Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    it wasn't a "i'm not going to go"
    it was a "what should i prepare for" should i bring a folding chair, a pee bottle, food, poncho, etc. 3 hrs, 12hrs rain, snow. etc.
    i'll probably carry my B.O.B. but if the parking is close i might leave my backpack there. and if it's a handful of hours i might carry my mini B.O.B. instead.
    i'd prefer to stay outside but if i can check my ar pistol, gonna call them today, i'd be ok with going in for a while.
    It sounds like this is going to be inside again. I don't think there's going to be much going on outside on the steps, we're probably going to be in the rotunda.

capitol police are unsure of locker dimensions offhand, will be checking handguns. may not be able to check AR pistols or larger items.
    and i think it was prior posted, will not be checking long guns.
    someone did say they checked a 12" revolver.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

it wasn't a "i'm not going to go"
    it was a "what should i prepare for" should i bring a folding chair, a pee bottle, food, poncho, etc. 3 hrs, 12hrs rain, snow. etc.
    i'll probably carry my B.O.B. but if the parking is close i might leave my backpack there. and if it's a handful of hours i might carry my mini B.O.B. instead.
    i'd prefer to stay outside but if i can check my ar pistol, gonna call them today, i'd be ok with going in for a while.

Just busting yer chops.

When we arrived in Columbus. I saw people with folding chairs and kicked myself for not bringing one of those tiny "triangle" foldy seats for camping.
    Wouldn't have been able to see anything if seated though - some people "set up chairs" in the grass on the outskirts, but they were mainly people who truly needed to have a place to sit. Nothing wrong with that.

I wished I had stuck a Clif Bar in my pocket because half way through, I started getting REALLY hungry.

One thing I'm glad I took along was a portable charging device for my phone.
    My wife had picked up a three pack of portable device chargers so we could keep one in each vehicle and have a spare to carry.
    With all the photos, video, and checking the internet, my phone would not have made it to the end of the rally before dying.

Hey, it's on sale today! $20 for a 3-pack (only "black" shows as an option - ours came with one black, one blue, and one floral blue)

yeah I gotta remember my 10,000mah pack.
    but I was thinking of a little camp chair for breaks. I can stand for 8+hours, do it for a living but if I can sit... well I am an American.
    are there potties inside/outside? I like to pee, a lot.

if it's just gonna be 3 of us outside w/rifles, should we just scrap it and go inside ? always hate to follow the crowd.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

I thought someone had posted a link to the firearms acknowledgment receipt but now I don't see it in this thread.

If you print it and fill it out at home it saves time when checking your firearm.

http://www.dgs.pa.gov/State%20Govern...%20RECEIPT.pdf

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Can we have an alert banner put at the header?

We better get organized or it will be a shit show.

Pa patriots United or something
    Tomorrow:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=332709

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I thought someone had posted a link to the firearms acknowledgment receipt but now I don't see it in this thread.

If you print it and fill it out at home it saves time when checking your firearm.

http://www.dgs.pa.gov/State%20Govern...%20RECEIPT.pdf
    Or this one which you can fill in on your computer before printing: http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...2&d=1421968241
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lycoming County)

yeah I gotta remember my 10,000mah pack.
    but I was thinking of a little camp chair for breaks. I can stand for 8+hours, do it for a living but if I can sit... well I am an American.
    are there potties inside/outside? I like to pee, a lot.

if it's just gonna be 3 of us outside w/rifles, should we just scrap it and go inside ? always hate to follow the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Just busting yer chops.

When we arrived in Columbus. I saw people with folding chairs and kicked myself for not bringing one of those tiny "triangle" foldy seats for camping.
    Wouldn't have been able to see anything if seated though - some people "set up chairs" in the grass on the outskirts, but they were mainly people who truly needed to have a place to sit. Nothing wrong with that.

I wished I had stuck a Clif Bar in my pocket because half way through, I started getting REALLY hungry.

One thing I'm glad I took along was a portable charging device for my phone.
    My wife had picked up a three pack of portable device chargers so we could keep one in each vehicle and have a spare to carry.
    With all the photos, video, and checking the internet, my phone would not have made it to the end of the rally before dying.

Hey, it's on sale today! $20 for a 3-pack (only "black" shows as an option - ours came with one black, one blue, and one floral blue)
    There's a snack bar and plenty of bathrooms inside. Outside, not so much. The last rally that was outside, I had to hike it a couple blocks to a coffee shop before the start to get rid of some coffee.

If this is going to be like the last couple there will be speakers in the rotunda for an hour or two, then we break up into groups to go see the representatives. You can go on your own too, if you don't want to go with the groups. I usually do a little of both. I go with a group for a while, then go on my own to see my reps. I've also gone with just a group of PAFOA guys and we hit our various reps.

You can take breaks if you like and it's not a lot of standing. It is a lot of walking depending on how many people you go see.

The outside rallies had people carrying Rifles before, but as said you can't check them in and go inside. Since it's been held in the rotunda, I haven't seen very many rifles if any show up. Not much point if you can't take them inside.

Last year there was another protest and protecting and serving occurring.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast