Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction

Default Prediction

If you or any of your children are currently, or ever have been, on any type of psychiatric medication you will not be legally allowed to own or purchase any type of firearm.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBraden View Post
    If you or any of your children are currently, or ever have been, on any type of psychiatric medication you will not be legally allowed to own or purchase any type of firearm.
    Living under the same roof, same as for one on probation, could be forthcoming.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBraden View Post
    That'll be just great. So nutjobs won't get help.(Not that it will help)

(Crawford County)

A scarier prediction: government computer algorithms sweep up your online presence, social media posts, purchases, comments to articles.....and determine you need medicated. You receive federally funded pills in the mail that have impregnated chips that can tell if you ingested them properly. Along with the package is a court order requiring you to submit to medicating for correction of a psychological problem. The court order also advises you that law enforcement will be by to sieze your registered and unregistered firearms.....you lose your first, second and fourth amendment rights all in one fell swoop and not one person is involved in the process.

For sure.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    A scarier prediction: government computer algorithms sweep up your online presence, social media posts, purchases, comments to articles.....and determine you need medicated. You receive federally funded pills in the mail that have impregnated chips that can tell if you ingested them properly. Along with the package is a court order requiring you to submit to medicating for correction of a psychological problem. The court order also advises you that law enforcement will be by to sieze your registered and unregistered firearms.....you lose your first, second and fourth amendment rights all in one fell swoop and not one person is involved in the process.
    This is actually not far fetched.
    The technology to do it already exists.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I use to be on those drugs. I got off them because they were making me nuts.
    If any of you are on them and want to stop taking them, word of advice,
    do it SLOWLY. Just stopping can lead to some serious problems. It took me
    6 months to stop all together.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    This is actually not far fetched.
    The technology to do it already exists.
    Yep.. was watching a show about technology in policing
    A University of Penn professor claims they have been quietly working with the FBI and other LE and has such an algorithm.
    Not just from what you do now..
    but based on social environment and family history he can with great probability predict if an unborn baby will disposed to commit a violent crime during it's life.
    They want to, and sounded like they already do, use it for parole hearings.
    His mantra If we can keep those who the algorithm shows will commit violent crime in jail with 10% error, and allow others who it says will not commit crime out on parole with 10% error that would be a great thing... or something very close

They also touched on plate readers, not just in cars but fixed at intersections like the Brits have.

What shocked me was police cars in California that the vehicle mounted plate readers ALSO HAVE FACIAL RECOGNITION and it IS in use. She was cruising down the street and it was checking plates and faces against registration, tickets, and warrants. The screen was segmented with I think 8 boxes that continually updated with pictures it was taking. A green outline within the picture box showed what it was looking at. When it hits there is an audible alarm, the green box turned red, and that picture box grew to cover half the screen. The officer stated this was deployed throughout her department.

I knew facial recognition was being deployed in public areas like transportation hubs.. but to see it working in a police car !
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

The sad truth is that i have seen some kids and adults while working at my job as mental health screener (the New Jersey term) that look and feel like they have the potential to do something horrible like a shooting spree, but they do not currently meet inpatient commitment criteria as the current law (which is even easier to commit than Pennsylvania's law) allows.

As much as i have heard people, even liberals, complain about how "mentally ill" can "easily" obtain firearms, i have not heard any of them put forth any cogent definition for "mental illness" in this context. Rarely does a week go by in my line of work when i hear a person complaining about how hard it is to commit someone because they do not meet commitment criteria. The sad thing is that some people want to blindly set the bar so low that they themselves could ironically meet that criteria level the following week and get themselves committed!

Changing the definition so it becomes more than form 4473 states is a mistake, especially with wildly emotional lawmakers in power.

(Schuylkill County)

No need to be on medication. All you have to do is be accused of something and you can get your life ruined. As long as it's the right kind of accusation. Add mentally unbalanced to the current list of racist, abusive, and insensitive.
    Next, boy that kid down the block is creepy and he has no friends. Arrest him!

Just look at the Olympics. Every day there is a person who gets fired or has to apologize for saying something innocuous whether it is true or not.
    They skate on the canals in Amsterdam - no sorry, that was insensitive, the canals don't freeze.
    Married women are not as good at skiing as single women 10 years younger - sorry, that was sexually abusive even though demonstrably true.
    Japan occupied Korea for 35 years and that had an impact on Korean society.- sorry you're fired for quoting history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast