Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mixing tracers with regular rounds...

In a 30 round mag, does anyone intermix standard rounds with tracers, and if so at what ratio?
    would it make a difference if it's for a standard semi-auto or one with a bump stock or binary fire trigger?

asking for a friend.

Default Re: mixing tracers with regular rounds...

I do not. I have fired some as a novelty item but don't regularly load them in any duty magazines.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    In a 30 round mag, does anyone intermix standard rounds with tracers, and if so at what ratio?
    would it make a difference if it's for a standard semi-auto or one with a bump stock or binary fire trigger?

asking for a friend.
    When I was in we were taught to have tracers every third or 4th round, then that morphed into the last two rounds in the mag to let you know to change mags, Then a wise old SFC told me Tracers work both ways and who wants to point out where you are to enemy shooters. In civilian life tracers may be fun to use ona range where permitted and where you won't set fire to the state but they have no real use to defend yourself in everyday life.

I usually do one every 5-6 rnds on my 50. Some have 10 consecutive tracers. (100rnd belts)

As for mags, just straight tracer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    When I was in we were taught to have tracers every third or 4th round, then that morphed into the last two rounds in the mag to let you know to change mags, Then a wise old SFC told me Tracers work both ways and who wants to point out where you are to enemy shooters. In civilian life tracers may be fun to use ona range where permitted and where you won't set fire to the state but they have no real use to defend yourself in everyday life.
    Belted 60 was every 5 rounds, M-16 was every 4. Lit up a few ranges back in the day.

I don't see a need in self defense. Besides, it's hard to find 230g .45ACP tracers cheap or easy...

(Montgomery County)

For many years my dad and I kept an M1 Garand on our boat. We did a lot of over night fishing off of the NJ, DE, and MD coast. I kept 3 bandoleers of ammunition on board. One was all black tipped armor piercing, one was all ball ammunition, and the other was a mixture of armor piercing and tracer ammunition for any possible night engagements.

I also had my H&R M1 Garand Armoloyed to protect it from salt water. It is a tackdriver.

(Westmoreland County)

3 ball, 1 tracer. As mentioned beware of starting fires. We had to call cease fires to put fires out more than you'd think. Not worth the hassle for that reason alone in my opinion.

(Susquehanna County)

If you want to set the woods on fire for the purpose of battlefield illumination, they're great.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post

asking for a friend.

Stuff is expensive. I'm not clear if Tracer is corrosive. Might want to check up on it.

there are short and longrange tracers, some dont light till about 75yd. the american eagle ones take a bit to light so unless you are shooting 300+yd there is no point. I like to fill full mags with tracers and use the bumpstock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast