Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Can I obtain LCTF if my original charges were reduced to Disorderly conduct.

Ok guys/ladies. I am new & looking to obtain my LCTF for the 1st time. I am a little worried. In 2011 I was charged with 18_903_2 Conspiracy manuf,delivery,or PWID(Withdrawn),/ 35_780_113 A30 Manufacture,Delivery, or PWID (Disposed @ lower court), /35_780_113 A16 Int Poss. Controlled Substance by person not reg(Guilty plea to lesser charge replaced by 18_5503_A4 Disorderly Conduct). So overall I was only charged with Disorderly Conduct 18_5503_A4. I am worried that my application for LCTF will be denied? I haven't been in any trouble with the police since then (NOT ONCE WHATSOEVER). I am completely clean and DO NOT use drugs or drink for that matter. This is the only thing on my permanent record & I'm hugely concerned that the Sheriff's office might deny me for my LCTF... Any input/advice into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Can I obtain LCTF if my original charges were reduced to Disorderly conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzr477 View Post
    Ok guys/ladies. I am new & looking to obtain my LCTF for the 1st time. I am a little worried. In 2011 I was charged with 18_903_2 Conspiracy manuf,delivery,or PWID(Withdrawn),/ 35_780_113 A30 Manufacture,Delivery, or PWID (Disposed @ lower court), /35_780_113 A16 Int Poss. Controlled Substance by person not reg(Guilty plea to lesser charge replaced by 18_5503_A4 Disorderly Conduct). So overall I was only charged with Disorderly Conduct 18_5503_A4. I am worried that my application for LCTF will be denied? I haven't been in any trouble with the police since then (NOT ONCE WHATSOEVER). I am completely clean and DO NOT use drugs or drink for that matter. This is the only thing on my permanent record & I'm hugely concerned that the Sheriff's office might deny me for my LCTF... Any input/advice into this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Online gun forum = not a good place for legal advice

Lawyer = good source for legal advice

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can I obtain LCTF if my original charges were reduced to Disorderly conduct.

You need to talk to a lawyer that specializes in gun law.
    That is the only way you will be able to answer your questions with 100% certainty.
    Getting advice from random people on the internet, from the police, from a gun shop, or from anyone else besides a gun lawyer may end up with you being charged with a crime.
    You can send a message to GunLawyer001 on this forum, or a different gun lawyer elsewhere, and pay for a consultation to get your questions answered.
    Best of luck to you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Franklin County)

In PA, even if a lawyer confirms that any/all past convictions do not specifically disqualify you from obtaining a LTCF, a sheriff can deny based on 'the character clause'.

§ 6109. Licenses.
    (e) Issuance of license.--

(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

(i) An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    In PA, even if a lawyer confirms that any/all past convictions do not specifically disqualify you from obtaining a LTCF, a sheriff can deny based on 'the character clause'.
    True, but a consult with a lawyer will give the OP information that will allow him to avoid a false swearing charge.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Allegheny County)

Thank you everyone for your advice so far. I emailed gunlawyer001 about my situation & am waiting patiently (fingers crossed). I can't afford to have a lawyer look into this for me or represent me. I'M POOR.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzr477 View Post
    Thank you everyone for your advice so far. I emailed gunlawyer001 about my situation & am waiting patiently (fingers crossed). I can't afford to have a lawyer look into this for me or represent me. I'M POOR.
    Phil is a gentleman and a scholar, you are in good hands.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

IANAL but the best way to find out what is on your record is to get it from the PSP in Harrisburg. If you google it you can find it. I think it's called Criminal Access Record or something like that. It's not too expensive but will take the assholes 6 months to send it to you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

This forum has become the gunlawyer001 referral service.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    This forum has become the gunlawyer001 referral service.
    Sales commissions are in order.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast