Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by mpett1 View Post
    Ok so this is a non armed march? Correct
    Well, I'm not chopping off any appendages to attend. As for firearms, I'll check mine in like other years.

I'm IN for the show-up. What's the check-in drill for loaded firearms, especially as to unloading ammo? Standing in line? Showing permit?

Take care,

TB605

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    I'm IN for the show-up. What's the check-in drill for loaded firearms, especially as to unloading ammo? Standing in line? Showing permit?

Take care,

TB605
    You go to the security office, fill out paperwork, remove holster and firearm together. DO NOT TRY UNLOADING A FIREARM IN SECURITY. You hand them the Firearm in the holster and any extra mags/reloads you have.

It goes quicker if you fill out the check in form in advance. They will give you a ticket for you to give back.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You go to the security office, fill out paperwork, remove holster and firearm together. DO NOT TRY UNLOADING A FIREARM IN SECURITY. You hand them the Firearm in the holster and any extra mags/reloads you have.

It goes quicker if you fill out the check in form in advance. They will give you a ticket for you to give back.
    What he said.
    And please don't reach for your firearm without first asking the officer if it's ok to reach for your firearm.
    When you pull your firearm and holster please do it slowly and safely.
    Not just for your own safety, but also to show whomever is watching that the 2A community is a safe and responsible community.
    Just my $0.02
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

So you gotta unbuckle and fish your belt off to remove the holster while the handgun is in it, flopping around, the weight of the gun fighting gravity?

Seems a bit clusterfuckish and prone to having guns falling out of holsters. Not having been there, I just assumed you'd be walked to a locker and remove your sidearm from your holster, placing it inside.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    So you gotta unbuckle and fish your belt off to remove the holster while the handgun is in it, flopping around, the weight of the gun fighting gravity?

Seems a bit clusterfuckish and prone to having guns falling out of holsters. Not having been there, I just assumed you'd be walked to a locker and remove your sidearm from your holster, placing it inside.
    No, your at a desk. You remove the holster and gun and place it on the desk. They give you a ticket and take it. There's not really lockers, kinda more like mail slots.

I generally wear a paddle holster with with some kind of retention to avoid having to unsnake my belt from the holster. I know not everyone has that option. Just be mindful of what holster you use and the difficulty of removing it.

EM, I don't know what you're planning on carrying. I might have a spare paddle style holster you can use for the day depending.

(Montgomery County)

The last time I went it was remove holster and firearm together if I remember correctly.
    A clip-on holster can simplify the process if you don't mind using one.

My problem is always that my extra mag pouch is not a clip-on and weak side carry, and I have to remove my entire belt to fish it off.
    I changed to a loop-only mag pouch many years ago when I found that the clip-on had a tendency to dislodge when seated in a car.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

I was thinking the same thing. Since I switched to an owb holster, taking it off isn't pretty. Maybe I'll take it off in my car and put it in my bag or jacket pocket.

So when I have to unbutton my jeans to get the holster back on...will that get me in trouble with the police? Hey, their rules...
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    What he said.
    And please don't reach for your firearm without first asking the officer if it's ok to reach for your firearm.
    When you pull your firearm and holster please do it slowly and safely.
    Not just for your own safety, but also to show whomever is watching that the 2A community is a safe and responsible community.
    Just my $0.02
    ...and it's tight in that room with multiple officers and 3-4 of us at a time. The vast majority of people have been very safe in the past. Just be aware which direction you point things!

I've removed the mag, left the carrier on my belt, and handed over a loose knife without issue too.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast