Ok, 1911 gurus, here’s what’s happening:

Taurus PT1911 (no wisecracks, I’ve got 13,000 rounds thru it), internal extractor, Series 80.

Twice now, once in each of my last 2 matches, the last round out of my first magazine (same magazine, Chip McCormick knock-off) chambered in front of the extractor, not under the hook. Slide didn’t quite go into battery, hammer wouldn’t fall. Once I dropped the mag and locked the slide back the still-loaded round shook easily out of the chamber.

I stripped off the slide and checked the extractor tension: a loaded round held in place, rattled a bit when I shook the slide, but didn’t fall out until I tapped the slide firmly on my hand.

The extractor does not *seem* to be able to clock, the firing pin retainer is fairly tight.

The nose of the extractor looks good.

I haven’t taken a caliper to the mags yet, but my Eyeball, Calibrated, Army Issue, 1 Each can’t detect any noticeable difference in the feed lips.

The mag in question was used 3 times between the failures with no issue, and 4 times without issue after the second failure, so it doesn’t happen every time.

I’m shooting 230g poly-coated round nose over 4.7 of Titegroup, which has been my standard load for over 3 years.

The mag has had a LOT of use, and I’m not completely averse to taking it out of the rotation, but I’m a cheap bast frugal guy. If I pull it out and have the same failure, then it’s not the mag’s fault, but NOT failing doesn’t prove it *was* the mag.

Looking for ideas. Anyone else ever see this?