Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Students to Boycott Schools Until Congress Acts on Guns

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    I am a teacher, NRA member, and gun owner. I can assure you that after the Church incident in Florida and this latest attack we teachers are scared. I have colleagues now coming up to me and lamenting the fact that I can't bring a gun to school and help protect them. I am scared too. I have never brought a gun inside the school because I am law abiding citizen and I care about my job and family. We need legal armed protection and we need it yesterday.
    The Gun Free Schools act really worked didn't it?

Turned our schools into Target Rich Environments.

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    I am a teacher, NRA member, and gun owner. I can assure you that after the Church incident in Florida and this latest attack we teachers are scared. I have colleagues now coming up to me and lamenting the fact that I can't bring a gun to school and help protect them. I am scared too. I have never brought a gun inside the school because I am law abiding citizen and I care about my job and family. We need legal armed protection and we need it yesterday.
    I teach too. The majority of those whom we share the profession have been their own worst enemies. If educators collectively lobbied for armed personnel to protect school property, and/or supported the arming of teachers, maybe these tragedies would as rare as unicorns. Unfortunately, we both know that will never happen. You and I also know that the vast majority of educators see supporters of the 2nd Amendment as barbaric at best and complicit in the shootings such as in Florida on the 14th.

They despise the gun and they despise you and me too for liking the gun. Yup, they should have been scared a long time ago since Columbine, but they certainly have a funny way of showing it, don't they?

(Fayette County)

Does anyone find it even slightly ironic that these students intend to use their free speech rights recognized and protected by the First Amendment to attempt to lobby for the destruction of the inalienable, inherent right to keep and bear arms recognized and protected by the Second Amendment?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Future brainwashed voters, aka sheep. In 20 years we won't legally be aloud to own the guns we can today.
    We will as long as were in the beautiful and awesome state of Pennsylvania.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Not funny.
    Not meant to be humorous. Note the lack of smileys.

I don't understand why teachers are scared. It's irrational to think you may be attacked by a gunman. There is a better chance of a school being struck by lightening and burning to the ground. Pick up your cell phone and dial 911 if there is an emergency. That is what the police are for. Shelter in place and let the police do their job. Being armed is just going to make their jobs more difficult. You guys are just paranoid.

Ha that's pretty fucking funny to say to people that have been forcing others to choke on those same words for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I don't understand why teachers are scared. It's irrational to think you may be attacked by a gunman. There is a better chance of a school being struck by lightening and burning to the ground. Pick up your cell phone and dial 911 if there is an emergency. That is what the police are for. Shelter in place and let the police do their job. Being armed is just going to make their jobs more difficult. You guys are just paranoid.

Ha that's pretty fucking funny to say to people that have been forcing others to choke on those same words for decades.

Your 100% right. They should ask my wife how she felt when her school went on lock down and her only defense was to lock her door and hide with the kids in the closet with a pair of scissors .Not knowing when the door opened if it was leo's or the threat.

(Allegheny County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    We will as long as were in the beautiful and awesome state of Pennsylvania.
    Ya, with a dem as governor and a dem supreme court, don't be so sure. If they ever get majority we are fucked.

I will cut off my dick until someone does something about sexual assault!

damn...

I mean, I WILL REMAIN STUPID UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast