Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Hahaha

I just noticed, you can see me filming my live stream in the bottom corner.
    I'm kind of hanging off the lamp post so I can get a better view
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

I was with a group that was told it's too crowded and you're not getting in.... Next thing I know we walk around back, through some hallways and we ended up in the rally. Great people, great time... Wish I could have made breakfast this year. Next year for sure.

I hope we get 10000 people next year... Let that be our goal. Shut the city down and make a statement.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yes !
    Take a look at some other threads. Such as these:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=340850
    post #5 of this: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=341466
    Yes, I was following the first one, thanks for the link to the second. What I meant, though, was another one (or more) like the one FOAC/BCSCL/Metcalfe organizes in May every year. Pick another time when we know they will be in session and hit them every year.

This would be in addition to the QRF idea (which FOAC is already doing, but no reason why PAFOA shouldn't also), not instead of. Get a rep or senator who is willing to organize in the Capitol, a cadre to organize the event, local cadres to put the word out at gun clubs, vets organizations, etc and maybe organize buses for big groups.

I know we can't always be in their face in H'burg like Ceasefire, MDA, etc, because I'm thinking most of us still work for a living. But when we do show up we have to make an impact (in a good way).
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Considering the liberal majority state Supreme Court, Governor Wolf, US Senators Casey and Toomey, and Bloomberg & etc pouring millions of anti-gun dollars into the state...maybe we should do more than one trip to H'burg per year? And pack the house every time!
    What really needs to be done is promoting a pro gun culture in all of the businesses, educational institutions, and professional organizations in the state. Rallying at the capital does little compared to exerting real influence. Ceasefire and MDA need to be driven out from society or they will continue doing as they do.

Or do we want to win? Or is it our goal to keep acting like NY's gun owners? Do as they do and you get the results they get.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; November 22nd, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    What really needs to be done is promoting a pro gun culture in all of the businesses, educational institutions, and professional organizations in the state. Rallying at the capital does little compared to exerting real influence. Ceasefire and MDA need to be driven out from society or they will continue soing as they do.

Or do we want to win? Or is it our goal to keep acting like NY's gun owners? Do as they do and you get the results they get.
    You make some good points.
    If I remember right you posted about this in one of the other threads.
    I started writing a detailed post about it but was unable to finish it.
    I will try to get it posted by this weekend.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    What really needs to be done is promoting a pro gun culture in all of the businesses, educational institutions, and professional organizations in the state. Rallying at the capital does little compared to exerting real influence. Ceasefire and MDA need to be driven out from society or they will continue doing as they do.

IMO this is (at least) a two-front war. 2A activists must 1) educate the public and provide training for gun-owners and prospective gun-owners; and 2) be politically active to defeat anti-gun candidates and legislation and promote pro-gun legislation.

If we don't continue to educate and train, eventually ignorant non-gun-owners (not necessarily anti-gunners) will vote away our rights in reaction to the latest media anti-gun blitz. If we don't stay in the face of our legislators and stay politically active, we will lose our rights much faster, as we saw with HB2060 (due process, what's that?).

Unfortunately, there is MORE than enough work to go around. Nobody who believes in our 2A rights, and ultimately our constitutionally-guaranteed rights in general, should be doing nothing. Still, there are some things that are more effective than others. A call to a legislator's office is more effective than an email. A hand-written letter is also better than an email. But FTF with your own rep is by far the most effective means of getting our point across.

Training the ignorant to use guns safely and effectively, then hopefully getting them involved in a shooting activity of some type, changes them from an observer of the anti-gun debate into a stake-holder. New gun owners also tend to get their non-gun friends involved, so training is also a force multiplier. But we still need to keep our finger in the dike in Harrisburg and DC while we bring more trained gun owners online.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869