Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    All I'm saying is I don't believe politicians care about mass NRA mailings. Nobody reads them. I'll bet as soon as they pop up they are deleted and disregarded. I use the mass mailing lists the NRA provides and then send my own message.
    I have gotten many written replies from elected reps after sending them prewritten emails through the GOA portal.
    The responses, while canned, are specific to whatever my email was about.
    I would not be getting these responses if the GOA mass emails were being immediately discarded and/or filtered to trash and never counted.
    Calling or sending a personal letter or email is best, but the mass emailing through the GOA (NRA) does get through, and it is always good to send the emails when requested.
    At minimum they are counted as pro or con for the issue involved, and for that reason alone they are worth the 2 minutes it takes to send them.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    All I'm saying is I don't believe politicians care about mass NRA mailings. Nobody reads them. I'll bet as soon as they pop up they are deleted and disregarded. I use the mass mailing lists the NRA provides and then send my own message.
    OK, so I take the time to explain the system that took me years to uncover and confirm, and you, with no evidence at all and based on only a "belief" say that 'no one reads them'. LOL.... Maybe you should write the NRA and tell them that their email campaigns don't work. You could save them millions!
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Yes. It is the general assembly's constituent data system. It doesn't have to handle spam. Every email, letter, postcard, fax or phone call is handled by a staffer. That is the majority of the job, for some. They check the address of the sender to be sure the person is in their district. If not, it gets discarded. Then they check the issue or bill number. If none, discarded. Then they determine your position pro / con. Then they enter in the data system for bill #123, "Tom Robinson, constituent at address xyz - pro". When the bill comes to the floor the lawmaker asks his staff, "what do have on bill 123?" They print him a pie chart, 57% pro, 43% con. Theoretically, that's how he votes. That is unless leadership demands otherwise.

It is important to know if the petition circulator is truly getting the data to the lawmaker (NRA, GOA, LV Tea Party all do) or are they collecting your email address to spam you later. A reputable organization will then also visit the lawmakers when possible and show them the list of their constituents who signed because otherwise they never actually see the data unless they ask their staff for it.
    Back on topic.

Thank you for the insider info. This is very important to know.

Sad to see the thread taken off the rails by people who don't bother showing up at the rally.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Back on topic.

Thank you for the insider info. This is very important to know.

Sad to see the thread taken off the rails by people who don't bother showing up at the rally.
    Like Stainless said, thanks very much Longcall for the very detailed information about how the emails are processed.
    Now that you mention it, I think that is the most in depth explanation of the government email system that I have ever heard.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Dyslexia is real.
    Dyslexics have more fnu...

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Like Stainless said, thanks very much Longcall for the very detailed information about how the emails are processed.
    Now that you mention it, I think that is the most in depth explanation of the government email system that I have ever heard.
    Thanks. So the moral of the story is that we need to 'fill their data system' for specific bills. There are some 70-80 firearms bills in committee every session. We can't email about every one. But if it looks like one is getting ready to run, get a bill number. Then make sure you are contacting to the correct lawmaker. Then send, phone, or fax stating clearly the bill number, your position (pro/con) and of course your address. If you can't provide clear information, they can't enter your position in the system. If you are not a registered voter, you will likely not be a verified resident and your request is likely discarded.

We want to 'fill the system' well before a bill comes for a vote, when everyone else piles in. The staff can handle data entry of just so many calls, emails, etc. each day. So, if you wait until the last day before a vote your view may not get input in time.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Pike County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally***

The event turned out great. I got to meet Streaker, RL, Repo and a bunch of others who I didn't get their screen name. We also grouped up and talked to our reps afterwards. It was a very productive day and I wanted to share the photos I took, I Iook forward to these events in the future.

0430180929a.jpg
    0430181017.jpg
    0430181017a.jpg
    0430181018.jpg
    Last edited by LifeInPa; May 2nd, 2018 at 09:49 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Did anybody catch a glimpse of the asshole standing right behind the little kids that were on a field trip while thier picture was being taken holding up a big NRA sign with an AR strapped to his chest?

I actually did not see any ARs. I was surprised.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Only a few of us will understand why I'm posting this.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast