Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: trajedy in FL

(Delaware County)

Default Re: trajedy in FL

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    Instead of using vulgarities and calling people names why don't you back up your opinion with logic. Are you ok with private person to person sales to strangers? Even this board recommends going to an FFL for a transfer. It is a way for people who can't pass a background check to get access to guys? I would be willing to concede that to get. More permission to carry in places like schools.

I don't know how well read you are, but offering to concede points to the left seems to be a one way concession, all the time. Also, in order to be reasonable, one needs to have reason. Show me where the left has reason in their attacks on gun owners? Where does reason fall in regards to the concessions the left wants us to make?

If you look at the arguements from the left, none of them deal with the real issues. SSRI's, fatherless family, lack of spirituality, no moral bounds, narcissism, and on and on. They offer not one solution to the problem, but I know a multifaceted, synergistic approach is needed to remedy the problem...The left says its guns...its the furthest thing from it.

Answer the above honestly and you will see its never about reason. The left is all about using emotion in their decisions and in the manner they convey their message. They want to guilt you into making concessions. The are unreasonable in their demands. Using logic is not in their repertoire.

We know what the end game is...complete weapons ban...and even then it won't be enough. To reason with a party that has no intent on making concessions to a Right that is clearly defined, is a lose, lose proposition. Having political hacks argue in our interest is also proving to be a losing proposition. In fact, I would venture to say, we will end this entire conversation with one move from the left...talk will become an afterthought and the consequeces of their actions will become a defining moment for our Bill of Rights.

Does any of what I say ring true with you?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Well some people apparently actually think the battle is just beginning. But in my opinion, more gun control legislation is inevitable. There is a groundswell of activity ready to explode and it’s not going to matter how much reason you launch at it. At this point the second amendment is going to have to offer a sacrifice up for redemption over this last school mass murder. That’s the AR15. In Pennsylvania we have a perfect perspective to see this coming and swiftly. To the east New Jersey, to the North New York, to the West Ohio....Kasick just came out and said get rid of AR15s, to the south Maryland. And right here at home, Harrisburg is poised to fall in line.

You can fight it kicking and screaming but this time the NRA has no leverage after the fractious internal struggle going on there. Or worse, possibly they don’t care about the second amendment. All they care about is donations. Even Republican high profile donors are threatening to close their checkbook to politicians if they don’t get something done. Now that’s going to cause action.
    The war on guns has been CONTINUOUS since the 1960s in my case, and for many others. This is just another round. I agree this one has some new sharp angles that present themselves, but lets not talk submission as that is foolish.` I am not sure what team you are on here, does not sound like mine. The NRA is still the big dog!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

You don't need an AR to kill a bunch of people, just skill. Look at Jerry Miculec. He could take out 50 people with a revolver and a bunch of moon clips. I'm mediocre at shooting and I can reload a semi auto in slightly over a second. How are mag capacity limits going to matter? Also even if the government offered $5k per gun I wouldn't sell back any of mine and I'm willing to go to prison, so they can suck it.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Let’s assume two things. The AR platform gets targeted. And you say No Compromise! What leverage does the government have to change your mind? Do you receive or are you going to receive any Social Security benefits, Medicare, disability veterans health care, or government pension? Do you want to continue receiving it? Do you have family relying on your financial security? Are you willing to sacrifice it in defense of the AR platform?

The only people capable of drawing a line here, are the ones who can independently live self sufficient. That means purchasing power...any connection to society whatsoever, because they are capable of cutting you entirely off the grid.

You are exactly what the political class is looking to achieve...an indentured servant looking for his handouts from the government and not willing to go without. What you list above is no different than an Obama phone. You are beholden to the almighty Social Security benefits, Medicare, disability veterans health care, and government pension...a peon in the truest sense of the word.

Ask yourself...the greatest things in life require commitment, sacrifice, hard work, struggle, and hardship. Its never easy, but well worth it.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    We are screwed. "We Millennials will make the difference. We won't give up. Adults are driven by money. We are driven by feelings". Unquote of a girl from the shooting area seen on CBS 11pm news tonight. Using social media, they will march en mass on Washington. They want assault weapons banned.

They eat TIDE PODS...so, yeah, one way or another, we ARE screwed...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    They eat TIDE PODS...so, yeah, one way or another, we ARE screwed...

LOL! That's funny.
    I'll have to remember to tie that into any discussion where someone mentions how proud they are of these young people for taking charge of their future.

"Really?
    These are the same

young people who eat
    Tide PODS to the point where
    adults had to remove
    them from store shelves!

THEY are going to decide what makes US safe?"

(Bucks County)

Go back to NY and take your Fudd ideas and your crappy feedback with you.

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    Even this board recommends going to an FFL for a transfer.
    We do?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    We do?

He pointed to the classified section, where Dan has some info noted regarding sales.
    Clearly an administrative "covering it's own ass" sort of thing.

Not exactly the same as what "the board" (it's members) says - at least not all of them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    We do?
    We do.....not!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast