Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: trajedy in FL

Default Re: trajedy in FL

3) It's a state right to decide, don't give the fed. more power. See 2 above.
    According to the founders it's one of my Unalienable rights so the sate can feel free to stay out of it too.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

No bump stock ban. That ship has sailed. Everybody freaked out at Trump's and the NRA's statements after Las Vegas, but those statements took all of the momentum away from the rush to ban bump stocks, and that momentum isn't coming back. Trump does that a lot, making his opponents think he's going to cave and give them what they want, and then stiff-arming them later. Remember Schumer and Pelosi coming out of that WH meeting saying that they had an immigration deal? That was months ago, and that deal was dead from the start. It's like Trump throws them a bone and then runs out the clock.

(Tioga County)

The thing about your "deal" is what exactly would it have fixed in this case or in any case?

It's "we just gotta do something" bullshit that makes everyone feel good but doesn't fix the problem of mental and criminal wackos and kids that have issues.

Also what's this "crap" about private rifle and shotgun sales? Show me where that has been a factor in crime on a frequent scale.

(Wyoming County)

How do I feel about that deal?

Well since you asked- NO THANKS!

Here is my deal- Repeal "Gun free zones", allow faculty to carry and actually be able to protect those they are responsible for and/or employ armed security.

I'm not consenting to giving up anything.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(York County)

No thanks, no compromise.

Some people keep saying we need to do something, that thoughts and prayers don't work. Fine, pull SSRI's off the market and arm teachers.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

No. And why?
    We owe the Left nothing. No reason to think we have to deal or compromise with anti gunners for anything.
    It’s a shame what happened. That’s all. It will happen again. Because some people suck. They always will. No matter what laws we enact

(Mercer County)

No compromise.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    How do I feel about that deal?

Well since you asked- NO THANKS!

Here is my deal- Repeal "Gun free zones", allow faculty to carry and actually be able to protect those they are responsible for and/or employ armed security.

I'm not consenting to giving up anything.
    Oddly enough, a friend of mine had a related experience today.

This friend took his son to the doctor in the morning, then dropped him off at school.

He walked inside to hand over the doctor's note, his school district being notable for being a bit draconian about 'unauthorized absences' (since they don't get the MONAY for those) and hauling parents before the magistrate if a note got missed.

About the time he handed over the doctor's note, he realized he forgot to disarm and still had his CC piece on him.

Cold sweat commences. He says he quickly thanked the lady in the office and got outta dodge before his innocent mistake turned into a big problem.

Point is, it occurred to me after he shared his story... What if a 'shooter' had showed up right then? His 'highly illegal' gun could have saved untold lives in the 'gun free zone'. (and then he'd have gone to prison, or at least lost his gun rights forever)

Hell yes I'm for armed security / faculty in schools.

Will it happen that some armed teacher somewhere goes apeshit one day and kills some people? Probably. OTOH, there's a building full of other carriers to minimize it. Maybe sounds crass, but I'd rather have that happen once in a blue moon than the current situation where we basically hang up a banner saying "Gun Free Zone: Psycho sick puppies please come commit mass slaughter of innocents! Come on Down! You're the next contestant on Defenseless is Right!"
    DGAF

(Chester County)

The only thing that is going to stop the kind of shooting we saw in Florida is hardening the soft targets that schools are. No amount of gun banning will stop these murders. These little jerkoffs that have grown up swallowing pill after pill to calm them down will use combustible fuels, explosives, fire or whatever else they can put their hands to cause catastrophe and murder even if they can't put their hands on firearms. Schools need to wake the hell up about this problem, it isn't as if this just started yesterday. The mental health profession has been raising these killers for many years now as they experiment with mind altering psychotropic drugs.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The only thing that is going to stop the kind of shooting we saw in Florida is hardening the soft targets that schools are. No amount of gun banning will stop these murders. These little jerkoffs that have grown up swallowing pill after pill to calm them down will use combustible fuels, explosives, fire or whatever else they can put their hands to cause catastrophe and murder even if they can't put their hands on firearms. Schools need to wake the hell up about this problem, it isn't as if this just started yesterday. The mental health profession has been raising these killers for many years now as they experiment with mind altering psychotropic drugs.
    My kids' safe & suburban school is pretty tight. You gotta go through 3 sets of steel doors to get in there. I'm not really worried about some band of ne'er do wells busting in to shoot the place up.

But at 7:30 am, all those doors are standing wide open to let the students in.

The threat isn't external, it's internal.

THAT is why you're exactly right. We have to make our schools hard targets, not targets-of-opportunity.

Not to be too crass, but I'd sure-as-shit rather have Mr. Jack the coach telling Lil Wil to eat lead than Mr. Jill the school psychologist saying "Oh William, I'm so sorry you are angry that Daddy didn't hug you enough and your prescription ran out last week, put down the gun and let's talk this through..."
    DGAF

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast