Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: trajedy in FL

(Chester County)

Default Re: trajedy in FL

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Jenn... your posts wear me out, but I digress (think brevity).

Identifying the ‘mentally challenged’ is difficult. Give that “power” to any psychiatrist MD and they could control (ruin) your life.
    You're absolutely right Jak. Mental health professionals aren't exactly the best profession when it comes to power and authority. This is a tough thing to deal with and a few short gratuitous words can't possibly cover all the aspects of dealing with this situation. My family had to deal with a family member that was put through the grinder of the mental health system. When only a few simple steps would have sufficed like limited supervision and proper guidance for the parents things could have been much easier for my family. With mental health professionals though things can get quickly out of hand or at the other end of the spectrum, absolutely nothing is done.

I'm no apologist for the mental health profession and for damn good reason. I've observed their actions since an early age. I remember when Federal Judge ordered the closure of Byberry and Pennhurst and many other institutions that abused and experimented on patients. I'm very aware of and very wary of the mental health profession. That's why I said in my previous post about laws being changed to protect both the mentally challenged and the student body. How many times have we read on this very forum that people's rights had been abused or lost because of a misguided or overzealous so-called professional? I don't profess to have the all answers but what I do have is the ability to question how is it the systems are so broke and it appears no one wants to do anything about it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

We are screwed. "We Millennials will make the difference. We won't give up. Adults are driven by money. We are driven by feelings". Unquote of a girl from the shooting area seen on CBS 11pm news tonight. Using social media, they will march en mass on Washington. They want assault weapons banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    We are screwed. "We Millennials will make the difference. We won't give up. Adults are driven by money. We are driven by feelings". Unquote of a girl from the shooting area seen on CBS 11pm news tonight. Using social media, they will march en mass on Washington. They want assault weapons banned.
    We need our own counter-march.

(Crawford County)

Well some people apparently actually think the battle is just beginning. But in my opinion, more gun control legislation is inevitable. There is a groundswell of activity ready to explode and it’s not going to matter how much reason you launch at it. At this point the second amendment is going to have to offer a sacrifice up for redemption over this last school mass murder. That’s the AR15. In Pennsylvania we have a perfect perspective to see this coming and swiftly. To the east New Jersey, to the North New York, to the West Ohio....Kasick just came out and said get rid of AR15s, to the south Maryland. And right here at home, Harrisburg is poised to fall in line.

You can fight it kicking and screaming but this time the NRA has no leverage after the fractious internal struggle going on there. Or worse, possibly they don’t care about the second amendment. All they care about is donations. Even Republican high profile donors are threatening to close their checkbook to politicians if they don’t get something done. Now that’s going to cause action.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Kasick just came out and said get rid of AR15s ~snip~
    HA! I read the other day there are 15M ARs in circulation... and two of them are in my house.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    HA! I read the other day there are 15M ARs in circulation... and two of them are in my house.

Slacker.

(Beaver County)

I agree with many other here ... NO COMPROMISE PERIOD. Why should we "make a deal". The old adage, give and inch and take a mile comes to mind. Again in case I wasn't clear NO COMPROMISE PERIOD.

(Crawford County)

Let’s assume two things. The AR platform gets targeted. And you say No Compromise! What leverage does the government have to change your mind? Do you receive or are you going to receive any Social Security benefits, Medicare, disability veterans health care, or government pension? Do you want to continue receiving it? Do you have family relying on your financial security? Are you willing to sacrifice it in defense of the AR platform?

The only people capable of drawing a line here, are the ones who can independently live self sufficient. That means purchasing power...any connection to society whatsoever, because they are capable of cutting you entirely off the grid.

(Chester County)

Don't think for a minute it will be just the AR15 that's targeted. It will be all black rifles. AR's, AK's, M1A's, Uzi's, all HK's, etc etc etc. It will be the Clinton assault weapons ban all over again, with no grandfather and no sunset. If republican politicians don't grow a backbone, the cause is on its way to being lost. And once that happens, it will be all privately owned firearms, just like England and Australia. Make no mistake about what they ultimately want. Only the elites and government to be armed, with the rest of us compliant serfs.

(Crawford County)

Yes, and if I owned an AR15, once the initial inventory of cheap rifles have been exhausted....there’s going to be a run on them and manufactures are trying to get rid of stockpiles because they thought Hillary was going to win, ......anyway once the inventory is gone and I could get my investment back.....I’d sell it and let somebody else take the financial loss.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast