.com/open/...ubbed_from.amp
    COLUMBUS, Ohio - A pro-Second Amendment section of John Kasich's website was removed Sunday, after the Republican governor appeared on CNN and said reasonable gun control measures should be enacted following last week's deadly Florida school shooting.

JohnKasich.com, his political website that is separate from his governor's site, had previously contained text and photos illustrating how he opposed former President Barack Obama's gun control efforts and championing Ohio bills that he said removed burdensome restrictions for gun owners, according to screen shots captured by Ohio pubic radio journalist Karen Kasler.

That section had been scrubbed from the website by late Sunday afternoon.

Kasich adviser John Weaver said on Twitter that the former presidential candidate has new views.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Kasich appeared upset about the Parkland, Florida, school shooting in which 17 people were killed .

He said he talked to a friend who is a gun owner about semi-automatic weapons.

"What would you lose?" Kasich said on television. "Would you feel as though your Second Amendment rights would be eroded because you couldn't buy a God darn AR15? These are the things that have to be looked at, and action has to happen."

"If you're a strong Second Amendment person you need to slow down and take a look at reasonable things that can be done to answer these young people," he added.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students who survived the shooting have called for stricter gun laws.

Kasich also repeated a common theme about the dysfunction of Washington and said state and local governments could make background checks stricter and give increased attention to mental illness.

Kasich's new position is a departure from previous positions on guns.

Since becoming governor in 2011, he signed six pro-gun rights measures. Some of those bills were a combination of several measures that had been rolled into one during the legislative process. The laws he signed allowed guns in bars and restaurants, reduced the hours of training required for a concealed handgun license, enabled hunters to use noise suppressors and shielded from public and media access lists of concealed handgun licensees.

In November, he wrote an editorial for cleveland.com and appeared on national television about the need for all sides to come together and work on solutions.

John Kasich's call for common ground on gun issue is departure from his approach as Ohio governor

As a congressman, Kasich's gun control record was mixed. He supported the assault weapons ban in 1994. But he also voted against the Brady Bill that required federal background checks for gun owners.

The National Rifle Association didn't endorse him in his 2010 run for governor. The organization endorsed him in 2014, when he ran for reelection.

But on Sunday, Jon Keeling, a spokesman in the governor's office, said Kasich has aseembled a group of "interested parties on both sides" to come up with proposals for gun safety

Default Re: Kasich turns back on 2a

So shocked.

He voted for the AWB back in the day.

He found religion when he wanted to be governor, and then POTUS. Now that he's done he's back to being a gun grabber.

Even more shocking the NRA thinks he's pro 2A. Well not then, but now.....wait what
    2nd Amendment advocate: NRA rating changed from "F" to "A"
    Q: Let me pick up on another issue that some conservatives have with you. Back in 1994, you voted for the assault weapons ban that Bill Clinton was proposing, which earned you an "F" from NRA. Now, your NRA rating is a straight "A". What would you say to a gun rights advocate who is going to say I'm not sure I like the guy who at one time had an "F" from the NRA?
    KASICH: That was an assault weapon ban. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I don't believe the government should be taking guns from people. I think people have a right to be armed. It's about keeping the Second Amendment and it's allowing legitimate gun owners to be able to do what they want, which is exercise their constitutional right. So people don't need to worry about that.

Q: Do you regret your vote for the assault weapons ban in '94?

KASICH: No, when I look at it now, it was superfluous. We were adding a law that had no impact. And I don't think that's ever smart to do.

Source: Fox News Sunday 2015 coverage of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Aug 2, 2015

The next thing you are going to tell me is Romney supports an AWB.........oh oops
    Last edited by God's Country; February 19th, 2018 at 01:50 PM.

(York County)

Now in 2020 he can run against Bernie and Fauxcahontas in the primary! He'll fit right in and he can quit lying...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

He said, "God darn AR15"... that's pretty serious stuff.

Maybe I really shouldn't stand up for ALL of my rights?

(Blair County)

i guess he did not learn lesson from losing his seat after voting for awb .

(Tioga County)

Gee what a surprise. I think right now I'd be more worried about "republicans" than "democrats".

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Gee what a surprise. I think right now I'd be more worried about "republicans" than "democrats".
    I am.

I know what dems want to do.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I agree. And somehow the NRA has become the boogeyman in all of this. You are going to see Republicans dropping the NRA (even with their funding) like a hot patato.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I am.

I know what dems want to do.
    Exactly, we know what the dems want in the end, total complete confiscation.

(Columbia County)

I hope the Ohio gun owners could find a pro gun candidate to run against him during the next Governor's election.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast