Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    hell, now, i'll show up unarmed in only my boxers, covered in honey and run around the capitol grounds with my gadsden flag as a cape. just because.... i can.

Edit: i quoted streaker but this isn't directed at him.
    ^^^MURICA^^^

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic, because it's a gun rally, we own guns and I'm sick and tired of bowing to the whims of what the media thinks. They make us out as crazies regardless. Now if we went into Wendy's with our AR 15 rifles to make a point then I'm with you because that's just pointless. But this is a gun rally and... Gulp.... There's going to be guns and no one will get hurt, again.

Man, we really need to simply hang together and stop being so freaking fickle. Remember... We're all on the same side and there is a real threat against us all.
    I was was not being sarcastic. Re-read my post. It is not about the media. It is about doing what the rally organizers ask us to go there for. That is, to show size and unity by rallying *inside* together and to then go visit lawmakers.

I am very tired of people on our side saying "I'll go to your rally, but I'll do the day my way". If that's what a person wants, they should call their own damn rally and do it their way. This rally is not about roaming around outside like a bunch of lost damn fools. The media is a factor, but this is not about bowing to the media. It is about sticking with your brothers and sisters who are doing what the organizers (in particular Metcalfe) have asked us to come do.

Why can't people freakin' get that? We had two other rallies in the past 2 months that had little or no purpose/organization. IMO. they serve to diminish this one big annual rally that all should come to. Take a day off work. OK, it is not possible for some. I get it. But many can. Join us on this one day, the *12th* annual rally where we show lawmakers our strength and get face-to-face with them. That is what the day is about. It is not about roaming around outside to "do it your way".

Streaker is absolutely right. When the Left calls a rally, they all step in line. Our guys, "no. I march to a different drum". You can march to your own drum 364 days a year. This one day, will you please just join the rest of us and do what the organizers asked us to do? Is that so difficult? Why create a separate group outside that will be no more than a distraction and show that we are split instead of united. Maybe the guys outside will stand near the door and peek through the window. That's totally cool.... :-)
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

To quote a famous movie line: What we have here is a failure to communicate! I understand the need to show up in offices and do face time with both pro and anti representatives. That's why the rally is on Monday. BUT>>> If a guy is willing to commit to several hours of driving and the associated expenses to show his support for the cause, why do some folks insist that is not enough unless you do the inside thing?

My personal view is we should be getting enough folks out so that there is NOT ENOUGH ROOM inside and the overflow crowd can do their thing as they see fit. This infighting is not good for the cause, and IMO is borderline stupid! I am on the edge as of right now, and this recent discussion makes me go in the direction of saying it is not worth the hassle.

Maybe, just maybe, someone who has not made it yet, (me) will come and find out what it is all about and get into coming back, or someone who stays outside this year comes to realize they missed the chance to get face to face with their personal favorite representative (or at least leave a calling card) and will do so next time. BUT... if you tell us we are not welcome, you have sabotaged the effort from the start instead of planting a seed for the future.

A scorched earth approach only helps the other side! Just one man's opinion...
    Last edited by gghbi; April 28th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    To quote a famous movie line: What we have here is a failure to communicate! I understand the need to show up in offices and do face time with both pro and anti representatives. That's why the rally is on Monday. BUT>>> If a guy is willing to commit to several hours of driving and the associated expenses to show his support for the cause, why do some folks insist that is not enough unless you do the inside thing?

My personal view is we should be getting enough folks out so that there is NOT ENOUGH ROOM inside and the overflow crowd can do their thing as they see fit. This infighting is not good for the cause, and IMO is borderline stupid! I am on the edge as of right now, and this recent discussion makes me go in the direction of saying it is not worth the hassle.

Maybe, just maybe, someone who has not made it yet, (me) will come and find out what it is all about and get into coming back, or someone who stays outside this year comes to realize they missed the chance to get face to face with their personal favorite representative (or at least leave a calling card) and will do so next time. BUT... if you tell us we are not welcome, you have sabotaged the effort from the start instead of planting a seed for future.

It's not about "not enough"; it's about detracting from the purpose intended by the organizers.

When organizers of other rallies ask us to stand outside and show our weapons; then that's what we should at those events.

But this is a rally organized by an elected, very pro-2A, PA politician. Asking us to rally inside and then speak with our elected PA state politicians.
    So that is what we should do at this event.
    Last edited by ett; April 28th, 2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typos
    --ET

(Wayne County)

Stop the freakin arguing about inside outside. SHOW UP PERIOD! Every little bit helps.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post

Maybe, just maybe, someone who has not made it yet, (me) will come and find out what it is all about and get into coming back, or someone who stays outside this year comes to realize they missed the chance to get face to face with their personal favorite representative (or at least leave a calling card) and will do so next time. BUT... if you tell us we are not welcome, you have sabotaged the effort from the start instead of planting a seed for the future.

Careful you may get neg repped for that kind of rebel talk.
    I did for " weak excuse"
    I never said I would not attend, but think I should stay home with the attitude some have with rallying outside if people feel that is what they want to do.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

(Washington County)

I'm biting my tongue pretty hard right now, so without getting too personal, I would just like to remind some people that we live in a country founded on the importance of personal liberty, not towing the line for the collective good.

(Allegheny County)

You fuckers should have started bickering a month ago.
    This last minute crap doesn't leave enough time for really good infighting and ten pages of poofa drama.

On a serious note, this is the least amount of arguing I think I've seen yet in the rally threads.

As my mother used to say, "Fight nice, children."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

I am personally asking everyone to please calm down and stay focused on defending the Second Amendment.
    Many people have put a lot of their own time and money into this thing for the benefit of everyone that believes in protecting the Second Amendment.
    Fighting in this thread is extremely counterproductive, and it only serves to discourage people from wanting to join in.

I am personally asking everyone to please attend this rally on Monday, April 30, 2018 at 10:00AM at the Harrisburg PA Capital Building.
    We are all under attack by an organized, well funded, and fanatical conglomerate that wants to literally abolish the Second Amendment.

There is nothing going on between us that is more important than supporting and defending our Constitutional Civil Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    This fight is bigger than all of us as individuals or as a group.
    We need to put aside our comparatively insignificant differences and join this fight willingly and cooperatively.

I personally and unreservedly apologize to anyone and everyone that I may have offended or argued with in the past.
    I am happy to acknowledge and put to rest any personal insult I have given or received so that we can come together and defend our rights.
    I am personally requesting that we all do the same so that we can effectively fight and overcome the very real and ongoing attack against us all.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I don't see anyone here fighting. I see passionate disagreement and there is nothing wrong with that.

For those who still don't get it, please tell me what the problem is with going inside with the rest of us to accomplish what we are there for?

To me, I don't care how far someone has driven. I work 40-50 hours a week on Constitutional causes. So, 7 hours doesn't impress me. How is it so important to show up and stand outside, but not important enough to walk inside?

My guess is "I don't know what to do inside" is the big one. If that's you, then find an FOAC leader and team with them. For some people, I suspect it is less about not knowing what to do inside and more about "me doing my thing". No we are not a Leftist collective. That is total BS. You want to be a loner. Fine. But don't come to a group event to be a loner and then say you are there to contribute. The fact is people outside are not contributing.

If we filled the building and the crowd had no where else to go but outside, that would be fantastic. But to have one large group insider and a small group of individuals roaming around outside shows disunity and frankly looks freakin' stupid.

No, I am not forcing anyone to go in. I am only trying to make it clear that if you choose to remain outdoors, so be it. Just don't then pretend you are contributing to the cause because you are not. Don't tell yourself "I'm a wonderful patriot because I drove 7 hours". You may or may not be a wonderful patriot but if you are not inside with the rest of us, you are not supporting this event and in fact by showing disunity, you hurt it. . . plain and simple.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast