Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: ***2018 Second Amendment Harrisburg Rally*** 4/30/18

Hey guys,

So far i have seen now a 3rd rally scheduled and posted on the facebook page .

Wtf is going on? Why so many disorganized rallys? Is this being done on purpose?

Never seen tbis before.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Hey guys,

So far i have seen now a 3rd rally scheduled and posted on the facebook page .

Wtf is going on? Why so many disorganized rallys? Is this being done on purpose?

Never seen tbis before.
    Well, that's the mo of our community unfortunately. We don't have a large organizational body like Mom's demand. We have tons of smaller groups that are disjointed and don't communicate with each other. We also have a ton of people who don't use social media at all. If something like the NRA would organize a national rally and spearhead communication, it would help. They don't seem to have any interest in actually doing anything though. I don't know what the answer is, but we better get our shit together here soon.

This rally will be a pathetic response to the hundreds of thousands that showed up in D.C. We'll be lucky to get 2k. It's embarrassing. I think that's why a lot of people don't bother to go. Also who is the fuck tard that decides to have a rally on a week day.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    This rally will be a pathetic response to the hundreds of thousands that showed up in D.C. We'll be lucky to get 2k. It's embarrassing. I think that's why a lot of people don't bother to go. Also who is the fuck tard that decides to have a rally on a week day.
    The annual rally in Harrisburg is incorporated with meeting the state representatives, so it needs to be done during business hours on a weekday.
    The face to face meetings have been as important or more important than the rally itself.
    Considering the circumstances this year, perhaps it would be better to have the rally on the weekend and the representative meetings on the usual weekday.
    If the focus is turnout then I agree the weekend would be better.

But remember that no matter how many people show up, the media will never cover the rally in a fair and honest manner.
    The media routinely ignores or minimizes pro-gun demonstrations.
    Our focus has always been at the nuts and bolts level of the process, the low profile but effective governmental interaction.
    The Liberal media being what it is, we will never get good coverage of any rally regardless of turnout.
    The Liberal media routinely minimizes and ignores the annual NRA convention where over 60,000 people show up every year.

But having said that, I agree that a weekend rally may be worth doing this year.
    (By the way, I am seeing news reports that individuals were paid hundreds of dollars to attend the anti-gun rally in DC.)
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

This rally is unbelievably important this year, well, it's actually important every year, but the minions have full support of the media, schools, Hollywood, Valerie Jarret, Bloomberg, etc and we need to show up. I know it's hard on a week day, but I urge we all somehow find a way to make it and bring some friends as well---heck, make it a family day and bring the wife and kids. Because if we lose this right, we lose it all---that's reason enough. Thank you all for organizing this event and I will see you there....BTW, if we have an excess amount of people show up, will they move it outdoors?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    The annual rally in Harrisburg is incorporated with meeting the state representatives, so it needs to be done during business hours on a weekday.
    The face to face meetings have been as important or more important than the rally itself.
    Considering the circumstances this year, perhaps it would be better to have the rally on the weekend and the representative meetings on the usual weekday.
    If the focus is turnout then I agree the weekend would be better.

But remember that no matter how many people show up, the media will never cover the rally in a fair and honest manner.
    The media routinely ignores or minimizes pro-gun demonstrations.
    Our focus has always been at the nuts and bolts level of the process, the low profile but effective governmental interaction.
    The Liberal media being what it is, we will never get good coverage of any rally regardless of turnout.
    The Liberal media routinely minimizes and ignores the annual NRA convention where over 60,000 people show up every year.

But having said that, I agree that a weekend rally may be worth doing this year.
    (By the way, I am seeing news reports that individuals were paid hundreds of dollars to attend the anti-gun rally in DC.)
    I understand. Also it doesn't matter who was behind the march, what they were paid, if they were idiot kids. They had a couple hundred thousand people. Holy shit. Rationalize all you want but that was amazing. It actually scared me. Hearing Hogg squealing about taking our guns and we all believe in murdering children. It was really like watching Hitler. We need to pressure the NRA to partner with all the other pro gun groups to get our message out there. We need concerts, comedians, clowns with balloon animals whatever it takes. Are there any pro gun billionaires to pay our protestors? We need to find one. I hate those bastards but they get shit done.

I'll be at the rally. Sorry. Not trying to talk shit. I know many people worked really hard on this and I have contributed nothing. It's just really frustrating knowing how many are on our side and how we are not represented.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Susquehanna County)

OK.. so I get back in country on the 29th.. have the 30th off.. I think with a proper supply of Monster drinks I can make this!!!
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Montgomery County)

I understand. Also it doesn't matter who was behind the march, what they were paid, if they were idiot kids. They had a couple hundred thousand people. Holy shit. Rationalize all you want but that was amazing. It actually scared me. Hearing Hogg squealing about taking our guns and we all believe in murdering children. It was really like watching Hitler. We need to pressure the NRA to partner with all the other pro gun groups to get our message out there. We need concerts, comedians, clowns with balloon animals whatever it takes. Are there any pro gun billionaires to pay our protestors? We need to find one. I hate those bastards but they get shit done.

I'll be at the rally. Sorry. Not trying to talk shit. I know many people worked really hard on this and I have contributed nothing. It's just really frustrating knowing how many are on our side and how we are not represented.
    1.5 million people showed up in Philadelphia to see the Pope speak and give mass.
    Not a few hundred thousand people, one and a half million people.
    The Liberal major media minimized the coverage, they deliberately showed camera angles that didn't show the crowd, and they talked about it as little as possible.

The Liberal establishment even went so far as to organize a free "global citizen" concert in NYC, and scheduled it for the exact same time the Pope was speaking in Philly.
    Then the Liberal major media conflated the coverage of the two events, to make it seem as though they were taking place together in the same venue.
    The Liberal major media did this so well, that my girlfriend visiting her mom in Hawaii called me to ask why Islamist speakers were on stage at the Pope's mass in Philly.

My point is that even if a million people show up in Harrisburg for the pro-gun rally, the Liberal major media will manipulate the coverage and minimize the event.
    Conservatives are losing this fight, not because we are outnumbered, but because we are being outmaneuvered.
    So for us, it is not about paying people $300 to attend a rally, since it will not change how we are misrepresented and minimized by the Liberal major media.

We need to do what Trump did and continues to do.
    When Trump realized that he could not get fair coverage by the Liberal major media, he found a new approach to go around them and talk directly to the people via Twitter.
    Trump didn't try to beat the Liberal major media in their own arena, since he understood that they had too much of an advantage and it was a losing battle.
    So instead of trying to beat the Liberals in their arena, he went ahead and made his own game, in his own arena, with his own rules, and he was successful in outflanking them.

We need to recognize the realities, take a lesson from Trump's success, and figure out a way to outmaneuver the Liberal major media.
    We need to think outside the box and figure this out now while we still have time.
    If we continue on as we are, we will lose this battle, and lose our rights for ourselves and for all of our future generations.

I will be at the rally in Harrisburg.
    But it is not enough.
    We need to figure out how to win, and we need to figure it out right now.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Whose side are you on? Seriously.

With cheerleaders like you... oh fuck it. Stay home then. I'm going whether you're working with us or against us.

EDIT: OK, I'll cut you some slack after reading your added post.
    Glad you are going. Just try to relax with the defeatist crap - it doesn't help from a morale standpoint.
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 26th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Well, it appears there's two other rallies on the weekend. Which one will you be attending? Or do you prefer to sit home and bitch through all three?

Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast