Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Female Motorcycles Shoots man in self defense during road rage.

Road Rage, A Gun, One Man Dies In Pierce County On I-5

Chronicle Staff

(PIERCE COUNTY, WA.) – Road rage and guns are often a toxic mix. They can produce outcomes that rarely end well and change lives forever. Thus was the case Thursday afternoon on Interstate 5 at the Pierce-King County line.

Just before 5 pm Thursday, this short tweet from a state patrol trooper: “Road rage incident SB I5 @ King/Pierce County line between motorcycle & car. Physical altercation led to shots fired. Aid & police on scene.”

Here’s what happened, according to the state patrol report on the incident. Just before 5 pm a silver 2016 GMC Terrain SUV was southbound on I-5 from milepost 138 in the HOV lane and a blue 2008 Yamaha YZFR6 motorcycle was in front of the GMC headed in the same direction.

Traffic came to a stop and the motorcycle stopped with the traffic in the HOV lane while the GMC truck stopped on the left shoulder of the highway parallel to the bike.

The driver of the GMC exited his vehicle and the rider on the motorcycle got off her bike and the two of them “started a physical altercation,” according to the patrol report and at one point “they were fighting on the ground,” said a patrol spokesperson to reporters at the scene.

It was not clear what caused the altercation to begin with.

During the fight the motorcycle rider produces a gun, fires one shot and it hits the GMC driver who was pronounced dead at the scene by Tacoma fire department paramedics.

The deceased was later identified by the patrol as 60-year old Bruce W. Jones of Roy, Washington, a tiny rural enclave of under 1,000 people in Pierce County.

The motorcycle rider, identified as 24-year old Aubrey T. Bowlin of Tacoma, Washington was injured and was taken to St. Francis Hospital after being interviewed at the scene by investigators.

A 57-year old woman, a passenger in the GMC with the same last name as the deceased was not injured but was visibly shaken, according to a patrol spokesperson.

The state patrol says the motorcycle rider called police after the shot was fired and remained at the scene and was cooperative. The patrol report said drugs or alcohol were not believed to have been factors in the incident.

The resulting investigation caused the HOV lane and four southbound I-5 lanes and the HOV lane of northbound I-5 to be blocked for three and a half hours.

The state patrol says the incident remains under investigation. No charges were immediately filed against the motorcycle rider who fired the fatal shot. The patrol report did not state who the aggressor was in the altercation.

As a general rule Washington state law allows a citizen to use lethal force as a defense if a person’s life is in direct and imminent danger and there is no other recourse such as leaving the area or running away from the scene where the danger exists.
    From what I've read it seams like this was a justifiable self defense case. Rider was active on the Advrider Forum and has lawyered up. Sounds like the female was pinned against the divider and being beaten pretty badly.
    I'll be interested when the rest of the details leading up to this even come to light.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Female Motorcycles Shoots man in self defense during road rage.

Aubrey T Bowlin riding motorcycle shot and killed vehicle driver that attacked her on highway 0.JPG

24 year old Aubrey Bowlin - top 2nd from left in photo.
    60 year old Bruce Jones - top left in photo.

24 year old girl Aubrey Bowlin riding alone on a motorcycle pulls over on the shoulder of the highway after a traffic incident.
    60 year old man Bruce Jones, the driver of the passenger car involved in the traffic incident, pulls over on the shoulder behind her.
    The 60 year old man then gets out of his vehicle and starts arguing and then fighting with the 24 year old girl.
    He gets her on the ground and starts beating on her.
    The girl pulls her carry gun and shoots him once, killing him.

She calls 911 and waits for the police.
    They detain her and then release her without charges, and report that she is being cooperative.
    The police report that there are many witnesses to the fight and the shooting.
    Looks like it is probably a good shoot.

It is notable that most of the media outlets reporting the story did not include any photos of the people involved.
    The Liberal media is trying to paint this as an unjustified shooting and the photos don't compliment their narrative.

The Liberal gun ban lobby is already painting Bruce Jones as "a victim of gun violence".
    http://gunmemorial.org/2018/02/08/bruce-jones

Aubrey Bowlin has wisely obtained a lawyer and has started a Go-Fund-Me page to cover her potential legal costs.
    https://www.gofundme.com/Aubrey-Taylers-Support-Fund
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

If everything checks out, good for her. Dont be a dick and you wont get shot.

(Philadelphia County)

Female motorcycles?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Female motorcycles?
    Harley Sportster and all other scooters.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Splittail?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

It sounds like she was the sole rider riding in the HOV lane.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Good for her. I donated.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Sportster is not a scooter. You should have dropped "all other" in your put down of bikes your too fat to ride.

(Bucks County)

Yes, i am! And vertigo, and I have a much cooler ride that I built myself. So there! Old, fat guys RULE !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast