Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Please write your representatives today if you have not already done so.

Toomey's Allentown staffers rudely hung up once they found out I was pro gun. I will keep calling.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Please write your representatives today if you have not already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I called Smucker’s Lancaster office. Being polite goes a long way.
    I wrote and called.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Elk County)

answer to my letter to Mr. Casey. I am sure others received the same letter. Without being expert I feel this letter has information that is less than accurate on his views and filled with 'filler' to take up space.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about proposals related to state reciprocity with respect to the lawful carrying of concealed firearms. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

Currently, states have varying laws and processes to allow certain individuals to carry a concealed firearm. Many states also have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing a permit from one state to be recognized in another. In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. Pennsylvania currently has formal or informal reciprocity agreements with 27 states.

On April 17, 2013, Senator John Cornyn of Texas proposed Senate Amendment 719 to S. 649, the Safe Schools, Safe Communities Act of 2013. This amendment would allow individuals with a concealed carry permit lawfully issued by a state to carry a concealed handgun (other than a machine gun or destructive device) in any other state that permits the carrying of concealed firearms by its residents. It would not affect the ability of a state to regulate carrying of concealed weapons by its residents within the state. On April 17, 2013, I joined 42 of my colleagues in voting against adopting this amendment, which did not receive the 60 votes required for passage.

On February 27, 2017, Senator Cornyn introduced S. 446, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, which, like Senate Amendment 719, would allow individuals with lawful concealed carry permits to carry a handgun in other states that permit concealed carrying. This legislation has been referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member.

I am a strong defender of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting and I believe strongly that people should be able have guns for protection, sporting and collection. But like many Americans, in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, I believe we need sensible gun legislation that will help to prevent such tragedies. We owe it to our children to redouble our efforts to do everything in our power to keep them safe. Please be assured that should this issue come before the full Senate for consideration, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

We've all done this before, but for some reason it feels different this time. Unless every gun owner, gun organization & sportsman club starts making their voices heard; I think even our staunchest pro gun allies in state & federal offices are going to cave in & pass a bunch of "do something, even if it's wrong" feel-good anti-gun bills to restrict the rights of lawful gun owners.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Chester County)

Bloomberg and Soros money has been working overtime to undermine support for the NRA. They are using every possible venue with their money. 5 million NRA members and over a hundred million gun owners. It's always up to a small group of dedicated individuals to carry the weight of the many. That's something that's never going to change.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Toomey's Allentown staffers rudely hung up once they found out I was pro gun. I will keep calling.
    He already got our vote, now he doesn’t need us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12