Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Hoping the rally went well and made a point to those thieves in Harrisburg

Sadly I missed it.. Returned back from Europe late Sunday.. Monday morning I found myself in the ER for the week with crazy high blood pressure and irregular heart beat.
    Friday on release the cardiologist says "I can tell you what is NOT wrong, but sometimes the ticker just acts up" Looks like blood pressure and beta blockers from now on :-(
    Sorry to hear it Parrisk.
    Thoughts and prayers for continued health and well being.
    Welcome home.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Hoping the rally went well and made a point to those thieves in Harrisburg

Sadly I missed it.. Returned back from Europe late Sunday.. Monday morning I found myself in the ER for the week with crazy high blood pressure and irregular heart beat.
    Friday on release the cardiologist says "I can tell you what is NOT wrong, but sometimes the ticker just acts up" Looks like blood pressure and beta blockers from now on :-(
    Docs get paid to sell pharma...didja know?

Many of these suggestions that worked for me may not apply to you, but just sharing a few things that worked for me which controlled "crazy high BP". And it'll probably work better before you get you hooked on meds (I'm not a doc, so if your doc says take these meds, I don't want my suggestions to get in the way of Big Pharma stock prices):

1. Lose weight. How much? If you don't like the way you looked in the mirror today compared to how you think you remember the way you looked at age 27, you may need to lose weight. If you do, embrace the challenge!

a. Stop drinking alcoholic beverages
    b. No add'l sugar/sweeteners
    c. No chips, fries, carbo-loaded sh!t, etc.
    d. Eat only 8 hours per day - if you start at 7:00 a.m., your last meal of the day is at 3:00 p.m.

2. Drink 8 oz. of Trader Joe's Tart Cherry Juice every morning. It's good for the heart - from what I've read. Here's what the bottle looks like:

Red Tart Cherry Juice.jpg

3. Start walking - 2-3 miles per day. It's easier to do this in the early morning under current weather conditions than at high noon. Work your way up to 20-25 miles per week and then keep going - sure beats taking meds...

4. If you need to snack, get used to eating lightly steamed broccoli (3-4 minutes, tops) or if you don't want to take the time to steam, just "snack" on raw broccoli.

5. You're gonna have to get used to this one, but garlic has cured a lot of maladies for a few thousand years. If you need to snack somewhere in the middle of your eight hour per day regimen, take a bite out of a raw garlic clove and then a bite of apple. Chew at the same time. Swallow. Repeat until garlic clove is gone. If you still have parts of an apple left, get another garlic clove. Depending on the size of the apple, you'll eventually settle on 5-8 garlic cloves per snack. If you're thinking people may not want to be around you after all that garlic - if you have any job stress from them, it'll almost certainly lower it!

Yes, I was there at the Harrisburg rally and long-ago visited the decision point of pharma vs. personal responsibility/homeopathic .... stuff.

What I did worked for me - hope your regimen works for you...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; May 10th, 2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: And "NO, I didn't get paid for my point of view regarding pharma and what worked for me....
    - bamboomaster

I'm looking at and probably will buy some of this concentrated...a spoonful in a glass of water a day.

Cherries have both heart and anti-inflammation benefits for your joints.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00796FJPE...v_ov_lig_dp_it

You could just do a shot of it, but it's thick and needs to be diluted.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Anyone have someone in Harrisburg that can tell us what is being said in the hallways after the Rally? If it’s business as usual, did we fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I've got a friend in the secretary pool in the Capitol. I'll ask the question and report back!

So I spoke with our friend who works in the Capitol. Although the rep she works for was out, many of the others did take note of the size of the crowd and the canvassing afterwards. Apparently they do see some demanding mommies once in a while, but not on the scale of the 2A rally the 30th! They also understand the single financial backer of the anti-rights group and the true grass roots 2A support.

Although we continue to hammer the bad guys and fence sitters, remember to call up the good guys in Harrisburg once in a while and thank them for doing a good job, they may not be hearing that enough in this political climate!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

So I spoke with our friend who works in the Capitol. Although the rep she works for was out, many of the others did take note of the size of the crowd and the canvassing afterwards. Apparently they do see some demanding mommies once in a while, but not on the scale of the 2A rally the 30th! They also understand the single financial backer of the anti-rights group and the true grass roots 2A support.

Although we continue to hammer the bad guys and fence sitters, remember to call up the good guys in Harrisburg once in a while and thank them for doing a good job, they may not be hearing that enough in this political climate!
    This made me smile today. Thank you for the update, it is good to hear that we are heard and even better to hear that they do see a bigger picture on who's funding what on this.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

... Although we continue to hammer the bad guys and fence sitters, remember to call up the good guys in Harrisburg once in a while and thank them for doing a good job, they may not be hearing that enough in this political climate!
    This is a great point.

I also wonder though, do we really hammer the BG's? What do we do? Make phone calls? Send emails? While lawmakers do consider those things, and while those things are important to do, they alone have limited effect because they do not put fear the hearts of the weak.

Want to put fear in them? (fear is a very effective motivator.) Imagine if even half the people that attended the rally turned out at Ron Marsico's district office? He is chairman of the Judiciary committee. All firearms law goes to his committee. He brings it up, or not. If he does, and it passes his committee, it goes to a floor vote. So, he is the 'gatekeeper' in the House.

Rally at his district office (outskirts of Harrisburg) on a day he will be there, with signs that say "no new firearms restrictions" and watch the media turn out. When they do tell them that if he brings new restrictions forward, the 2A community will make sure his political career is over.

That is the kind of pressure/coordination we need to really be effective. But it takes a huge effort to get that number of people out and frankly, I don't see enough of us volunteers who are willing to do that kind of heavy lifting.

I wonder if we could form a small group of activists from across the state who are willing to create and execute plans similar to the one above (team name 2A-Heavy) who would then be responsible for motivating their people locally.

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by longcall911; May 11th, 2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    This is a great point.

I also wonder though, do we really hammer the BG's? What do we do? Make phone calls? Send emails? While lawmakers do consider those things, and while those things are important to do, they alone have limited effect because they do not put fear the hearts of the weak.

Want to put fear in them? (fear is a very effective motivator.) Imagine if even half the people that attended the rally turned out at Ron Marsico's district office? He is chairman of the Judiciary committee. All firearms law goes to his committee. He brings it up, or not. If he does, and it passes his committee, it goes to a floor vote. So, he is the 'gatekeeper' in the House.

Rally at his district office (outskirts of Harrisburg) on a day he will be there, with signs that say "no new firearms restrictions" and watch the media turn out. When they do tell them that if he brings new restrictions forward, the 2A community will make sure his political career is over.

That is the kind of pressure/coordination we need to really be effective. But it takes a huge effort to get that number of people out and frankly, I don't see enough of us volunteers who are willing to do that kind of heavy lifting.

I wonder if we could form a small group of activists from across the state who are willing to create and execute plans similar to the one above (team name 2A-Heavy) who would then be responsible for motivating their people locally.

Anyone interested?
    YES; I'm interested.
    I don't think I have what it takes to be a leader; but I'd like to help anyway I can.
    --ET

This is a great point.

Anyone interested?
    I'd hope to be one of 500 others doing it.

How, how to get 500 people to show up?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

This is a great point.

Anyone interested?
    I'd hope to be one of 500 others doing it.

Now, how to get 500 people to show up?
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

How do you know when he's going to be there?

ETA there are a couple of Starbucks in the area too where we could hold our business meetings.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; May 11th, 2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast