Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Review: Midway 4 and 8 Magazine Pouches for AR15/AK47

I have a double mag holder with a paddle that slips in the belt in a second. You can get two Glock 33 round mags in it but I prefer two G17 mags myself. I’ve never seen a sling type pouch with less then 4 mag holsters in it. I had one made by UW gear for Glock 33 round mags a few years back but it wasn’t cheap and took about 5 months to get. The quality is excellent though.

You can look for a leather surplus one for MG stick mags. I also have one of those I got off eBay for a reasonable amount. You have to make a few minor mods for it to take stick mags, won’t work with standard sized pistol mags.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 7th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Found this made by Condor who typically offers good quality.

Holds 3
    You could probably rig a strap up pretty easily.

https://lapolicegear.com/tg-ma52-tpmp.html

Amazon has it too with more color options and free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-Triple...9Y4?th=1&psc=1
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 7th, 2020 at 04:55 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have a double mag holder with a paddle the slips in the belt in a second. You can get two Glock 33 round mags in it but I prefer two G17 mags myself. I’ve never seen a sling type pouch with less then 4 mag holsters in it. I had one made by UW gear for Glock 33 round mags a few years back but it wasn’t cheap and took about 5 months to get. The quality is excellent though.

You can look for a leather surplus one for MG stick mags. I also have one of those I got off eBay for a reasonable amount. You have to make a few minor mods for it to take stick mags won’t work with standard sized pistol mags.
    Yeah, I doubt there's much demand for an item I'm describing. Probably better to learn how to sew and make something myself.

I wear elastic waistband polyester running shorts 95% of the time once the temps reach 70, so something that goes on my waist is a no-go.

I do have a Remington branded fanny pack that I got for like five bucks on clearance a few years back. It has a long enough strap that it can be used over the shoulder/across the way I am thinking. I could probably use that if I need to.

similar...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

An old AK canvas sling would probably work well as a strap with those condor pouches.

(Allegheny County)

An old AK canvas sling would probably work well as a strap with those condor pouches.
    True. I think I may still have a canvas SKS sling somewhere in my mess of gun crap...

(Allegheny County)

Hey, while digging for that sling (still hiding somewhere), I found a cheapo, nylon triple-mag pouch someone gave me years ago!!!

I also have a few random, unused, black shoulder straps from laptop bags, tactical crap, etc and I'm just going to fashion Paracord loops to go through the two outer tabs used to connect to molle gear, and connect the snap hooks of the shoulder strap to the loops.
    Free and easy! Thanks for the idea.

(Allegheny County)

Additionally, I found this on Amazon - perfect size for what I want, plus it has additional storage.
    I may get this for 9mm SMG mags for my AR15 and for my Camp 9 carbine.
    Again, easy enough to add a shoulder strap!

I really like this one. In the Midway mag pouches I put 1 AR/AK mag in three pouches, and plan to put a flashlight and knife in the fourth.

Amazon link ($19.99)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Hey, while digging for that sling (still hiding somewhere), I found a cheapo, nylon triple-mag pouch someone gave me years ago!!!

I also have a few random, unused, black shoulder straps from laptop bags, tactical crap, etc and I'm just going to fashion Paracord loops to go through the two outer tabs used to connect to molle gear, and connect the snap hooks of the shoulder strap to the loops.
    Free and easy! Thanks for the idea.

It’s funny how we collect so much stuff and forget about what we actually have.

The paracord is a good idea, most likely will never have to worry about it tearing or wearing out. I

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Additionally, I found this on Amazon - perfect size for what I want, plus it has additional storage.
    I may get this for 9mm SMG mags for my AR15 and for my Camp 9 carbine.
    Again, easy enough to add a shoulder strap!

I really like this one. In the Midway mag pouches I put 1 AR/AK mag in three pouches, and plan to put a flashlight and knife in the fourth.

Amazon link ($19.99)

Ha I was looking at that earlier since it was on the amazon recommendation list after I found that Condor mag holder. I put it in my save for later cart until I could get a better look at it. Definitely looks looks me a solid multi use pouch for a lot of different things.

(Erie County)

After seeing this thread again I went looking for a suitable mag carrier and found these at Jasmine's Military Shop.
    https://jasminesmilitaryshop.com/pro...ion-pouch-used
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    After seeing this thread again I went looking for a suitable mag carrier and found these at Jasmine's Military Shop.
    https://jasminesmilitaryshop.com/pro...ion-pouch-used
    I have several of those new in package, they are obviously quality made since they are military surplus with their biggest draw back being that Pmags do not fit. If your knee deep in standard USGI mags then your good to go.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast