Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Oh, who says they haven't listened? What new gun controls have passed in the last, let's say 7 years? To my recollection none. There have been 2 major pro-gun acts though; Castle Doctrine, and Act 192 preemption which was later found unconstitutional based on the process it went through (single topic rule).

Those who hang outside contribute nothing and in fact, invite the press to photograph them and imply that "a dozen people showed up from across the entire state". But no, I'll do it my way because I know better than the people who have organized the rally, (Daryl Metcalfe, Kim Stolfer and others who have fought for 2A in PA for decades).
    I agree with you on both counts.
    But if a guy is only going to stand outside or not show up at all, I would rather he be there to add to the crowd numbers.
    If we get enough of a turnout we will have crowds both inside and outside the rally.
    I want anyone and everyone that cares about defending the 2A to be there on Monday.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Bob posted a good article with some quick facts for the politicians on Monday.

John Lott's Essay published on The Daily Caller in answer to Obama's lies in Time Magazine. These are all facts we can use in response to anti's, politicians, etc.

Thread link here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=334663

Link directly to the article here: http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/27/ob...inge-inducing/

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I agree with you on both counts.
    But if a guy is only going to stand outside or not show up at all, I would rather he be there to add to the crowd numbers.
    My view is the exact opposite. If a so called 2A supporter is not willing to come inside and join the rest of us in showing legislators unity, determination, and group size, then don't do me any freakin' favors. Stay home. Don't come and pretend you are helping because you are not.

Get with the freakin' program... go inside, rally, then go see your lawmakers, especially the weak Republicans and even the Democrats. Leave a note that you were there. Ask why they hide every time we show up. Go freakin' do something instead of walking around outside like you lost your freakin' platoon and don't know where the damn enemy got off to.

:-)
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Schuylkill County)

My view is the exact opposite. If a so called 2A supporter is not willing to come inside and join the rest of us in showing legislators unity, determination, and group size, then don't do me any freakin' favors. Stay home. Don't come and pretend you are helping because you are not.

Get with the freakin' program... go inside, rally, then go see your lawmakers, especially the weak Republicans and even the Democrats. Leave a note that you were there. Ask why they hide every time we show up. Go freakin' do something instead of walking around outside like you lost your freakin' platoon and don't know where the damn enemy got off to.

Wow!!!!!!
    I was planning to go but with that attitude I think I will just stay home. You negative nellies always ruin it for the rest.
    And to be clear, I was going inside. But if someone wants to stay out so be it.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTech View Post
    Wow!!!!!!
    I was planning to go but with that attitude I think I will just stay home. You negative nellies always ruin it for the rest.
    This is why we as gun owners will lose. Because we can't actually get together as a group, everyone gets butthurt and goes their own way. Meanwhile the liberals always stand behind their group, no matter what.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTech View Post
    Wow!!!!!!
    Let's not spiral off the map here.
    The rally on Monday is all about the 2A, it's not about our many members that clash from time to time, myself included.
    Let's stay focused on the primary task on Monday which is defending the Second Amendment.
    We can go back to trashing each other on Tuesday :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You open carry assholes are going to ruin it for everyone! Why can't you just cover up?

Dont you have deal hunting to do?

Okay fellas and ladies I'm going to invite you into my mind and my thinking process to explain why I feel I need to bring a long gun. It is all about a media War and the image itself. Every time you see bodies all over the place in the news because of a mass shooting the first thing you see is that big black scary AR portrayed by the news FOR THE NEXT WEEK. However what happens when somebody takes a vehicle runs down a bunch of people and kills them? You barely see an image of the vehicle or even the name of the driver for that matter. However when a mass shooting happens because of somebody with an AR that gun and the killer's name and every bad, scary, evil thought about how guns are bad.

Ask yourself a question, how many of the psycho asshole killers names do you know offhand?

Cruz, Holmes, Lanza.....just to name a few. Now ask yourself,
    how many victims names do I know?

How many Heroes that stopped mass shootings names do I know?

Well we all know the poor victim David Hogg, so that's one victim's name we know. But we know it for all the wrong reasons. I am sick and tired of gun owners saying that we can't scare the Straits. To quote one of my favorite lines in a music song...

"Well there's nothing you can say to me now. And there's nothing you can do to stop me. It's hard not to be a menace to society. When half the population is happy on their knees."

I'M A MENACE TO SOCIETY AND PROUD OF IT!

I will be very well-dressed and neatly groomed for the occasion and all the pictures that will be taken. My beliefs will be demonstrated not only in the clothing I wear but also the gun I choose to carry. Because people need to see that there can be firearms on the news and in public without a boatload of bodies next to them.

That is all.

(Bucks County)

I hope you're being sarcastic, because it's a gun rally, we own guns and I'm sick and tired of bowing to the whims of what the media thinks. They make us out as crazies regardless. Now if we went into Wendy's with our AR 15 rifles to make a point then I'm with you because that's just pointless. But this is a gun rally and... Gulp.... There's going to be guns and no one will get hurt, again.

Man, we really need to simply hang together and stop being so freaking fickle. Remember... We're all on the same side and there is a real threat against us all.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This is why we as gun owners will lose. Because we can't actually get together as a group, everyone gets butthurt and goes their own way. Meanwhile the liberals always stand behind their group, no matter what.
    sheep tend to herd. and we tend to keep that mentality that obedience is for sheep.
    this is why the colonies fought, it's why the militia wasn't dispatched (thus forming the national guard) and it's why we are what we are.

repo explained his mentality. i'll explain mine.
    i Fcking hate crowds, i avoid all company events even having to fight over "mandatory" ones. i avoid parties, weddings, sports, movies and avoid shopping as much as possible.
    i can't stand being herded together in large groups, i get anxious and frustrated. i used to be worse and have even had to leave small family gatherings or quit grocery shopping and leave with what i already had.
    i've got most of a three hour drive and was going to even try to show up to meet the group at the restaurant to say "hi" but even that stresses me out.

F- the news, everyone who cant see out their windows, the counter protesters and anyone who is "scurred" of us.
    i planned on carrying my ar pistol, my normal sidearm, my kangaroo mag pack (too hot for my conceal jacket) and my gay little backpack in a nice tucked button down shirt and thought i might even make a small sign "I demand only Liberty" "the rest of us are inside" or similar so i'm less likely to attract MWAG calls. hang out for two or so hours and go back on my way.

i'm taking time off and leaving a crew here working because on my days off, there is only more work.

also, the main way of conditioning society is to expose them. the media does it, the government does it. hell they're currently doing it.
    expose and expose, the more people see "war is coming" "we're going to be in war" the less of a shit they'll make when it really happens.
    "impeach, impeach, impeach" you get used to it and you're less likely to start firebombing shit when it happens.
    there are terms for this, but it's no different with guns. the more people see them NOT going off, the more comfortable they become.
    the more you feed a deer, the closer you can get until they're eating out of your palm.

hell, now, i'll show up unarmed in only my boxers, covered in honey and run around the capitol grounds with my gadsden flag as a cape. just because.... i can.

Edit: i quoted streaker but this isn't directed at him.
    also, i said "standstill" i've seen little action on pro or anti gun bills in pa congress during this session. there was the recent hearing but i get daily updates and search them, nothing but introductions of new bills, i could be wrong but i do search each letter.
    Last edited by fallenleader; April 28th, 2018 at 06:02 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast