Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: trajedy in FL

(Berks County)

Default Re: trajedy in FL

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    Thanks and good point. I work with a German teacher who takes students every year to the National Holocaust museum. He thinks I'm nuts because I want a ar15 so my family and I won't be turned into soap an lampshades. He doesn't think it could ever happen here. He says I'm paranoid and need help.
    Neither did the Jews as they were allowing themselves to be disarmed. People seem to forget that pre-World War II Germany wasn't some third world hellhole where ignorance and barbarity reigned supreme. It was, in a lot of ways, a model first world nation. And then the Nazis took over and the rest is history. It can happen anywhere.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    Correct, if the FBI had not been trying to take down our duly elected POTUS maybe the could really do their job !!
    Agreed!

(Chester County)

FBI (LE) bashing is in vogue. However, the Bureau don’t have unlimited resources to devote a Special Agent to every pimply faced kid posting a threat on social media. Yinz all want to give up more of your tax money then they can hire more Agents to chase down every threat.
    Last edited by JAKIII; February 18th, 2018 at 08:47 PM.

Remember the Gov't wants you disarmed .
    It wants compliant Sheeple and Malleable criminals to rule over .
    The Gov't can trample the Sheeple and they work with the criminals
    The thing they can't work with is a law abiding Morally Just person who will no longer put up with their shit who is armed .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    The FBI missed all the red flags about Nikolas Cruz?

I do not buy it. I am of the view that there is a strong possibility that elements within the FBI may well have intentionally ignored the red flags and the BLARING RED SIRENS being put out by Nikolas Cruz to advance an agenda.

In the larger scheme of things, in the view of the transformational-change globalists, 17 lives are a paltry sacrifice to make in order to accomplish their goal of outright gun confiscation. Does anyone here doubt such elements exist inside the FBI?
    That tactic is thousands of years old and it can and has been used in place of having the outright power to get a political result. This tactic is no stranger to those at the top of the power structure at every agency of the US Government. The FBI which has become and maybe has always been used as a political goals tool by different administrations since it's inception. The Clintons famously bragged of having thousands of FBI files on their political enemies. It didn't start with them, J. Edgar Hoover used FBI files gathered by his agents to control Congress, the Executive branch and whomever he chose to intimidate to for his political goals.

As far as new laws restricting or banning weapons. That's a dog that won't hunt. It has no meaning and lacks any kind of effectiveness to stop mass shootings. Our mental health systems alongside of our education systems are severely broken. The society itself has some major defects to it now because of these two systems being broken. This young man had plenty of warning signs that he was a danger to himself and others. All the kids around him knew it and it was no surprise to them when the name of the shooter was revealed. Those kids have a right to be angry. They reported his behavior time and time again to no avail. Their screams for help were totally ignored by the authorities designated to protect them.

Do I have iron clad solutions to this very dire problem of having very broken education and mental health systems. No, my thinking only provides suggestions on making improvements to protect these children from both mentally challenged or troubled individuals and improvements on holding authorities responsible for the protection of school children.

My first suggestion I've made repeatedly. Security at school campuses must be beefed up and taken seriously. Physical barriers, criminal and mental health profiling, video monitoring and trained specifically designated armed personnel are all suggestions I have made to beef up security. Schools don't have to become armed encampments or be a prison like atmosphere but security has to be brought to the forefront and dealt with.

The laws governing mental health professionals and their actions need to be changed to clarify their responsibilities to protect not just the mentally challenged but also to protect the student body. Reporting individuals to responsive authorities of those that are deemed a danger to themselves and others must be clarified and stricter guidelines made so that there is no question as to what the duties have to be in reporting and to whom the reports are made.

I am not anything more than someone who cares that our schools once again become a place where learning and a quality education are paramount and the children can show up and not have to be overly concerned about the security of the place they receive their education. Children should learn situational awareness but not above all other things while they are at school.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The laws governing mental health professionals and their actions need to be changed to clarify their responsibilities to protect not just the mentally challenged but also to protect the student body. Reporting individuals to responsive authorities of those that are deemed a danger to themselves and others must be clarified and stricter guidelines made so that there is no question as to what the duties have to be in reporting and to whom the reports are made.
    Jenn... your posts wear me out, but I digress (think brevity).

Identifying the ‘mentally challenged’ is difficult. Give that “power” to any psychiatrist MD and they could control (ruin) your life.

(Allegheny County)

I had to step out. Eating a late dinner, but want to thank you guys who picked up after my posts.
    Good stuff.

I guess I just get tired of all the compromise talk and it set me off.

Truthfully though, the off chance of a bad person getting a gun is not worth trading freedom for.
    I'd rather risk a few people dying than everyone losing their freedom. That's the price of freedom - some people can't accept that though.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by krzmagister View Post
    You are just like liberals ie you are putting words in my mouth and you are extremely patronizing. I want no registry. I know that it leads to confiscation. I am extremely educated. I even made it through University without becoming a mind washed progressive. I am willing to listen to your ideas. How do you want to make sure criminals and crazies don't get guns? I want access to guns but this kid in Florida and guy who shot the church in Texas should not have able to buy a gun by any means whether at an FFL or a private sale.
    The problem with requiring "Universal Background Checks" is that they require a registry in order to be enforced. How do you prove Joe sold Jim a gun without a background check unless you can prove Joe first owned the gun? Furthermore I'm not aware of one instance where a Universal Background Check would have prevented a mass shooting.

Off the top of my head Adam Lanza stole the AR and killed his mother before Sandy Hook; James Holmes bought his guns legally from FFLs before the Aurora CO. theater shooting; The San Benardino shooting was done with ARs obtained illegally via a straw purchase; Orlando Night Club shooter legally bought his firearm from FFL; The Texas church shooter bought his AR legally from an FFL; This last shooter bought his AR legally via an FFL; Las Vegas Shooter bought his guns legally via FFL. One last note: The Charleston church shooter was prohibited by law but the NICS system couldn't verify this before 3 days elapsed and thus the transfer was completed in accordance with law.

The constant request for legislation that does not solve anything only to appease illogical cries of "DO SOMETHING" bothers me.

It bothers me because if you look back at all of the prior gun control legislation that has become law, none of it really solved anything but the erosion of our rights.

In 1934 the National Firearms Act (NFA) was enacted because of why? Well it was in response to prohibition era gangstas like John Dillinger, Baby faced Nelson, Bonnie & Clyde using Machine Guns during their brushes with the law. Nobody seems to recognize that these machine-guns weren't bought by the Criminals, they were stolen from Police Stations and National Guard Armories. If you didn't know- the Lawmakers actually wanted to include handguns in the legislation but recognized that it would not pass in that event. So now we have to live with this absurd NFA Title 2 law to buy/build SBR/SBS, silencers and machine guns. All of these items are easily made at home by anyone with half a brain, but can you name any mass shooting involving them?

In 1968 the Gun Control Act - to sum it up best I can made FFL and prohibited handgun purchases across state lines. Not going to waste my time because it really solves nothing.

1986 Hughes Amendment gave us FOPA (whoopee!/s) and banned production and sale of post 86 Machineguns. They were previously already heavily regulated under the NFA. Can you cite any mass shootings involving legally registered machine-guns?

Seems to me that we keep getting robbed to solve problems that don't exist. I'm sure that any gun-grabber, if asked, would say that these laws aren't working. The reality is that nothing is going to work.

This last part is my own personal philosophy- The more our population increases the more evil doers among us. The Human race has never been able to live without conflict and never will.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Another trolling Fudd

(Fayette County)

Post Re: trajedy in FL

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I had to step out. Eating a late dinner, but want to thank you guys who picked up after my posts.
    Good stuff.

I guess I just get tired of all the compromise talk and it set me off.

Truthfully though, the off chance of a bad person getting a gun is not worth trading freedom for.
    I'd rather risk a few people dying than everyone losing their freedom. That's the price of freedom - some people can't accept that though.
    That is called freedom, isn't it? We do not lose our natural rights because a nut goes off his rocker, nor do we lose our natural rights because some majority in a democracy (which we do not have, and which is nothing more than mob rule) says so.

In this trenchant video, HighImpactFlix discusses democide (at 6:10).

His numbers here are astonishing, and his point cannot be overemphasized

Leftists do not blink at the the history of the millions governments have killed, the USG killing millions overseas in illegal wars, or at the over more than 60,000,000 pre-born killed by abortion.

I do not care to be lectured by those with so little regard for human life or natural rights.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast