Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Experience with Heritage Guild in Easton

Anybody have much experience with the Heritage Guild in Easton? I've been there lots of times to use the range but I've never purchased a gun from them although Im thinking about it. Anybody ever buy guns there? Would you say they have good prices?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Experience with Heritage Guild in Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    Anybody have much experience with the Heritage Guild in Easton? I've been there lots of times to use the range but I've never purchased a gun from them although Im thinking about it. Anybody ever buy guns there? Would you say they have good prices?
    I was there once with a friend who had a gift card to use. I found most of the gun prices to be high compared to the shops in the Philly/ Lower Bucks area. My buddy ended up burning the gift card on some ammo, which was also a bit highly priced, but not absurd.

I think you'd be better purchasing from A.F. Boyer in Slatington or Roll Call in Scranton. Probably a shorter drive and you might save a few bucks.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I was there once with a friend who had a gift card to use. I found most of the gun prices to be high compared to the shops in the Philly/ Lower Bucks area. My buddy ended up burning the gift card on some ammo, which was also a bit highly priced, but not absurd.

I think you'd be better purchasing from A.F. Boyer in Slatington or Roll Call in Scranton. Probably a shorter drive and you might save a few bucks.
    Well they're certainly lower priced on the guns than Cabela's at least that's what I remember when comparing prices but if you say they're higher priced than some other gun shops such as the ones in Slatington or Scranton maybe I will pass on buying guns from them. As it is though, I usually don't buy guns from gun shops I usually buy them from various websites such as GunAuction and GrabaGun where you can get a far better price than most gun shops even when you factor in the transfer fee. The Heritage Guild does charge a relatively high transfer fee so I probably won't be buying or picking up any guns from them but I will go back to use their facilities, they've got some nice ranges and they've got an archery range too, and while you can certainly shoot your own guns in their ranges they've also got some nice guns to rent for range use including I believe a machine-gun.

(Northampton County)

It has been a few years since I bought a handgun there and the price was a little higher at the time. One thing that they have going for them is selection of new handguns also a great selection of handguns to rent to see if you like it or not. You also have to figure your time looking around for the handgun you want and they give you an hour range time. How much do you need to save to just get it over with and start enjoying your new handgun?
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Northampton County)

In my experience, they are priced pretty high. They get a lot of NJ customers who have little options, so I believe it drives the price up. I checked with them for my last purchase and they were several hundred dollars high. They do have a decent selection, so if you are the type that needs to "have it now" they are a great option.

(Lackawanna County)

I bought a gun there. It took awhile to be noticed or serviced considering I called ahead. It was for a rifle I couldn’t find anywhere though. I paid a bit more than some but they had it.

(Monroe County)

Fuck this place now, you really need my name/addr/ph/email and life story to get a bottle of hoppes?
    Sure 1060 west Addison Chago.

I took my ass 3 doors down to SARCO and was done in 5 min w/o needing to take a polygraf.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Fuck this place now, you really need my name/addr/ph/email and life story to get a bottle of hoppes?
    Sure 1060 west Addison Chago.

I took my ass 3 doors down to SARCO and was done in 5 min w/o needing to take a polygraf.

I bought an upper at SARCO, but they wouldn't sell me a lower...
    They said "It was against the law to sell me all the parts at one time".
    I went 3 doors down to heritage and bought the lower.

It's a nice thing they are that close, 2 amazing gun stores in one spot. It's worth the drive out there.

I wish they were closer.
    Last edited by :-); March 20th, 2019 at 02:10 PM.

(Northampton County)

SARCO next door. Better selection and better service.
    Heritage had 2 suicides there by gun when they first opened.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post

Boyers is excellent just a small selection. I’m not a fan of HG it’s priced and run like the one in NJ. Eastern Arms is also good and I believe they have a 2nd shop in Quakertown now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast