Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by NEAHS View Post
    This will be my first rally, since I just moved to PA in September. Looking forward to putting some faces to screen names.
    Thank you for attending the rally.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    It may be useful for first timers if you post a few words about how to locate a Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) team leader at the rally.
    Some people will jump in last minute without registering ahead of time.
    The easiest way to spot the teams from Beaver county will be our red, white or blue barbecue bibs and red, white and blue NASCAR ballcaps. We will be visiting 10 - 12 legislators promoting six pro-gun rights bills currently being considered and arguing against eight anti-gun rights bills. Most of us will not have a chance to visit our own legislators. My team will be visiting a half-dozen anti-gunners, mostly from Philly, and four fence-sitters.

FOAC should have a table set up in the rotunda prior to the rally, you may be able to get additional help there.

Maybe a better plan for a lot of people who are not pre-organized is to familiarize yourself with some pro-gun talking points and go visit the offices of your own legislators. Many of the offices are too small to fit more than 10-12 visitors comfortably. So maybe gang up in groups and go around together. You can get the legislators room numbers from the information booths near the entrances, if you do not already have them. Maps of the Capitol are also available at the booths.

Here are the top two bills being recommended by FOAC:
    Item #1 Analysis Below:
    Declared Emergency Gun Ban Fix – HB2021
    HB2021 (Rep. Dowling) this legislation ‘eliminates’ the unconstitutional gun ban in
    Title 18 §6107. Current law gives State ‘and’ Local executives the power to ban firearms, except for citizens with Licenses to Carry Firearms, on all ‘public property’ just by declaring an Emergency. Circumventing the Constitution, especially during Emergencies, is not only ‘unconstitutional’ but just wrongheaded.
    This legislation completely removes this authority to strip citizens of their rights in these
    dire circumstances!

Item #2 Analysis Below:
    Instant Check Change – Eliminate PICS & Move to NICS
    SB 224 (Sen. Bartolotta) & HB763 (Rep. Ortitay)would replace the Pennsylvania Instant
    Check System (PICS) with the National Instant Check System (NICS) saving over $7 million annually (with tens of millions of more dollars saved by avoiding required additional computer upgrades that adds to the burden on taxpayers) for the Commonwealth and millions more in fees for citizens as well as unburdening the legitimate firearms retailers from unnecessary complications in the firearms purchase process.

and the top two anti-gun bills to oppose:

Item #1 Analysis Below:
    Assault Weapon & High Capacity Magazine Ban – HB194 / SB17
    HB194 (Rep. Cruz) SB17 (Sen. Fontana) This legislation bans a broad cross-section of gas operated firearms. This ban includes ALL legally owned and registered machine guns and a specific list of semiautomatic firearms along with a catch all category that only requires two different cosmetic features on a semi-auto. This legislation also bans ALL firearm magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

Item #2 Analysis Below:
    Ending Private Sales of Rifles & Shotguns HB1400 / SB209
    HB1400 (Rep. Santora) SB209 (Sen. Hughes) This bill requires a background check for ‘all’ firearms sales or transfers in Pennsylvania. This would end the private transfer of all rifles and shotguns. HB1400 is deceptive in providing a supposed benefit of allowing a second purchase of a firearm if previously approved within 72 hours.
    Pennsylvania law has mandated the completion of a Record of Sale for all handgun sales in PA since 1931. The vast majority of violent crime utilizing a firearm occurs with handguns despite this background check process. The number of homicides in PA in 2014 (FBI/UCR) were 22 with rifles and shotguns combined. In the same time period there were 63 homicides with knives or edged weapons.

Hope to see you all there, either inside or outside.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Thank you!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEAHS View Post
    This will be my first rally, since I just moved to PA in September. Looking forward to putting some faces to screen names.
    Stop by the breakfast before if you have time. It's way easier to meet people there. See you in the AM sir.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    The easiest way to spot the teams from Beaver county will be our red, white or blue barbecue bibs and red, white and blue NASCAR ballcaps. We will be visiting 10 - 12 legislators promoting six pro-gun rights bills currently being considered and arguing against eight anti-gun rights bills. Most of us will not have a chance to visit our own legislators. My team will be visiting a half-dozen anti-gunners, mostly from Philly, and four fence-sitters.

FOAC should have a table set up in the rotunda prior to the rally, you may be able to get additional help there.

Maybe a better plan for a lot of people who are not pre-organized is to familiarize yourself with some pro-gun talking points and go visit the offices of your own legislators. Many of the offices are too small to fit more than 10-12 visitors comfortably. So maybe gang up in groups and go around together. You can get the legislators room numbers from the information booths near the entrances, if you do not already have them. Maps of the Capitol are also available at the booths.

Here are the top two bills being recommended by FOAC:
    Item #1 Analysis Below:
    Declared Emergency Gun Ban Fix – HB2021
    HB2021 (Rep. Dowling) this legislation ‘eliminates’ the unconstitutional gun ban in
    Title 18 §6107. Current law gives State ‘and’ Local executives the power to ban firearms, except for citizens with Licenses to Carry Firearms, on all ‘public property’ just by declaring an Emergency. Circumventing the Constitution, especially during Emergencies, is not only ‘unconstitutional’ but just wrongheaded.
    This legislation completely removes this authority to strip citizens of their rights in these
    dire circumstances!

Item #2 Analysis Below:
    Instant Check Change – Eliminate PICS & Move to NICS
    SB 224 (Sen. Bartolotta) & HB763 (Rep. Ortitay)would replace the Pennsylvania Instant
    Check System (PICS) with the National Instant Check System (NICS) saving over $7 million annually (with tens of millions of more dollars saved by avoiding required additional computer upgrades that adds to the burden on taxpayers) for the Commonwealth and millions more in fees for citizens as well as unburdening the legitimate firearms retailers from unnecessary complications in the firearms purchase process.

and the top two anti-gun bills to oppose:

Item #1 Analysis Below:
    Assault Weapon & High Capacity Magazine Ban – HB194 / SB17
    HB194 (Rep. Cruz) SB17 (Sen. Fontana) This legislation bans a broad cross-section of gas operated firearms. This ban includes ALL legally owned and registered machine guns and a specific list of semiautomatic firearms along with a catch all category that only requires two different cosmetic features on a semi-auto. This legislation also bans ALL firearm magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

Item #2 Analysis Below:
    Ending Private Sales of Rifles & Shotguns HB1400 / SB209
    HB1400 (Rep. Santora) SB209 (Sen. Hughes) This bill requires a background check for ‘all’ firearms sales or transfers in Pennsylvania. This would end the private transfer of all rifles and shotguns. HB1400 is deceptive in providing a supposed benefit of allowing a second purchase of a firearm if previously approved within 72 hours.
    Pennsylvania law has mandated the completion of a Record of Sale for all handgun sales in PA since 1931. The vast majority of violent crime utilizing a firearm occurs with handguns despite this background check process. The number of homicides in PA in 2014 (FBI/UCR) were 22 with rifles and shotguns combined. In the same time period there were 63 homicides with knives or edged weapons.

A group of us did this last year. It can work out well if you're comfortable going and talking to them on your own. If you have reservations, going with the FOAC guys is great. They do know what they're doing.

(Delaware County)

I am sorry guys, but I have a family situation that will require me to head to Florida tomorrow. But I will be with you in spirit and keep me updated.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I am sorry guys, but I have a family situation that will require me to head to Florida tomorrow. But I will be with you in spirit and keep me updated.
    Sorry to hear it Agg.
    I hope all goes well for your family.

(Lancaster County)

Who's going to park the cars now, but at least our hubcaps will be safe.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

Are bags allowed inside the capital? Was considering bringing my Camelbak with a few accoutrements.

Also is open carry frowned upon? I generally don't do it but was considering for the Rally. I have a Safariland ALS holster, level 1 retention but not sure if thats adequate. I know we will be checking firearms inside.

(Luzerne County)

this will be my first rally, and i will be bringing my 9 year old son. what are the dos and donts, and where should i mwet up?

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast