Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Trump blames Democrats for not acting on gun control earlier

"President Donald Trump on Saturday laid the blame on Democrats for the lack of congressional action on gun control, an issue that once again rose to the forefront of public discourse after Wednesday's mass shooting in Florida.

"Just like they don't want to solve the DACA problem, why didn't the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration," Trump said on Twitter. "Because they didn't want to, and now they just talk!"

His comments came just hours after hundreds of activists and shooting survivors rallied in Fort Lauderdale against lax gun-control regulations, the National Rifle Association, and Trump himself. "

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...hooting-2018-2

He's blaming them for "not acting". What kind of nonsense is this?

I'm glad that they didn't act then, I hope that they don't act now and I hope that they never act.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Trump blames Democrats for not acting on gun control earlier

He just short circuited their base.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Fulton County)

He should have laid the blame on the FBI for failing to act on the tip off they received. It sounds like Trump is going to cave on gun control; if he does then I can pretty much guarantee that he'll be a one term President. He's been listening to Ivanka and Jared Kushner too much.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    He should have laid the blame on the FBI for failing to act on the tip off they received. It sounds like Trump is going to cave on gun control; if he does then I can pretty much guarantee that he'll be a one term President. He's been listening to Ivanka and Jared Kushner too much.
    Worries me ! I hope he is truly a 2a Prez.

i believe this is to be taken at face value. it's rubbing salt in their base's wounds.

they had a super majority at some point, no? they could have railroaded most legislation into law easily even with just a majority considering how many rino's are around.
    they did not, their base believes it they take power back. suddenly they will make unicorns and rainbows fall from the sky.
    he is pointing out the fact that this wont and hasn't happened.

gonna stick with his ownership of pistols and an AR (provided he didn't give the custom ar away like he did the veteran bourbon(to sassy sanders)) and his repeating of pro second amendment stance. granted he isn't a "shall not be infringed" die hard like so many of us, myself included.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Tioga County)

Human beings love to conform so don't be surprised if the Repubs wimp out and cave in to all the loud bleating, which like last time, didn't fix a thing.

(Allegheny County)

I don't read that to mean that he wishes they had taken action.
    He's just talking the way he talks - to piss the other side off.

That said, it's not a topic I'd like to see him taunt them about, because it's just going to rally them to DO something when they CAN.

Then again, most every time he pisses them off, they flip out and then a week later it's on to another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Human beings love to conform so don't be surprised if the Repubs wimp out and cave in to all the loud bleating, which like last time, didn't fix a thing.
    we need to be louder and more active
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't read that to mean that he wishes they had taken action.
    He's just talking the way he talks - to piss the other side off.

That said, it's not a topic I'd like to see him taunt them about, because it's just going to rally them to DO something when they CAN.

Then again, most every time he pisses them off, they flip out and then a week later it's on to another topic.
    that's what happens when you live in denial of añy wrongdoing
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    we need to be louder and more active

that's what happens when you live in denial of añy wrongdoing
    Well I believe the problem with Republicans and those of us that align with them is in general we are polite, nice people who are busy with things like work and family. Maybe a way to phrase that is they use our positives to exploit and defeat us. I've known democrats through my life and I'd say for the most part they are mean and spiteful people walking around with a victim complex or some sort of mental illness. They seek happiness through taking from others and they mean what they say and what they want to do. Republicans and our side need to toughen up a bit, stop playing nice and play to win.

(York County)

Here's another perfect example of the failure of the existing laws (& governmental legal prosecution of them) while people are YELLING, LOUDER & LOUDER for more laws... As though MORE & MORE LAWS THAT ARE IGNORED will solve the problem ! !

Only those trying to be law-abiding, that make stupid, harmless mistakes or inadvertantly answer leading questions (by their doctor or social service worker) in an unacceptable manner about their gun possession, are pounced upon and their lives destroyed with charges or actions intended to punish people for minor mistakes or PRESUMED future actions... And people who seek help for TEMPORARY problems are PERMANENTLY punished...

YET - The real violent perps get their firearms violations 'noll processed' as if they are too much trouble to prosecute or are simply bargaining chips to get a quick plea agreement (it saves time & money, right!)... Or, they have multiple violations over many years, yet that does not drive prosecutors to see that the current charges are pursued to the maximum extent possible... It's a revolving door that keeps the prosecutors busy (well paid) without actually protecting the public from the real danger these type criminals pose...

http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadl...d-rage-slaying
    Devoe stopped in the terminal's parking lot; Paulino parked next to them, according to a police report.

Devoe's coworker told police Devoe and the woman later identified as Paulino "were yelling back and forth at each other" when he saw the woman reach for something in her waistband, according to a police report.

The co-worker told Devoe "c'mon, forget it, it's just a girl," and both men got back into Devoe's car and drove away, according to a police report.

Paulino continued to follow them down the terminal's access road, according to a police report.
    Advertisement

Devoe pulled over once again near the bridge that carries YMCA Drive over the access road, and got out of his vehicle, standing on the right side of the road.

The co-worker told police "the female slowed her car down and he heard one gunshot as she drove past," a police report states.

"I've been hit," a police report quotes Devoe as saying.
    http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_316...op_stories_bar
    In 2015, the perp:
    Paulino was pulled over for an inspection sticker violation in Lowell's Back Central neighborhood, and when officers searched the car she was driving prior to towing it, they found a loaded sawed-off shotgun in the trunk as well as marijuana, according to police.

Paulino was charged with possession of a sawed-off shotgun, unlawful possession of ammunition, and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.

Those charges were dismissed due to lack of prosecution on Jan. 20, 2016, according to court records which do not explain why the case was dropped.

"Based on forensic testing there was insufficient evidence to meet our high burden of proof," a spokeswoman for the Middlesex District Attorney's Office said in a statement Friday evening. If convicted, Paulino could have faced years in prison.
    In 2017, the perp:
    Officers were called to the fast food restaurant by both employees and patrons who reported a woman and two men were shooting paint ball guns at trees out back, according to a police report.

Paulino allegedly berated and threatened employees who asked her to leave the property because she was scaring patrons and their children.

"That's when she pointed the gun at me and said 'do you want me to shoot you,' " a McDonalds employee said, according to a police report.

Police reports say Paulino resisted efforts to detain her at that scene, and began banging her head off the bars of a cell after she was arrested.
    That case against Paulino remains pending, and Judge Stacey Fortes revoked Paulino's personal recognizance bail in the case on Friday.
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; February 18th, 2018 at 05:33 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast