Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 81% Police Favor Training & Arming School Teachers & Admins to Protect Students

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    They don't employ the police, they use private armed security.
    I see your point, but I also know that under the surface, Liberalism is really about power when utilized by the upper tier.
    Offering a gun license to the power broker of a school could very well be received with pleasure.
    Liberals in power trust themselves, they just don't trust anyone else.
    Marple Newtown High School has its own PSP assigned to the site, complete with his own office.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 81% Police Favor Training & Arming School Teachers & Admins to Protect Students

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Marple Newtown High School has its own PSP assigned to the site, complete with his own office.
    I am aware that there are schools with police, I was just presenting 2 examples of private schools that are very Liberal and employ private armed security.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

I am aware that there are schools with police, I was just presenting 2 examples of private schools that are very Liberal and employ private armed security.
    I agree, most of the time it is private security on campus rather than PSP or Local Yokels. Then some schools have their own employees who wear security uniforms but they are not armed. And I was surprised when I found that PSP were a permanent fixture at MNHS. I thought something had happened when I saw his cruiser in the parking lot.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

They don't employ the police, they use private armed security.
    I see your point, but I also know that under the surface, Liberalism is really about power when utilized by the upper tier.
    Offering a gun license to the power broker of a school could very well be received with pleasure.
    Liberals in power trust themselves, they just don't trust anyone else.

I didn't mean "police" in the literal sense - I meant it in the sense that liberals see anyone with a badge and uniform as "highly trained police".

The only people those types of administers care about paying to protect is themselves.

(Erie County)

Erie school district has their own police, with marked vehicles.

As I have posted a link, there are states that allow teachers to be armed. Utah is an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Training + getting kids to safety + armed response as needed

The dilemma is that this takes a lot more than simply giving somebody a gun. It is a building-wide safety plan.

Anybody here heard of ALICE?

I'm down on arming teachers (and Administrators) simply because of reasons I"ve already enunciated.

Most schools are actually very short handed on the staffing side. Smaller schools frequently only have one top admin (the principal), and then the secretaries, guidance counselor and building maintenance person. On any given day several will be out of the building. So who gets the gun and the training? Are they going to be actually there when something happens? (contrary to perception, admin are rarely just sitting around drinking coffee while waiting for something to happen)

Having a quick, appropriate response is the best course. More importantly who trains with law enforcement so they don't get mistaken as the perp themselves when the police arrive within a few minutes.
    As I already said in my reply, no one is just "giving somebody a gun", and I'm not advocating "arming teachers".
    I have said repeatedly in this thread that I am talking about arming senior administrative staff, and only with proper training and certification.

As for your concerns regarding lack of administrative staff and people being out of the building, again as I already said, train 2 or 3 people to account for absences.

As for the limited staffing concerns, I think that in larger schools this is a nonissue, since they are thick with bureaucracy.
    In the smaller schools, I actually think the people you mentioned make good candidates for training and arming.
    Arm the top administrator, his vice principle, his secretary, or the guidance counselor, or the maintenance guy (actually a very good choice if they pass the requirements).
    In smaller schools with limited bureaucracy, these ARE the people that run the school, and they are the perfect choices for armed response.

In my opinion, your first and final comments show your true feelings on this issue, which is that you don't think people should defend school children with guns.

"Training + getting kids to safety + armed response as needed" speaks volumes here.
    We are already talking about worst case scenario school mass shootings, in which case "getting kids to safety" is totally inadequate, and the armed response is already needed.

"More importantly who trains with law enforcement so they don't get mistaken as the perp themselves when the police arrive within a few minutes" also speaks volumes.
    This is a common argument made by people that think civilians should not be allowed to defend themselves with guns in any arena.
    Obviously if we create a LEOSA type program with training and everything else, the law enforcement interaction component will be well defined.

Frankly, I get the impression that you don't believe in armed self defense as a general concept, and that you believe only police should have guns.

(York County)

Dude. Take a pill or something to calm down okay? Read up on what ALICE training is about.

I've had my own carry permit for over 25 years. I am hardly against people being legitimately armed.

Bringing up real concerns about this idea you have invested so much in being right on does not make me the enemy.

But I am done here. I'm pulling my comments since they rock your world too much.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; February 19th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Dude. Take a pill or something to calm down okay? Read up on what ALICE training is about.

I've had my own carry permit for over 25 years. I am hardly against people being legitimately armed.

Bringing up real concerns about this idea you have invested so much in being right on does not make me the enemy.

But I am done here. I'm pulling my comments since they rock your world too much.
    I'm tired of seeing dead school children on the news.
    I'm tired of being blamed for the murders when I, and people like me, actively support a LEOSA type program that will effectively stop the murders.
    I'm tired of people refusing to do the only thing that will stop the killings, which is to arm the schools in a safe and effective manner.
    Maybe you need to care more instead of me caring less.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They've had that since 1974. I graduated from that school in 1975.The school district has it's own police force with cars and regularly patrol all the school properties in the district.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

When I retire (in a long time), I’ll volunteer 2 days a week of my time to be an armed bystander.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345