Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    Thanks for the breakfast link.

I got the same nastygram from the 2A Rally site, let's hope it is because of MASSIVE interest.
    More likely a Denial of Service attack. Lefties do that sort of thing routinely.

(Fayette County)

A charter bus from Rep. Matthew Dowling's (R-51) Uniontown, PA, office will leave for the rally @ 5:30AM. Tickets are $35.00.

Date: April 9, 2018 at 5:54:25 PM EDT
    Subject: 2A Rally - April 30th

Dear Dave,

Starting in 2006, Pennsylvania gun owners began gathering every year in Harrisburg for the 2A Rally to send a simple message to state legislators: Unconstitutional and ineffective emotionally driven gun control legislation has no place in this Commonwealth. 2A Rally participants will not stand by idly and allow our Freedoms to be eroded or taken away by any means.

This year’s rally will take place on Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m. A charter bus will be boarding at my district office at 5 a.m. (coffee and light refreshments will be provided) and departing for Harrisburg promptly at 5:30 a.m. The bus will be returning to Uniontown at approximately 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the bus are $35.00 per person (this includes a tip for our driver) and must be reserved by calling my office at 724-438-6100. Those riding the bus will pay the bus line directly. (Cash is suggested, though checks may be made out to Budget Charters, Inc.). Please call and RSVP today! Seats are limited and on a first come, first serve basis.

Following the rally, lunch will be provided, and schedule permitting time will be made available to meet with me or other legislators regarding your concerns. After lunch, limited open seating will be available in the gallery for the 1 p.m. session of the House of Representatives. The bus will depart Harrisburg at 2:30 p.m., and a stop will be made on the turnpike to purchase a fast food dinner.

I am pleased to be one of the speakers at this year’s rally, and will be talking about Governor Wolf’s attack on your Right to Bear Arms. My legislation, HB2021, eliminates the unconstitutional gun ban in Title 18 §6107. Current law gives state “and” local executives the power to ban firearms, except for citizens with Licenses to Carry Firearms, on all “public property” just by declaring an Emergency. Circumventing the Constitution, especially during Emergencies, is not only “unconstitutional” but just wrongheaded.

My legislation completely removes this authority to strip citizens of their rights in these dire circumstances. I am proud to say that 52 of my house colleagues have signed on to co-sponsor this bill, including the Majority Leader and the Speaker of the House.

Please consider joining other concerned citizens, pro-Second Amendment lawmakers, and me for the 2018 2A Rally in Harrisburg on Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m. Should you have any additional questions, please contact my office at 724-438-6100.

Best Regards,
    Matthew

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone have a list of talking points/sources/stats to bring up when meeting with our reps/senators? I'd like to not sound like an idiot if I actually get face time with one of them.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of talking points/sources/stats to bring up when meeting with our reps/senators? I'd like to not sound like an idiot if I actually get face time with one of them.
    Ask them what they’ve done to protect our rights!

(Berks County)

All I can think of is..."Hi, I'm Mr. xxxx, I live around Douglassville, I value my second amendment rights and I vote. What are your thoughts on it and where do you stand?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Well you see, gun grabber Fontana is my senator. I already know he'd turn us into UK 2.0 and push for banning assault spoons if he got his way. If I actually get to speak with him I'd like to have some facts on my side for what little good it will do.

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally***

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I wonder if we should make our own name tags with our screen names? I know some of you from the last few gun rallies, but it would be nice to meet or know who's from PAFOA by wearing white stick on tags? Thoughts?
    I believe I'll get in trouble in the legislator's office if I wear a nametag that says HELLO - alpacaheat.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

A popular one around here is "Haven't you heard of the Constitution, Motherf@#&er?"

We won't see Casey or Toomey around but we need to put pressure on for the Senate to vote on SB446 for National Reciprocity. The House passed HR38 last year, the Senate won't vote on it.

On a State level, we need to pressure them to oppose any and every gun confiscation or gun control bill. Confiscation bills have been popular in other states recently. HB2216 is a current one for PA, there's a thread on it here.

And call this guy out of his office.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=334371

He''ll probably be "out of the office" that day.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; April 20th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally***

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I believe I'll get in trouble in the legislator's office if I wear a nametag that says HELLO - alpacaheat.
    I've worn my Inigo Montoyo shirt in their offices, only ever got chuckles.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9f70/
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

I will try to post some talking points this weekend.
    I hope others will do the same.

The FOAC should have talking points available, you can email them if you can't locate the talking points on their website.

It's good to have a paragraph or two typed out in a letter to hand the receptionist when your rep is "out to lunch".
    If you are able to talk to your rep face to face, you can just relay what is in your letter and then give it to them when you're finished talking.

Irrespective of your verbiage, the important thing to relay is that you are a registered voter, that you vote in every election, and that you and your family only vote for candidates that support and defend your national and state Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast