Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction

Default Re: Prediction

Yup it's coming. There may not be direct bans, but there will be very effective back door bans coming soon.
    In the not to distant future doors will be knocked down over accusations, public posts, doctor suspicions, nosy neighbors, any type of disagreeable speech. You name it, and you will be either labeled a terrorist, insane, a wife beater, and your 2A rights will be null and void.

(Lancaster County)

But, how can you mandate that someone lose their HIPPA protection to exercise a numerated right?

Ironic post, is ironic. NJ forces that already
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    That'll be just great. So nutjobs won't get help.(Not that it will help)
    I believe the drugs they're feeding kids are doing far more harm than help.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

If you're currently taking psychotropic drugs you need to sit down and ask yourself some serious questions like "is this really improving my life?" or "am I putting myself and others in danger because I take these drugs?" Having had a family member that was involved with these questionable and dangerous drugs and the people that administer them I'm of the opinion that if you are taking these drugs you need to have a discussion with your family about yours and their safety. I know you don't want to hear the truth but there it is.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Some people take psych meds off label for other reasons, they can't just make a blanket ban if you take antidepressants.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Crawford County)

Its kind of unbelievable to me that the FBI could be so incompetent as to be handed this new mass shooter on a silver platter and totally blew it off. But if there was a better way to activate a well planned strategy to launch new control measures in all aspects of life....I couldn’t think of one. Just plain brilliant of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Some people take psych meds off label for other reasons, they can't just make a blanket ban if you take antidepressants.
    Correct many have attributes that have been found to help with chronic nerve and muscular pain without any negative mental side effects or the addictive nature of narcotics, others can just help you to stop smoking when used for a short period of time.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I use to be on those drugs. I got off them because they were making me nuts.
    If any of you are on them and want to stop taking them, word of advice,
    do it SLOWLY. Just stopping can lead to some serious problems. It took me
    6 months to stop all together.
    For a time last year my wife was on anti-depressants after we lost our little girl. They helped her cope but had to stop taking them before the second trimester of her current pregnancy. The doctor told her the wrong way to reduce the dosage and she ended up suffering from light sensitivity, nausea, and vertigo. She says that after going through that for 3 months, she never wants to take antis again.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Correct many have attributes that have been found to help with chronic nerve and muscular pain without any negative mental side effects or the addictive nature of narcotics, others can just help you to stop smoking when used for a short period of time.
    100% correct.
    The psych medication issue is not black and white.
    There is a massive grey area with psych medication, doses taken, and what it's used for.
    You could easily create a scenario where millions of people are banned from owning guns because they take low doses of a psych medication for back pain.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    For a time last year my wife was on anti-depressants after we lost our little girl. They helped her cope but had to stop taking them before the second trimester of her current pregnancy. The doctor told her the wrong way to reduce the dosage and she ended up suffering from light sensitivity, nausea, and vertigo. She says that after going through that for 3 months, she never wants to take antis again.
    So sorry to hear about your daughter, that has to be real tough on you guys mentally. I almost lost
    my son a few years ago to a car, his best friend died right next to him, that shit can make you go nuts. Taking these meds
    is suicide IMO. I got electric shock feelings in my brain when I stopped cold turkey. I had to go back on them
    and ween myself off slowly. Its been quite a few years since Ive been on them, I dont even take xanx anymore.

Your mind is the most powerful thing you have, it can make you sick, it could make you die, and it can cure you.
    I'm learnning to use mine for the better. I wish you guys all the luck with your child, I'll say a prayer for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12