Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Exercise and gun carry

Last night at the gym my workout partner asked "where's your gun?"

He knows I own one although he's opposed to it himself he has no problem with others owning one. (Yes I DO have male friends.)

I don't carry my .22 much since it's so underpowered HOWEVER when I get my Glock I will want to carry it.

I work out at the Y and it has been known for car break-ins and locker break-ins. I am thinking I would leave it home during these times.
    My typical workouts are almost an hour long anyhow and to me.. that's just too long to trust it to a locker. No way would I carry while I workout, the weight machines and the running just don't seem too comfy for carry.

What do you all do? Or am I the only workout nut on the board? (last night I went 2 miles on the treadmill and 4 on the bike) Gotsalotta on my mind.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Exercise and gun carry

I leave mine in my truck although the place I go is a large sports complex on an isolated site.

It's a glock. I'd leave it in the locker. If it gets stolen, report it and buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post

He knows I own one although he's opposed to it himself he has no problem with others owning one. (Yes I DO have male friends.)

I don't carry my .22 much since it's so underpowered HOWEVER when I get my Glock I will want to carry it.

I work out at the Y and it has been known for car break-ins and locker break-ins. I am thinking I would leave it home during these times.
    My typical workouts are almost an hour long anyhow and to me.. that's just too long to trust it to a locker. No way would I carry while I workout, the weight machines and the running just don't seem too comfy for carry.

What do you all do? Or am I the only workout nut on the board? (last night I went 2 miles on the treadmill and 4 on the bike) Gotsalotta on my mind.
    If you want to keep the gun in your gym locker...You might try one of those little, portable gun safes that folks use in their cars...if there's someplace inside the locker that's strong enough to attach the cable to.

I have not done this...just a thought for you

(Bucks County)

My gym in Bucks County has an amazing gun policy and is really an incredible place to work out.

Believe it or not the place has a large safe dedicated to storing firearms. There is a nice, modern Parabody machine and recumbent LifeCycle. Big screen TV, no extra charge for drinks. Big screen TV. Never a wait for equipment. And there's this hot, redhead who occasionally passes through, too.

Yeah, I work out at home.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post

don't under estimate the .22...has killed plenty of people.

if you wear sweats or pants when you work out, you could try an ankle holster that holds tight to your leg.

When I was walking at the local track, I'd leave it at home. I do carry a knife in my pocket a lot. You might want to keep some pepper spray close!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lawrence County)

the only thing i do publicly is run. so i just lock my gun in my car, and run around the track which is 50 feet from the track so i can keep an eye on it all the time.

(Dauphin County)

workout? gym?
    what is this thing you speak of ??

i believe in that situation i would leave it at home also , or get a lock box for in the car and have it in a concealed location if possible..
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

LOL I guess your workouts are watching karaoke and lifting those drinks.

I guess I'll look into a lock box, humm another xmas gift to ask for!

I don't run outdoors, no clearance from the Dr. for pavement or hard surfaces due to bad knees and long ago back surgery from abuse I got as a teenager. (yes a toss down a flight of stairs sorta screws up your back)

(Adams County)

Fanny Pack
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Fanny pack is a bit weird on a treadmill or weight machine. Crunches too it would get in the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast